Karazhan - Terestian Illhoof

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Dreamcrusher » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:18 am

Lorath wrote:400 spell dmg? ... you wearing cloth or something? :)

Nope, I still have ~13k armor in 400 spell damage. :D
<3
Dreamcrusher

Postby Phasek » Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:35 pm

Our first few attempts, our warlock was having difficulty with seed of corruption. I suggested respeccing to destro like so many have said, but we agreed we shouldn't have to resort to respecs on a per-fight basis. We tried a few different things and the strat that ended up working went as follows:

I'd pull the fight initially with Avenger's Shield, tagging both Illhoof and his pet. I'd run to the back left of the circle of candles, with the candles between me and Illhoof. Our warlock was in the other party with the healers, ran to where Illhoof starts unaggroed and spammed hellfire throughout the fight. The other party had a holy paladin in it who had concentration aura up and kept blessing of sacrifice up on both me and the warlock. I would be spamming consecration throughout the entire fight formost. I'd obviously keep holy shield up and use the single target holy dps ablities as well.

The DPS'ers other than the lock were told only to DPS Illhoof fulltime, switching only to kill the demon chains the moment someone was sacrificed. The elite imp would switch between me and the lock, the damage blending into the other damage we were taking and making itself somewhat unnoticable to me. The healers reported after the last kill that when their jobs were less stressful when the elite imp was on me though, so I'll probably focus more exorcisms on it the next time around. About twice through the course of the fight the elite imp would die to the aoe spam and Illhoof would just take more damage. The 2-3 times that an imp was out of range of the hellfire, I would throw an exorcism on it.

The holy paladin who kept blessing of sacrifice on us helped twofold. First, it reduced the amount of damage the lock and I took significantly. Secondly, between vampiric embrace, vampiric touch, and renew from the shadow priest, she seemingly had everlasting mana return. We just kind of ignored Illhoof's current health and stuck with our routine, and it died after a few minutes. We downed Illhoof for the second time yesterday with this strat, and (like most things I suppose) it seemed even easier the second time we killed it.
Phasek

Postby Jensaarai » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:34 pm

Phasek wrote:Our first few attempts, our warlock was having difficulty with seed of corruption. I suggested respeccing to destro like so many have said, but we agreed we shouldn't have to resort to respecs on a per-fight basis. We tried a few different things and the strat that ended up working went as follows:

I'd pull the fight initially with Avenger's Shield, tagging both Illhoof and his pet. I'd run to the back left of the circle of candles, with the candles between me and Illhoof. Our warlock was in the other party with the healers, ran to where Illhoof starts unaggroed and spammed hellfire throughout the fight. The other party had a holy paladin in it who had concentration aura up and kept blessing of sacrifice up on both me and the warlock. I would be spamming consecration throughout the entire fight formost. I'd obviously keep holy shield up and use the single target holy dps ablities as well.

The DPS'ers other than the lock were told only to DPS Illhoof fulltime, switching only to kill the demon chains the moment someone was sacrificed. The elite imp would switch between me and the lock, the damage blending into the other damage we were taking and making itself somewhat unnoticable to me. The healers reported after the last kill that when their jobs were less stressful when the elite imp was on me though, so I'll probably focus more exorcisms on it the next time around. About twice through the course of the fight the elite imp would die to the aoe spam and Illhoof would just take more damage. The 2-3 times that an imp was out of range of the hellfire, I would throw an exorcism on it.

The holy paladin who kept blessing of sacrifice on us helped twofold. First, it reduced the amount of damage the lock and I took significantly. Secondly, between vampiric embrace, vampiric touch, and renew from the shadow priest, she seemingly had everlasting mana return. We just kind of ignored Illhoof's current health and stuck with our routine, and it died after a few minutes. We downed Illhoof for the second time yesterday with this strat, and (like most things I suppose) it seemed even easier the second time we killed it.

Sounds interesting, I'd just concentrate on killing the imp more so you can dps down Illhoof faster when he's weakened from killing the imp. Seems like you're making the fight last longer than it has to, and iirc he has an enrage timer :D how close were you?
Jensaarai - 85 Prot Paladin (Lost Isles - US)
Endüre - 85 Prot Warrior (Lost Isles - US)
Jensaarai

Postby Phasek » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:45 pm

Oof, that's a good question. I had to ask our record keeper about that one, she's telling me that our last fight went just shy of 6 minutes. I can't imagine it goes too long since we focus all of the single target on illhoof. The two times during the fight that the elite imp dies is just a bonus.
Phasek

Postby Genobi » Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:21 am

I personally tank both Ilhoof and the imp whilst lock/mage aoe the adds. Just have to get ready with an exorcism to pick up the imp when he respanws. Its also a good idea to bop or RD the mage/lock occasionaly if there getting to much aggro.

Here's a basic vid of me tanking it. Not a great vid, but gives you an idea of positioning.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 8293093211

My first post on this awesome forum btw:D
Genobi

Previous

Return to Karazhan