Karazhan - Shade of Aran

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Karazhan - Shade of Aran

Postby Aergis » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:05 pm

Sucks. There is no real job for a tank here. You can either try to heal, dps, or sit out for the fight. Personally I heal, but really I'm wasting a spot for the most part, doing less than 1/2 on the healing meters than the lowest other healer...
Image
User avatar
Aergis
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1146
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:37 pm

Postby Endure » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:18 pm

Healing as a prot paladin is essentially stacking Int, Healing, and Mp5. Mp5 is really key here.

On Aran, I usually just stick to using my FoL macro:

Code: Select all
/cast [help]  Flash of Light;  [target=targettarget] Flash of Light


Just target Aran, and you'll heal whoever he is targeting at the time. Of course, you can manually heal, but this way works as well. =)
Endure of Crimson
http://www.crimson-guild.org
0/49/12
Endure
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:39 pm

Postby Arcand » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:35 am

My standard Ebonroc spam: F-F-3 F-F-3 F-F-3... :roll:
Arcand
Moderator
 
Posts: 4525
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:15 am

Postby Endure » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:19 am

Arcand wrote:My standard Ebonroc spam: F-F-3 F-F-3 F-F-3... :roll:


Oh, I remember those days!
Endure of Crimson
http://www.crimson-guild.org
0/49/12
Endure
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:39 pm

Postby Kyroro » Sun May 27, 2007 12:03 pm

You'll never compete with healers who are specced (and geared) but then again the prot warrior in your group will never match people who are specced for melee DPS.

I typically find my role to be the 4th healer, and to basically to pad heal by slamming FoL as much as I can. Several HLs when people get low. But it helps the main healers who find that they can be freed up to heal the big damage.
Kyroro
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 1:34 pm
Location: Draenor-US

Postby Suba » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:48 am

Three interrupt classes, a fear and banish.

Interrupt all fire/frost spells, banish and fear two adds when they spawn. I tank the other two adds till dead, and grab the feared one when it breaks. When fourth add despawns or is killed finish off the Shade.
Suba
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:40 am

Postby Lore » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:15 am

This is a pretty horrible fight for a Tankadin, I've only done it a few times on Lore. His random interrupt means no Seal of Wisdom, which means FoL spam is about all we can do effectively. And yes, a Prot Warrior isn't going to bring much DPS, but they still have their interrupt. I usually either FoL spam or just go in there with my twohander and Seal of Blood, and keep Wisdom up on him for the casters or Light for the melees. RD is marginally useful for picking up elementals when they spawn, as well.
User avatar
Lore
Global Mod
 
Posts: 7757
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:52 am

Postby ack » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:56 pm

I was MT for the guild's first kill on Aran, and even though I didn't have anything to do as a tank, I felt like I helped a lot with the healing. It did help having 4 epic healing pieces from Kara and purple judgment pieces though. Spammed FoL the entire fight and mana wasn't really an issue. Only ran out of mana at the end just when Aran was about dead (did use a mana pot during the fight). I also used HoJ at the elemental adds that was hitting the clothies. With a good set of healing gear, even as a prot paladin I think we can still contribute a lot on this boss.
User avatar
ack
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun May 27, 2007 1:03 pm

Postby Kyroro » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:27 pm

Being able to bubble + heal during the elemental spawn is priceless. You will save people that just suddenly drop. If there's another paladin, that's double the healing without interruption.
Kyroro
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 1:34 pm
Location: Draenor-US

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

Ack wrote:I was MT for the guild's first kill on Aran, and even though I didn't have anything to do as a tank, I felt like I helped a lot with the healing. It did help having 4 epic healing pieces from Kara and purple judgment pieces though. Spammed FoL the entire fight and mana wasn't really an issue. Only ran out of mana at the end just when Aran was about dead (did use a mana pot during the fight). I also used HoJ at the elemental adds that was hitting the clothies. With a good set of healing gear, even as a prot paladin I think we can still contribute a lot on this boss.


Yeah this is pretty much exactly what I do when we fight Aran.
User avatar
Sabindeus
Moderator
 
Posts: 10476
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 9:24 am

Postby Everlight » Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:55 pm

We're on Aran now. Our raid composition at the moment is;

Holy Priest
Resto Druid
Feral/Resto Druid
Feral Druid
Prot Pally
Warrior
Mage (x2)
Warlock
Hunter

At the moment, I'm chucking on my heal set (1308 healing, 108 mp/5) and helping with the heals. What I was thinking of doing was having four healers (Holy priest, Resto druid, me, and feral/resto druid), having everyone else on DPS, and focusing on triggering the Pyroblast early and outlasting it.

Anyone got any ideas? We don't have rogues or shaman, so we're low on interrupts, unfortunately.
Everlight
 
Posts: 590
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 5:48 pm

Postby Mahale » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:06 pm

Everlight wrote:We're on Aran now. Our raid composition at the moment is;

Holy Priest
Resto Druid
Feral/Resto Druid
Feral Druid
Prot Pally
Warrior
Mage (x2)
Warlock
Hunter

At the moment, I'm chucking on my heal set (1308 healing, 108 mp/5) and helping with the heals. What I was thinking of doing was having four healers (Holy priest, Resto druid, me, and feral/resto druid), having everyone else on DPS, and focusing on triggering the Pyroblast early and outlasting it.

Anyone got any ideas? We don't have rogues or shaman, so we're low on interrupts, unfortunately.



I want to say counter spell works my warlock friend said that the felguards interrupt works.
Image
Mahale
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:04 am

Postby Everlight » Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:13 pm

Mahale wrote:I want to say counter spell works my warlock friend said that the felguards interrupt works.


Felguard, or felhunter? The Felguard has a charge stun, but Aran's immune to that. The felhunter has a spell-lock, but that's on a long cooldown and the Felhunter frequently dies.

We are currently using a Felhunter, but that doesn't get anywhere near the 10 second kick a Rogue gets... The only thing that's close is the Warrior's Pummel, but that's only on one spell...
Everlight
 
Posts: 590
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 5:48 pm

Postby Phaex » Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:12 pm

You should be fine with proper healing Gear. I'm usually not that much behind.

Its probably 10 to 15% less healing output of a holy Paladin. If you get much less, than its not your specs fault ; ) Enchant your gear and work on your reactions & interface. Its not that hard to keep up with "real" healers.

Yeah, sucks that we have no job on aran. Even when i'm the only tank in a kara run, i healbot on him. But hey, who cares. I healbot on like 33% of all encounters, because there is nothing else to do for me. Thats fine, its your second role, just like the 2nd warrior is dpsing here and there.
Image
Phaex
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:25 am
Location: Germany

Postby Mahale » Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:56 pm

oh sorry I always get those confused, I meant felhunter, so it would stand to reason that the mages could counter spell, that's two interrupts at least.
Image
Mahale
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:04 am

Next

Return to Karazhan

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest