Karazhan - The Maiden and The Curator

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby plisken451 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:41 am

One run I had a spark on me and it killed me because my healer couldn't get me up fast enough.

Last night was my first time tanking Curator and we encountered something I'd never seen before on other chars. Every once in a while, a spark would target me. I didn't take a lot of dmg from Curator (uncrushable, ftw), but if the spark decided it liked me, it got real dicey. After looking at the WWS, it appears as though that my R1 Consecration would tag the spark, and then there was no getting it off me. We had just enough dps to get a couple of seconds of dps on curator after the spark died, but when he enraged, I don't think my healers were quite ready for the onslaught, and I bought it. The last person died with Curator at 1%. :x

I was really proud, cause for most of them, it was their first time ever seeing the fight.
ImageRetired

Mirraluun - Asmodian Chanter - Fregion Server - Eated by hackers
plisken451

Postby Morpheren » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:46 am

Curator is easy mode, that could quite be the least tank-centric fight other than Shade of Aran.

Maiden on the other hand, I tried tanking her last night, first try. I had a decently geared warrior (and by decent i mean better than me) playing back up OT role. I preloaded SoB, holy shield, and tossed my Capt America, judged on the way in, and consecrated right as I got her to the middle. Even with the pull going exactly as I wanted it, I just couldn't hold her against the warrior. I don't know what it is, but I just can't seem to wor around the silences. would lag make an issue here? Even if I'm just spamming the buttons. . . using first available for HS, then next for JoR, then next to refresh SoR, and consecrate when up? I can't seem to top 300-400 tps with all the silences going off @ ~350 spell dmg. . .
whatisboom.com - Two parts rocket fuel, one part genius.
Chef Koriel, Guild Master of Fury Untold on Sen'jin
Morpheren

Previous

Return to Karazhan