Remove Advertisements

My first Karazhan with questions

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

My first Karazhan with questions

Postby supai » Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:06 pm

Something from one of our healers and the guild master. Healer was up to Curator and GM was through the whole instance. Please have a look at my gear. Is it normal what they are saying about taking no damage and then taking alot of damage? Is it just because my gear isn't great yet? In a raid I am uncritable and uncrushable, using major elixir of def and agility and have a shaman totem down for more agility. (Alha is my lock :))

Healer comment
Healing a tanking pali is different then a drood or warrior, It is much harder to predict incoming damage..He will take no damage and then all of a sudden a lot of damage very quickly.. I will read up on reason for that. I did change to /stopcasting so I keep a heal "channeled" and only let it land when needed, that worked better, but still I almost landed them to late at times.

or Lets just blame it on latency...(It already happened, I just don't see it yet )

Guild leader comment
Something I noticed too.
Alha has a very respectable health pool.
On some fights he'd regularly go from 100% to 10/20/30% very quickly, and very "spikeyly"
We had very strong, competent healers, so I don't think he was ever in danger, it just looked very different for them compared to the healing styles they are used to.

Again, a very different style of tanking, and very versatile for some situations. I think if we can formulate which of the 3 tank types work best for which bosses, we really can exploit this.

Also, single prot warr, single pally tank and 2 bears seems a better mix to take to 25 mans.
supai

Postby Vanifae » Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:45 pm

I call shenanigans on their comments.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Zahir » Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:57 pm

you're fine IMO. It's all really how lucky u get with a string of dodges/parrys/misses then maybe 4 hits in a row.

That's why some people prefer mitigation compared to pure avoidance, more predictable to heal through.
Zahir

Postby Invisusira » Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:59 pm

Yeah, your gear is well past the point where they should be saying stuff like that. Sounds like they're just being biased and not paying as much attention to those situations on the other kinds of tanks.

Tell them that when our warriors/druids tank all I hear is "gawd you take so much less damage."
Invisusira

Return to Karazhan