Remove Advertisements

Okay WTF is Prince's problem?

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby gwayne » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:13 am

Shakkra wrote:Doing the full threat cycle, I find myself in AD range every few seconds, and I just cant see the benefit of being 50% ahead of number two on the threat meter.

Mana isnt an issue either, thanks to constant damage of hellfires.

Move away from the hellfires! There's nothing to see here.

If you are taking constant hellfire damage you should try moving out the way :) Prince does more than enough damage on his own.

Personally I don't disengage and never have. I don't really believe parry haste makes a huge difference on prince; if you can survive a flurry you can survive a parry. But if it helps you then go for it :) The only place I disengage is Mech or MT heroic I think...
Gwayne
<CTSamurai>
Neptulon-EU
gwayne

Postby Stylaan » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:17 am

Shakkra wrote:Given my group makeup for Kara, disengaging is the safer way.

Threat? Dont tell me my dps is holding back as long as Im at least 10% ahead.

Doing the full threat cycle, I find myself in AD range every few seconds, and I just cant see the benefit of being 50% ahead of number two on the threat meter.

Mana isnt an issue either, thanks to constant damage of hellfires.

Maybe this will change when my dps is better geared, but then I will be too, and the flurries will be less dangerous anyway.

It just depends on your group and gear. "Do it your way" - as long as it works.

Wait, you disengage yet stand in hellfires? I'm pretty sure that's doing a lot more damage over time than a few parries here and there would've.

Unless you run with all your DPS being arcane mages it's very easy for strong dpsers to close a gap, this isn't to say that SoR is a large portion of threat or that disengaging is a bad idea, but choosing to stand in hellfire while disengaging is counter intuitive.
Stylaan

Postby Tunos » Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:12 pm

If you have two other healers a pally can actually FoL spam for portions of that fight. The only stipulation is that in phase 2 they HAVE to be ready to cancel a FoL and fire off a 10 or 11 HL because phase 2 damage is so much higher.

One tip, AMP magic the tanks in phase 2. He stops casting SW:P in this phase so all you get is more leet healing.

Additionally, look for info on the special spot. It's a nice trick that avoids a lot of infernals.
Tunos

Postby Shakkra » Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:17 am

Stylaan wrote:
Wait, you disengage yet stand in hellfires? I'm pretty sure that's doing a lot more damage over time than a few parries here and there would've.

Unless you run with all your DPS being arcane mages it's very easy for strong dpsers to close a gap, this isn't to say that SoR is a large portion of threat or that disengaging is a bad idea, but choosing to stand in hellfire while disengaging is counter intuitive.

I trade spikes for constant damage, may seem counter intuitive, but i never drop low and never run out of mana either. Its not a lot of damage anyway.

Success says Im fine this way ;)

ps: I kept an eye on omen yesterday and i still was at least 50k ahead on number 2, who was a shadowpriest.
ps2: Besides exorcism, consecration and holy shield, I still judge for threat but immediately disengage again afterwards.
Shakkra

Postby utena » Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:08 pm

Standing in hellfires = insane. You will be taking a massive amount of DPS in Phase 2. You will be getting a waterfall of mana, without sitting in hellfires and killing your healers' mana pools.

Want a win?

1. Get 5/5 Combat Expertise and Bracers of the Ancient Phalanx to almost max your Expertise, lowering the chance of parrygibbing.

2. Get a Sun Eater with Mongoose Enchant. Use it with wings for Phase 2. You are part of the DPS. L2P.

3. Tell your healers and your DPS to L2P. When he's flurrying in Phase 2, your healers need to be spamming their max heals per second, and your DPS needs to blow their cooldowns/trinkets to get you out of Phase 2 ASAP.

To the OP: no heals for 5 seconds during phase two? It's obvious your healers were sucking and 100% at fault, end of story. Rez, rebuff, do it again.
utena

Postby Shakkra » Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:32 am

Utena wrote:Standing in hellfires = insane. You will be taking a massive amount of DPS in Phase 2. You will be getting a waterfall of mana, without sitting in hellfires and killing your healers' mana pools.

Oh well. One last time and then Ill be quiet.

I dont take massive damage cause I disengage. Infact I would regularly be mana starved if it werent for hellfires. Not only did the damage total I receive get lower, but I also dont experience any real spike damages anymore. Neither are my healers complaining about mana.

Im certainly a bit better geared than with what I started but Im still missing several kara drops and I dont even need any buff potions anymore. Buffed about 16k life. The only negative point is, the fight is almost boring this way.

Im not telling you to do it my way, Im just saying that it can be done and thats its extremely perferrable for *me*.
Shakkra

Postby Invisusira » Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:59 am

BAH, I hate to see this thread dug up and I hate to post in it again, buuuut...

Shakkra wrote:I dont take massive damage cause I disengage. Infact I would regularly be mana starved if it werent for hellfires. Not only did the damage total I receive get lower, but I also dont experience any real spike damages anymore.

I'm sorry, but there is absolutely no way that that's true. It's all in your head!
Invisusira

Postby Shakkra » Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:08 am

Yeah, its probably my recap going nuts.
However I'd always take everything back and claim the opposite in exchange for your armorpatch ;) But then again, it probably wouldnt look all that nice on a draenei anyway.
Shakkra

Postby gwayne » Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:55 am

I personally believe spike damage on prince has almost nothing to do with parrys. They probably don't help but it's more to do with the flurry effect which gives him a chance for 2 extra attacks.

A parry makes his next attack come a little faster (probably around 1 second less healing time).

A flurry makes him hit you 3 times in a blink of an eye. This is why you need to be on full health. This is also why you die :)

Standing in infernals for mana..... Do you really hate your healers? They don't deserve that. What do your melee do? :P
Gwayne
<CTSamurai>
Neptulon-EU
gwayne

Postby Shakkra » Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:54 am

gwayne wrote:A flurry makes him hit you 3 times in a blink of an eye. This is why you need to be on full health. This is also why you die :)

I dont. A flurry isnt a problem, two flurries in a row are a problem. Missed heals due to movement are a problem. Enfeebled casters getting hit by a hellfire is a problem.

Standing in infernals for mana..... Do you really hate your healers? They don't deserve that. What do your melee do? :P

The usual: avoid hellfires (prince has a large enough hit box) and run away when enfeebled.

And I wont argue on healers/damage/threat/spikes/disengaging/whatever anymore. Try it or dont, I dont really care.
Shakkra

Previous

Return to Karazhan