Almost got prince down.

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Almost got prince down.

Postby Robob » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:04 am

Hey guys I was wondering what I can do to try to survive this fight, We got him to 32% last night and due to some bad luck on infernal placement and my borderline OK gear we wiped cuz i got hit for 8k hp in less than a second. I was thinking I should switch out some Def gems for stam ones but I might lose uncrushable from doing so. What are the experts opionion? thanks for any help. armory link in sig.
Robob - Area 52
Robob
Maintankadonor

Re: Almost got prince down.

Postby honorshammer » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:22 am

Robob wrote:Hey guys I was wondering what I can do to try to survive this fight, We got him to 32% last night and due to some bad luck on infernal placement and my borderline OK gear we wiped cuz i got hit for 8k hp in less than a second. I was thinking I should switch out some Def gems for stam ones but I might lose uncrushable from doing so. What are the experts opionion? thanks for any help. armory link in sig.

Kara has been very unkind to you in drops. Keep busting out your SSO rep for the Shield.

You simply need more HP right now. Make sure you have a Flask of Fort, 30 Stamina food, a Druid for Mark, a Priest for Fort. A warrior for Commanding Shout would help as would a Warlock for Blood Pact.
honorshammer

Postby Robob » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:13 pm

Would I be safe in taking out some of my def gems for stam ones? I was also told that during phase 2 i should stop auto attacking him so that I dont get parried by him but this doesnt seem like a good idea to me if i cant judge/seal without auto attack poppin off. I am also going to start farming honor for the S2 mace, I have 40 something badges but I have been advised to not spend any until we see how the re-itemization goes with the new patch. What do you guys think is the best course of action?
Robob - Area 52
Robob
Maintankadonor

Postby honorshammer » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:07 pm

Robob wrote:Would I be safe in taking out some of my def gems for stam ones? I was also told that during phase 2 i should stop auto attacking him so that I dont get parried by him but this doesnt seem like a good idea to me if i cant judge/seal without auto attack poppin off. I am also going to start farming honor for the S2 mace, I have 40 something badges but I have been advised to not spend any until we see how the re-itemization goes with the new patch. What do you guys think is the best course of action?

Not attacking is advice for a Warrior since they have many more moves than can trigger a Parry hasted attack by Prince.

How many Badges do you have?
honorshammer

Postby Spectrum » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:34 pm

The prince fight was the first fight that made Effective Health theory really click for me. I think it's explained in some of the stickies.

The thing about prince is that in phase two he does some crazy burst damage with his Thrash. To get through that phase you have to be able to take those hits and assume no dodges/parries/misses. That means you need a ton of health and armor so you absorb those hits and your healers will have time to get you back up to full before one happens again.

For prince you want to be uncrushable because crushing blows only increase the spike damage, and after that you will likely want to stack health and armor as much as possible to be able to survive the thrash's.

Good luck. Keep at it.
Spectrum
Maintankadonor

Postby Moby » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:37 pm

Honorshammer wrote:Not attacking is advice for a Warrior since they have many more moves than can trigger a Parry hasted attack by Prince.

That's paladin advice. In fact, I think I've read it on multiple occassions here on this site. The idea is that a paladin can use holy shield, consecrate, and exorcism to hold aggro - without having to melee the boss. I did it once, but it was boring and I was over-geared anyway so it didn't make a difference. I'm not so sure how effective the tactic is in the first place.
Moby

Postby Shoju » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:00 pm

Ok, like someone said, gearing is a big deal, and there are couple of things that you can do to get around that.

1.) do not gem for spell damage.
2.) lock yourself in steamvaults until you get the devilshark cape, or buy slikk's for badges.
3.) GRIND YOUR SSO REP. Really, this is the FIRST rep that you can grind at 70, and hit exalted SO FAST. The sunward crest is BETTER for you than Nightbane's Shield in EVERY WAY.
4.) get exalted with Aldor. The better shoulder enchant is really worth it, as is the chest piece at revered.

I have never stopped attacking on Prince (I have tanked him a couple of times now). Holy Shield is Priority number 1. don't do something that will trigger the GCD if it means that you go ANY time without holy shield up. Wait, refresh HS and then do what you need to do.
Shoju

Postby wawel » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:28 pm

I would not tank Prince with 12k hp buffed ( with BoK ).

Do not put sd gems. Put defense gems in place of sd and use stamina trinket. Also gemming for agility+str is not best choice for you. Some good geared guys does it as epic agi gives more stamina per gem than dodge, but if you put blue gems you miss the point. Put dodge ones.

here is your link
http://area52-us.warcrafter.net/Ventris

if you do fix your gems and get few easy drops/rep shiled:

http://www.warcrafter.net/sandbox/112348

( you are also HS+BoK uncrush so you can use stam or sd food/potions )

from Arca:
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=28407
from Bota:
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=32072
from SH:
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=32073
wawel

Postby Robob » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:56 pm

Right now i have 40 or so badges saved up, i was thinking i would save them for after the patch though to see how the re-itemization works out.
I switched a few gems around so now I am uncrush even without BoK on, and i will be swapping the SD gem out for another stam one for now. Since my first post i have gotten the bracers off huntsman (but i like the stam from green fort bracers more) and my T4 Gloves off curator.
I just got revered with SSO last night so soon i should be able to get my crest, I also have my 20 EoTS marks and started grinding honor for the S2 Mace for the extra SD. So I suppose i just have to wait for the drops now in kara? and of course the fun of doing AVs as prot and seeing how many allies it takes to kill me.
Robob - Area 52
Robob
Maintankadonor

Postby honorshammer » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:41 pm

Moby wrote:
Honorshammer wrote:Not attacking is advice for a Warrior since they have many more moves than can trigger a Parry hasted attack by Prince.

That's paladin advice. In fact, I think I've read it on multiple occassions here on this site. The idea is that a paladin can use holy shield, consecrate, and exorcism to hold aggro - without having to melee the boss. I did it once, but it was boring and I was over-geared anyway so it didn't make a difference. I'm not so sure how effective the tactic is in the first place.

I'm saying a Paladin can keep right on swinging more safely than a Warrior because only our auto attack can trigger a parry. It's the same thing I do on Azgalor. Warrior stops attacking during silence, I dont.
honorshammer

Postby Robob » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:32 am

Last night I did a random mags pug not expecting much but i got my T4 Chest! thanks to that sucker I was able to swap out all my gems for stam ones for now and im still uncrushable!
Edit: Which 100 badge item should I save up for next? I was told the legs are prob the best bet.
Last edited by Robob on Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Robob - Area 52
Robob
Maintankadonor

Postby kysu » Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:16 am

The pallie one's of course.
kysu

Postby uke » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:58 am

Robob wrote:Last night I did a random mags pug not expecting much but i got my T4 Chest! thanks to that sucker I was able to swap out all my gems for stam ones for now and im still uncrushable!
Edit: Which 100 badge item should I save up for next? I was told the legs are prob the best bet.

Incribed Legplates of the Aldor

Better than anything you can get short of well into T6.
uke

Postby Robob » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:42 am

Yeah I will be saving the 40 more badges to get the 100 badge legs. As I feel I am still short on HP unbuffed (12k). Im also going to try for the darkmoon veng card. Any other good stam stuff i can look for?
Robob - Area 52
Robob
Maintankadonor

Postby Jobalq » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:01 pm

Robob wrote:Yeah I will be saving the 40 more badges to get the 100 badge legs. As I feel I am still short on HP unbuffed (12k). Im also going to try for the darkmoon veng card. Any other good stam stuff i can look for?

If you are an Engineer:
Goblin rocket Launcher www.wowhead.com/?item=23836
"Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword". - Joanadark.
Jobalq

Next

Return to Karazhan