Remove Advertisements

My gear in Kara...

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

My gear in Kara...

Postby Matheos23 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:36 pm

Hey All!

First time poster here, but been reading the forums for a long time. My guild has recently had me starting to tank my own group through Kara, and since we have a wide variety of tankadins here, i thought id throw my armory out there, and let ya guys shred me a bit / Give me suggestions on what gear i should replace.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &n=Matheos

Well there it is - Flame away!

*drink greater fireshield potion*
Matheos23

Postby Wakeman » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:53 pm

Nice gear indeed. Your stat is good for tanking Kara.

Though there are still a lot you can do to fine-tune your gear.

- ENCHANT EVERY OF YOUR STUFF THAT ARE ENCHANTABLE! You still have back, chest, gloves and boots not enchanted, despite you have the gold to buy all the +12 sta gems. If you do all the enchant properly, it is 370hp and 12 dodge rating. Enchant +12 sta to bracers too if you get more avoidance from other sources later.

- Grind bg during the spare time to get the S1 Gavel. Much higher spell damage.

- Keep grinding Shatar reputation for the shield.

- You are already 360+ engine. Why haven't you made your epic goggles and rocket launcher trinket? (T4 helm has better threat, but engine goggles is better for all other aspects.)

Don't hate me. You asked me to flame on your gear. :wink:
Image Fear my Bacon of Light!
Wakeman

Postby Matheos23 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:32 am

Check him out now, made a couple improvements :) I didnt get chest enchanted yet or boots, because i wasnt 100% sure on what to get, gonna do some research, also didnt get the weapon enchanted, since im gonna try to get the s1 gavel anyways soon.
Matheos23

Postby ulushnar » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:56 am

Rate My Gear threads are bad and wrong. If you'd posted this in the Gear Forums you'd have seen the stickies warning of such. If you have specific questions about specific items or enchants, ask them instead.

In brief:

*Replace the dodge gem with a purple stamina/some other stat hybrid.
*Get 150 Health on your chest and 12 Stamina on your boots. (9 stamina + runspeed is also acceptable for boots)
*Make your fricking Rocket Launcher already! It's an extra nine Stamina and a free single-target pull!

But seriously, you have T4 shoulders and half your gear's from Kara, you outgear the place so why are you worried?
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Dobbelsteen » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:41 am

No offence, but if you're almost in full kara epics, I'm sure you can tank the instance as well.
Think logical, no need for assurance, resist the urge!
Other than that decent gear chap.
Dobbelsteen

Postby Matheos23 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:11 pm

Ah sorry, i went and looked in the gear forum and saw the note in there. My bad. Just wanted to make sure i was good to go and all that junk.
Matheos23

Return to Karazhan