Tanking prince?

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Tanking prince?

Postby Meeshell » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:43 am

Is my tanking gear good enough for tanking Prince. I haven't tanked him yet since my group doesn't "think" I can tank him. Instead we have some warrior that is barely above 490 defense. Anyways, here's the link to my armory. Should I get more stam, dodge, and block? And is my defense a little too high?

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/chara ... n=Meeshell
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:38 am

Postby jere » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:29 am

Personally I think you are not ready gear-wise for him. That's not to say it is impossible for you to do him, but I think you would put way too much strain on you healers.

Your dodge, HP's, and Armor are too low. You really need to run Kara some more and try to get some of the epic tanking pieces in there. Once you get some of those, you will probably want to look over your gem decisions again. Get some more +12 stam gems in there.

Things you should specifically look for considering your gear:

Wrynn Dynasty Greaves
Belt of the Indomitable
Barbed Choker of Discipline
Guantlets of the Iron Maiden
Boots of Elusion
Panzar'Thar Breastplate

I am not saying you need all of these, but some of them would get you going in the right direction.
User avatar
Posts: 2996
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 5:12 pm

Postby ulushnar » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:43 am

I calculate you're running with a combined block/parry/dodge/chance to be missed of 62%. Combined with the 30% you get from Holy Shield that's a total of 92%. You need to get this up to 102.4% to be immune to crushing blows before you try and tank a heavy-hitter like the Prince.

Look here for a list of items for each slot, rated by the amount of crushing blow avoidance they give you. For starters, i'd reccomend scraping together fifteen Heroic Badges for the Libram of Repentance. That'll give you another 5.3% Crushing Blow Avoidance right off the bat.

You might want to sacrifice some of your defense rating for other things:

15 Defense Rating (6.25 Defense Skill) gives +0.25% to Block, Parry, Dodge, Chance to be Missed.
19 Dodge Rating gives 1% Dodge
22.4 Parry Rating gives 1% Parry
8 Block Rating gives 1% Block chance
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
User avatar
Posts: 5442
Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 6:56 am
Location: Bollocks, Scotland

Postby ari » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:51 pm

maybe its your farming gear thats on armory atm... if not:

get a better tanking trinket (colossus)
cenarion neckpiece (you arent far off - go buy some rep if you cant run SV)
change all your enchants and gems.
wear andormu's ring
get the heroic libram

at your gear lvl i would look at possible scaling back your defense to 480-485 and flask up for prince. (+50sta, +10def)

but as its been said the most important thing is get 102% avoidance; dont bother with prince till you get it; phase 2 will.. well... crush you :D

Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:40 pm

Return to Karazhan

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest