Remove Advertisements

Karazhan Health Req

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Lalecize » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:57 pm

Uthadanin wrote:
kalbear wrote:If you're uncrittable and uncrushable you're going to have a good amount of HP. If you're not uncrushable you should have more. If you're not uncrittable you shouldn't be there at all.

Vanifae is right... I'm only level 68 and I've already passed 10k unbuffed. oO
Yeah, but you have nothing for defense or avoidance. Sorry Nicos, but saying that you're at 10.5k HP when you've got 406 def isn't all that special. :p

how about 471 defense with 10493 health unbuffed. its not hard to do @ 68 at all.

Don't remember my gearing @ 68 exactly, but I am an enchanter and everyone of my gearing pieces had +def in it somwhere. +stam enchants on everything and pre +18 shield.

Yeah but when your 70 ur gna need to get to 490 def. This means swapping stam gems/chants with +def ones.

I had more HP at 69 than i did when i dinged 70 and became uncrittible. You have to work your way back up.
Lalecize

Postby Pizbit » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:19 pm

Eh? Use +def enchants/gems at 70?
I didn't need to, I just quested by way up and was uncrittable within 2 hours of 70. Socketing/enchanting for def is also a horrid way to get uncrushable, just check the gear thread for quests and instances to do.
I think there's a few threads on getting uncrushable with 12k+ HP without relying on drops too.

Oh to that comment about some nub saying you can't tank curator with what was it? 13k hp or something?

I let HS drop for extended periods of time on curator just to get mana sometimes, he doesn't hit hard at all unless you're taking crushes, and for the last 15% where he hits a little harder, well you(and the hateful bolt soaker) are the only ones taking damage not raid wide damage from flares.

With HS up you could probably tank curator with 11k :)

Starting kara, I'd lean to 11k unbuffed, 12k at curator and 13k for NB/Prince. These aren't hard numbers set in stone as they depend a lot on what buffs you get. an Imp lets you have 12k when 13k is preferable etc. Number 1 is your healers though :)

p.s. what no one tells you is that you need 16k unbuffed HP to do Chess, I tell no lie!
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby Lalecize » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:16 pm

Pizbit wrote:Eh? Use +def enchants/gems at 70?
I didn't need to, I just quested by way up and was uncrittable within 2 hours of 70. Socketing/enchanting for def is also a horrid way to get uncrushable, just check the gear thread for quests and instances to do.
I think there's a few threads on getting uncrushable with 12k+ HP without relying on drops too.

Oh to that comment about some nub saying you can't tank curator with what was it? 13k hp or something?

I let HS drop for extended periods of time on curator just to get mana sometimes, he doesn't hit hard at all unless you're taking crushes, and for the last 15% where he hits a little harder, well you(and the hateful bolt soaker) are the only ones taking damage not raid wide damage from flares.

With HS up you could probably tank curator with 11k :)

Starting kara, I'd lean to 11k unbuffed, 12k at curator and 13k for NB/Prince. These aren't hard numbers set in stone as they depend a lot on what buffs you get. an Imp lets you have 12k when 13k is preferable etc. Number 1 is your healers though :)

p.s. what no one tells you is that you need 16k unbuffed HP to do Chess, I tell no lie!

Yes when I hit 70 fresh I had a few rep rewards and afew instance blues.

I threw in +4 def + 6 stam gems to get me uncrittible. They only cost about 15g per gem if you know a JC. That way i was uncrittible as soon as I dinged.

I then swapped them for +12 stam gems as my gear improved and I got each piece on my list. Realistically if you hit 70 fresh, you cant get uncrittible easily without doing some instances to get gear. If you had a huge wad of cash and crafted epics you could, but for me I had to fill a few gem slots. Heck I initially had to throw in some +8 dodge gems to get uncrushable.

Now of course im uncrit/uncrush/12khp no sweat with all +12 stam gems, and have tanked up to chess just fine (thats as far as we have had time for - we are a fresh group).
Lalecize

Postby Pizbit » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:27 pm

Eh, like I said I was uncrittable within hours of hitting 70, no epics and sod all instance drops. Sword off the AH, felsteel glove/helm etc. I think the key is to quest out netherstorm, there is a *lot* of tanking plate there.
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Previous

Return to Karazhan