Remove Advertisements

Karazhan - Curator

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Kathryn » Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:10 am

Dreamcrusher wrote:What do you guys do if you're not MT on this guy? Just try and build secondary threat to eat HB's, or switch out into healing gear and heal the dps?

Usually i MT him so our Prot warrior can help DPS the adds. Using a Lock to eat the bolts.

Or if we wanna feel different warrior MTs, i keep hitting Curator in +dmg gear too and pile AR, i keep myself topped off to make sure i eat bolts.
Kathryn

Postby Strom » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:32 am

My guild just got to the Curator (yeah we are pretty casual). I am the MT and we either use a feral or an arms/prot warrior as our off-tank. How do you guys handle the mob packs before the curator? Those mana drains are a pain.... do I want to tank the anomaly and let the druid or warrior grab the little mana drainers? Do you guys DPS down the anomaly first?

Thanks

Strom
Strom

Postby Lore » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:34 am

When we're doing them "normally" we dps down the anomaly first and let his loose mana thing keep our mana up when we're fighting the drainers.

If we have a hunter, there's a trick they can do where they pull the pack, feign death, and shoot the anomaly before it puts its mana shield back up (which 1-shots it).
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Strom » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:37 am

Lore wrote:If we have a hunter, there's a trick they can do where they pull the pack, feign death, and shoot the anomaly before it puts its mana shield back up (which 1-shots it).

Hmm thats crazy. We will try that.
Strom

Postby Jensaarai » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:28 am

Lore wrote:When we're doing them "normally" we dps down the anomaly first and let his loose mana thing keep our mana up when we're fighting the drainers.

If we have a hunter, there's a trick they can do where they pull the pack, feign death, and shoot the anomaly before it puts its mana shield back up (which 1-shots it).

No way...

What I usually do on this part is, hunter or warrior/druid will pull. The warrior or druid will take the anomaly. When the anomaly comes through the door, I immediately consecrate to catch all the mana feeders behind it. I have SoW on because they mana drain so fast. I then back up, cleansing myself until I'm by the pillars. Then I l.o.s. behind a pillar and drop another consecrate. By this time the feeders are usually on me and I just keep rank 1 consecrate up and holy shield if I can, and keep them grouped up on me at the top of the stairs. I try to get the warrior/druid tank on the anomaly to kill it close to me, so when it dies, which is fairly quickly, I get the loose mana buff so I can start spamming max-rank consecrate again, because now the mage(s) start arcane explosion and the lock(s) start SoC (and maybe a druid aoe :D) and they go down very quickly. Cake :P
Jensaarai - 85 Prot Paladin (Lost Isles - US)
Endüre - 85 Prot Warrior (Lost Isles - US)
Jensaarai

Postby Lore » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:32 am

That's a whole lot of work for relatively easy trash >.>
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Dreamcrusher » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:59 am

I do almost exactly what Jensaarai does, except I pull my feeders in to an alcove in the circle room with the statue in it, in between the stairs and the curator hall.
<3
Dreamcrusher

Postby Jensaarai » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:29 am

It just sounds hard I guess ;) it's really quite easy.
Jensaarai

Postby Lore » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:31 am

Yeah I read it a little closer and it's pretty much exactly what I do when we're not using leet hunter sploits, cept I never really paid it much mind.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Aergis » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:49 am

Explain the hunter trick more please. They pull, feign death and immediately get up and auto shot? Or something else?

Ah. I get it, the feign death makes the pull go back to their original position, -combat dropping the mana shield the arcane guy puts on?
Aergis
Site Admin

Postby Lore » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:53 am

Yep. Once the pull is completely reset, it takes a couple seconds for the big guy to put his shield back up, so as long as the hunter can get off a shot or two in that time he gets owned.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Strom » Sun May 06, 2007 8:34 pm

Got to this guy for the first time in our guild. I was MT and our prot warrior was the hateful bolt eater. On our first attempt we got him to 70% and then our 2nd try we got him to 65%. Everything seemed to work out well got us except our healers ran out of mana..... Had a resto shaman, tree druid, and a shadow priest in +1300 to heal gear healing.

Any tips? I kept up JoW but they really didnt have a whole lot of chances to regen. We usually have a holy paladin with us. Maybe that would have made to huge difference (shadow priest back to DPS as well).

Not too bad though for our first visit to him. I didnt get crushed either! Yay!
Strom

Postby Gideon » Mon May 07, 2007 1:21 am

I prefer to tank the Curator but if I don't I wear healing gear and help out that way.

During the evos I swap to my conti blade/legacy defender and do what I can to pull the single flare away from the healers. It's not easy but it usually works.
Gideon

Postby Jensaarai » Mon May 07, 2007 1:25 am

What really helps on Curator is if the hateful bolt eater can heal themselves (we do it with an Affliction lock...shadow priest might be able to manage it, too).

It saves the healers a LOT of mana.
Jensaarai

Postby eia » Mon May 07, 2007 8:22 am

I normally eat the HB in stam/heal/AR gear, topping myself up, using JoW+SoV on Curator to keep my mana up and good, and for some really nice JoV:ing during evocations...
Works for us, and lets the healers mind other things.
Having a Shadow Priest in caster-group is excellent for this fight though, we usually have one constantly on boss.
"It takes two to cuddle."
eia

PreviousNext

Return to Karazhan