Prince neck and Chest enchant choices....

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Prince neck and Chest enchant choices....

Postby Hierax » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:46 am

Ok so I successfully tanked Prince for the first time last week. Yay - except that I ran into the parry gib first try.

Looking for round 2 this weekend I have a question, which might fall under gear or advance training but here goes anyway.

This is the gear I logged off in :
http://kaelthas-us.warcrafter.net/morthog

I can get uncrush simply by swapping to maiden's gloves +kings+markWild + elixir of mastery.

Would you recommend wearing the Shattered Sun Pendant of Resolve...or the Strength of the Untamed. Boiling it down , we're talking :
21 STA, 13 Hit, 18 Expertise and Aldor Dodge proc
vs
18 Dodge , 19 defense

I would only be able to make this choice if I re-chant my chest with +15 defense....which I think I'm going to do anyway - given the upcoming patch. I think 15 defense beats 150 health at my gear level....yes ?

Yes - the untamed gives a fixed amount of dodge but I'm wondering if the expertise might save me the dreaded parry ...

I also have a King's Defender now which I may swap in for phase II - or yes, just shut off auto attack (don't yell at me) during phase II.

thoughts ?
Hierax

Re: Prince neck and Chest enchant choices....

Postby spelltank » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:23 am

Hierax wrote:Would you recommend wearing the Shattered Sun Pendant of Resolve...or the Strength of the Untamed. Boiling it down , we're talking :
21 STA, 13 Hit, 18 Expertise and Aldor Dodge proc
vs
18 Dodge , 19 defense

I would only be able to make this choice if I re-chant my chest with +15 defense....which I think I'm going to do anyway - given the upcoming patch. I think 15 defense beats 150 health at my gear level....yes ?

Yes - the untamed gives a fixed amount of dodge but I'm wondering if the expertise might save me the dreaded parry ...

The "parry gib" is very rare, more often it'll just be thrash which will hurt you more than the odd parry.

Definately use +15 def enchant - its about double the iLV compared to the health enchant, and is always worth using to get uncrushable. Also, i'd prefer the untamed, since it makes it much easier to reach uncrushable and stack a bit of stamina from consumables, the SSO neck isnt too useful until you can use it and retain uncrush easily.
As for the KD in phase II - use it if your threat is that much higher than your dps that you have no issues with pushing around half your normal threat until phase two ends. If you dps is remotely near you tho, its best just to keep up full threat, since the longer you let phase II last, the higher chance of you getting killed, or bad infernals making life difficult
IF you're still having problems staying alive, try chugging ironshield pots during phase two, they are insane - 2k armor is better than most class cooldowns
spelltank

Return to Karazhan