Problems Tanking Prince

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Aarek » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:22 am

Yeah, you were probably crushed due to the slight hole between holy shield ending and holy shield being put up again... the only other way he could have crushed you if you are uncrushable is if you showed your back to him. I'm hoping to tank prince soon, just need more dodge before I wanna try. Stupid tanking gear never dropping off early bosses.

Let's just say that if complete and utter chaos was lightning, he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are bastards'.
Aarek

Postby chayde » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:57 pm

Why are people stopping their auto attack? He doesn't attack faster if you're attacking him and he parries. The extra attacks happen if you parry HIM. Auto attacking or not you're still going to parry his attacks...
chayde

Postby Shakkra » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:28 am

chayde wrote:Why are people stopping their auto attack? He doesn't attack faster if you're attacking him and he parries. The extra attacks happen if you parry HIM.

Errr ... no. His parries bad, your parries good.
Shakkra

Postby Enkal » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:58 am

Tanked prince plenty of times, went there last weekend and had endless wipes with the infernals boxing us in all the time etc. One try they actually landed next to me each time I moved him. I followed the edge counter clockwise and they kept landing just behind the prince. :( It's almost as if they did something to that encounter.

Last try I even got enfeebled, first time ever with that bug. :( That's when I called the raid off.
Enkal

Postby chayde » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:01 am

Shakkra wrote:
chayde wrote:Why are people stopping their auto attack? He doesn't attack faster if you're attacking him and he parries. The extra attacks happen if you parry HIM.

Errr ... no. His parries bad, your parries good.

I've never once stopped attacking him while tanking. Never heard of such a thing. Maybe I should buy my healers some cookies
chayde

Postby Shakkra » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:04 am

chayde wrote:I've never once stopped attacking him while tanking. Never heard of such a thing. Maybe I should buy my healers some cookies

Neither did I, except the last time, its noticably less spiky.
Shakkra

Postby Shakkra » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:15 am

Enkal wrote:Tanked prince plenty of times, went there last weekend and had endless wipes with the infernals boxing us in all the time etc. One try they actually landed next to me each time I moved him. I followed the edge counter clockwise and they kept landing just behind the prince. :( It's almost as if they did something to that encounter.

You may want to try not moving and suck up the hellfire, its not that much damage, though its obviously hindering melees.

Last try I even got enfeebled, first time ever with that bug. :( That's when I called the raid off.

Probably someone got more threat than you, but not enough to draw aggro. (above 100%, but below 110/130)
Shakkra

Postby Enkal » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:18 am

I was way ahead on threat at the time I think (was late and I was tired from all the wipes) but still noone should be close to me in the prince.

And yea I did soak some hellfire but we had shitty healers I must admit. :P (Or one skilled but under geared and 2 paladins that arent used to raid healing)
Enkal

Postby Shakkra » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:21 am

Enkal wrote:And yea I did soak some hellfire but we had shitty healers I must admit. :P (Or one skilled but under geared and 2 paladins that arent used to raid healing)

It that case it should be even easier to stand still and have your healers repeatedly hit a single button ;)
Shakkra

Postby Stylaan » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:25 am

Enkal wrote:I was way ahead on threat at the time I think (was late and I was tired from all the wipes) but still noone should be close to me in the prince.

And yea I did soak some hellfire but we had shitty healers I must admit. :P (Or one skilled but under geared and 2 paladins that arent used to raid healing)

He doesn't target his main target for Enfeeble, but during a transitional period he drops his current target to summon his axes or throw them away, so the enfeeble can hit any target on the map if it comes at a phase transition.
Stylaan

Previous

Return to Karazhan