Remove Advertisements

Another "Am I Kara ready" thread

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Another "Am I Kara ready" thread

Postby Destraal » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:13 pm

Ok, so, like many others, I want to know whether I'm considered Kara ready. I have 11k health unbuffed, 12k armor, 515 def, 103.77% avoidance, and 187 spell damage. Later I will post an armory link, but currently it hasn't updated and I'm still in my really bad ret gear and spec.

So first off, I want to know how far I can go into Kara with those stats. Also, whether I can tank both Midnight and the Huntsman and how many of Moroes' adds I can tank while tanking him? If it helps, the main healer on me is rather well geared, 1.8k bonus healing, and she actually healed me as shadow through heroic mech very successfully, naturally she's even better as holy.

And lastly, does anyone have any advice for a tankadin first heading into Kara? I've tanked 5-mans and heroics, but I would imagine that raiding is a completely different experience.

All help would be greatly appreciated.
Destraal

Postby SmurfZG » Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:57 am

You can probably go pretty far in with those stats, especially with good healers. As for tanking both attumen and midnight... I'm not sure, didn't attempt it before manastarvation started to kick in on those bosses.
SmurfZG

Postby Diocaska » Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:36 am

You can tank both Attumen and Midnight with them stats, if your healers have a clue. I personally used rank 2/3 concecration to pick up Attumen when he spawned, but with both you could easily spam rank 4 like I usually do.

Without the warrior (who was suppose to offtanking), forgetting to disarm, I took both, from start to finish, with worse stats than that. (12.1k armor, 10.9k Health unbuffed).

As for further, I cant help you out there I'm afraid, but I believe you could make it to Curiator with little problems. (Read up on all bosses, and if you've got a good prot tank in the guild, let them tank Maiden, unless you want to give the button mashing an attempt.

I can't check your armory at work, but you could start dropping def. rating for stam, as you only really need 490 def. rating to push off crits. So that extra stam will help you out.

I'd also like to advise you read up on all the boss strats on this forum. The information here is a diamond.

Good luck, and hope that helps.
Aurellia(90) Ulshala(85) Diocaska(85) Leighesha(85)
Diocaska

Postby Vanifae » Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:40 am

Your first time there take it slow don't dive into tanking everything at once, get a feel for the bosses once you get the cobwebs out, then go nuts.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Belarkan » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:04 am

I didn't find Karazhan much harder than a couple of heroics.
There are few encounters where tanking skills are needed.
With your stat, your should be able to go up to the Prince. But it'll also depends on your DPS/heal too.
Belarkan

Return to Karazhan