Paladin tanking in karazhan

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Vanifae » Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:24 pm

LOL I totally thought you meant the worms after Curator, those before just consecrate and pick them up, it's easy.

Let the OT pick up the big guy.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Nebuchadneza » Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:27 pm

Following all the strats as listed here is the way to go for Netherspite. The only additional thing I could add is to make sure that everyone is standing close to the boss during the portal phase so every single person is within healing range. You don't need to be at max range for this fight as ranged DPS or healing since you are going to take damage regardless. If you have not been designated a beam to take at any point (obviously tanks get the red one ;)) then don't break those beams at any time because you may be needed in an emergency if something goes wrong.

Leaving the tank in with a single healer backup works well for the banish phase to keep it under control until the portal phase switches the red beam to a new tank. The red beam can be taken care of by anyone wearing mail and up. (Use two people though if not a tank (Hunter and Shaman for example) The second person taking the red beam needs to stand right on top of you and you move out of it, so Netherspite doesn't move an inch. It will throw out the angle of the other beams if you move the boss a long way.

It's not a gear fight. It's a coordination fight.
Nebuchadneza

Postby eia » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:40 am

It's doable as pala-tank to pick up the big guy in the packs before curator.
Just make sure you do the pull yourself, and that you hit the big guy first with your AS. If you do it correctly, you will hit them before they get their shield up, so they will be at 25% hp and you will have good aggro on them.
The only one that can steal aggro after that is a healer.. if that happens, just taunt him back.
"It takes two to cuddle."
eia

Previous

Return to Karazhan