Remove Advertisements

Is it possibe - 2 tankadins

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Fedaykin98 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:13 pm

My guild does this sometimes, whenever people's schedules call for it. Our RL/MT is a Tankadin. We've cleared Attumen, Moroes, Opera, and Maiden with ease (one of us goes cleansebot on Maiden) a number of times.

Last week we ran Curator, Illhoof, Chess, and Aran with the two of us tanking. I healed on Curator and Aran, he DPSed and healed on Aran. One-shotted everything but Aran, which was a new encounter for several people, but we got him on the 2nd try. Bubble + HoW FTW!!!

...afterwards, my wife commented that things seemed to go more smoothly with both of us in the group (as opposed to the previous week, where I MTed the same content solo). What a kick in the junk, but you get the message.

He's cleared Kara, and hopefully this week I'll see the last 3 bosses die, as well. We're doing the second four of those bosses tonight, and have two more nights allocated to Prince, Nightbane, and Netherspite.
Fedaykin98

Postby Asterix » Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:35 am

I've done full clears of Kara with two tankadins and 5/6 clear of ZA just last night. I think it works out great and for solo tank fights there's extra heals or some dps if he pulls the 2 hander out.
Asterix

Postby Mindrak » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:49 am

I find Karazhan goes much smoother with 2 prot paladins than with any other set of tanks I've used. I've OT'd and MT'd it with another prot paladin.

Yes, I outgear Karazhan, the rest of my raid group doesn't, they're in half blues (including my OT, and we tradeoff tanking stuff).

Attumen - Doesn't matter, either of us can just tank both.
Moroes - The paladin without Mortal Strike + Stuns has moroes as main threat. Kill the most dangerous adds first.
Maiden - if your fight can down nightbane, the loss of dps here doesn't hurt.
Opera - Straightforward, just pair a rogue with Jullianne. I like to tank roar + tin man instead of kite/fear, less "chance" in the fight that way.
Nightbane - Can stay in tank gear if your healers can handle it, just have the OT keep wisdom up.
Curator - Have the OT paladin take the bolts. Between the two of you, Chess - I prefer to heal here. Really, it's so much nicer when you know at least 1 of the healers is covered.
Prince - You want the OT in heal gear here.
Wisdom + Crusader, the OT can do enough TPS.
Aran - Only have 1 person on interrupts. Aran will only melee when multiple schools are locked. Both tanks go into heal gear, or one in HP gear for elementals works.
Illhoof - MT on Illhoof, Offtank between the two portals consecrating to snag the imps, exorcising Kil'rek on spawn
Netherspite - Same as any other two tanks.
Mindrak

Postby Pala » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:55 pm

I went into Karazhan last night as the second tank to a better geared Protection Paladin. It was faster and smoother than any other time I've gone and we cleared trash mobs for fun. The main reason I think it was so good was because we didn't have to shackle a bunch of stuff. Plus I got 9 badges and got my new chest piece!
[Palatinus] & [Kury] - Earthen Ring US
Pala
Maintankadonor

Postby Lalecize » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:09 pm

Our 2 kara groups are a bit interesting

Group 1: Me (pally) Mt, prot warrior OT.
Group 2: 2 X Feral Druid.

Group 2's first run is tomorrow. Hmm.

The Druid MT of group 2 is complaining, he wants either me or the war to roll with him and split the druids between the two groups.

Due to time limitations it can't be done.

Any idea how the two druids will do in kara? (kinda reverse question to what the topic is).

1 X pally, 1 X prot warrior works fine atm

2 X Feral druids = bad?

I hope they can take it with both being crushable. Mind u from what ive heard it doensn't matter to druids.
Lalecize

Postby Boudi » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:51 am

druids can't reach uncrushabillity as far as i've been able to dig up info.

But that is not at all an issue. The only reason why i would'nt take a druid is when the druid is going to tank a boss that does nothing else but spelldmg. This "might" give trouble, depending on lots of things like gear, quality of the healers, dmg taken, and probably even more. Bottom line is that druids mitigate spelldmg worse than warriors or paladins.

Regardless of that is suggest you get a druid in each group. Not only because of the buffs, combat ress and an innervate, but also because they're excellent tanks(in theory) for environments that are found in KZ.

But to answer your question: 2 druids can tank karazhan just fine :)
Tanked: KZ(nightbane left), Nalorakk
Boudi

Previous

Return to Karazhan