Prince with 2 healers?

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Prince with 2 healers?

Postby Sayka » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:49 am

It is always said, that prince is undoable with only 2 healers.
We didnt have enough healers a while ago, on our 1st tries. So there were only 2 healers and we wiped (usually near the end of phase 2). Now, everybody in the guild has gotten better gear and last week we killed the prince with 3 healers: 1 priest, 1 pally, 1 druid.
The thing that surprised me, was that none of the healers used any mana potions, innervate wasnt used and all 3 healers had about 30% mana left as the Prince died.

Is it possible with only 2 healers? If yes: how good must they be (gearwise)?

I apoligize, if this question was asked before. When I searched, I could not find anything.
Rwlrwlrwlrwlrwlrwlrwlrwlrwlrwlrwlrwlrwl!
Sayka

Postby Tybalt » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:53 am

I'm sure its possible... its just harder until you get geared up.

We had our holy priest d/c during phase one, leaving only our balance/resto druid and a shadow priest who was healing for the fight. We got Prince down to 1% before the rest of the raid wiped after getting boxed in by infernals (I tried to solo that last 10k damage, lol). The holy priest reconnected during phase 3, but had to be battle rez'd and he died again shortly after.
Tybalt

Postby Jensaarai » Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:59 pm

Yes, it's possible with only two healers if your raid is well geared (all of it: dps, healing, and you, the tank). When I have two healers I stack a lot of dodge to minimize the hits I take, and for this fight it works fairly well; I remember having a shaman when we did this so I believe I had around 29-30% to dodge with grace of air, if not more. My healers were also fairly good at not overhealing (I had a priest/druid). It also helps if your dps is well-geared because the faster they can bring him down the less the healers have to heal ;)
Jensaarai - 85 Prot Paladin (Lost Isles - US)
Endüre - 85 Prot Warrior (Lost Isles - US)
Jensaarai

Postby Kvaern » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:03 pm

Anything is possible with gear.
Kvaern

Postby fuzzygeek » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:55 pm

Someday the challenge not be to solo a fel reaver, but to solo Prince.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Afraithe » Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:28 am

Ive done it with 2 healers, and this was way before I had the gear I have now, not sure on the healers tho, don't think they had anything other than a few kara drops each.

Comes down to skill imo, and a shadow priest :)
Afraithe

Postby TheCapn » Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:17 am

I've done Prince with 2 healers, and actually prefer two healers over three. More DPS = Less infernals = Less shifting.
TheCapn

Postby Sayka » Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:51 am

Is the same thing possible by Illhoof?
2 healers, 1 of them gets chained. Who does the 2nd healer heal? The tank or the chained healer? Maybe its possible to do both, but it never worked by us.
Rwlrwlrwlrwlrwlrwlrwlrwlrwlrwlrwlrwlrwl!
Sayka

Postby adese » Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:24 am

Sayka wrote:Is the same thing possible by Illhoof?
2 healers, 1 of them gets chained. Who does the 2nd healer heal? The tank or the chained healer? Maybe its possible to do both, but it never worked by us.

Illhoof is definitely rough with only two healers. If neither healer is a pally, it might go a bit better since they have access to HoTs, but it still won't be easy.

One time we tried Illhoof with a pally + priest healer (both of which are very good at healing), and we just couldn't do it. Basically, we were banking on the fact that the priest would never get sacrificed. If/when he did, it was pretty much over, since the pally couldn't keep the priest + tank up at the same time.
adese

Postby SmurfZG » Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:00 am

adese wrote:

Illhoof is definitely rough with only two healers. If neither healer is a pally, it might go a bit better since they have access to HoTs, but it still won't be easy.

One time we tried Illhoof with a pally + priest healer (both of which are very good at healing), and we just couldn't do it. Basically, we were banking on the fact that the priest would never get sacrificed. If/when he did, it was pretty much over, since the pally couldn't keep the priest + tank up at the same time.

if both pallies were healers, it would be easy ^_^
SmurfZG

Postby Dreamcrusher » Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:49 am

Did it last night. One of my healers died to an infernal in the first 20 seconds of the fight (brainfarted or something and just stood there... )

It's funny too because I was tanking for a new guild and they were all like "OF**K WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO?!?!"

I said: "Don't worry about it, I've got Ironshield Pots." lol.

My health did dip a bit low (somewhere around 3-4k) once, but other than that it wasn't really a problem at all. When Prince died everyone was shocked that it had been done with only 2 healers 6 dps, we effectively had nine-manned it.

It was a great way for them to see a prot pally in action, as they hadn't raided with one before.
<3
Dreamcrusher

Postby PsiVen » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:18 am

Afraithe wrote:Ive done it with 2 healers, and this was way before I had the gear I have now, not sure on the healers tho, don't think they had anything other than a few kara drops each.

Comes down to skill imo, and a shadow priest :)
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Nikolaos » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:20 am

Did it with a paladin and priest, paladin bubbled out of chains, and I just fell quite low on health when priest was in them :) Though they were our two best healers, all Kara epixed virtually.

I imagine you'd probably need T5 quality gear for Prince though. Be interesting to see.
Nikolaos

Postby elson » Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:39 pm

I've done it with two healers as well.

One of them was an 1800+ heal priest and the other a decently well geared pally. can't remember if we had a shadow priest or not though.

It was pretty darn close though.
Zeal without wisdom is folly

My armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... ll&n=Elson
elson

Postby Nebuchadneza » Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:20 pm

We've cleared Kara with two healers and a Shadowpriest, but I wouldn't recommend doing it without said Shadowpriest.
Nebuchadneza

Next

Return to Karazhan