Almost got prince down.

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Robob » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:21 am

This character is not an engineer un-fortunatly, i was thinking of switching from elixir master for the RL and the tanktronic goggles but i couldnt bear the thought of having to grind mining out as well.
Last night my GL gave me one shot at trying to tank prince b4 we downed him, the fight went well until phase 2 when i was parried twice then hit for 8-10k in a sec and droped like a rock... So my thought is to stop autoattacking during phase 2 as I had plenty of threat. My only worry is that I will disengage prince and wipe us. Any thoughts on what to do here? My T4 helm dropped when we downed him so my gear has changed again. Thanks for all your input/help guys.
Robob - Area 52 / Aerie Peak
Robob
Maintankadonor

Postby Bk992004 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:43 am

Disregard, didn't factor in the libram.
Bk992004

Postby Ghort » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:19 pm

Honorshammer wrote:
Moby wrote:
Honorshammer wrote:Not attacking is advice for a Warrior since they have many more moves than can trigger a Parry hasted attack by Prince.

That's paladin advice. In fact, I think I've read it on multiple occassions here on this site. The idea is that a paladin can use holy shield, consecrate, and exorcism to hold aggro - without having to melee the boss. I did it once, but it was boring and I was over-geared anyway so it didn't make a difference. I'm not so sure how effective the tactic is in the first place.

I'm saying a Paladin can keep right on swinging more safely than a Warrior because only our auto attack can trigger a parry. It's the same thing I do on Azgalor. Warrior stops attacking during silence, I dont.

Its according to your gear. I run 14k hp unbuffed in my boss tanking set, and I personally stop attacking in phase 2. Unless you dont have reckoning specced, him hitting you like a madman will proc that damn thing constantly, and that throws yet another attack into the mix... add in we generally attack faster than warriors due to our weaponry, and we swing just as much if not more. And the Esc button or another damn button on one of your toolbars is your friend for that one. if you have space, definately put auto attack as one, but since I have a retarded amount of stuff taking up mine, i generally have my camera spun around so i can click off to the side, and stop auto attack - just make sure one click does it, if you time it wrong, your auto attack will keep going... and make sure your melee DPS doesnt go retarded on you and parry gimp you :evil:
80 Paladin (Prot) - Azual
80 Warrior (Prot/Arms) - Madarab
80 Mage (Arcane/Frost pvp) Arlensul
80 DK (Blood Tank) Deadkitten
80 Priest (holy/disc) - Ghort
5/12 ICC 10

Runetotem Server, Fifth Column
Ghort

Postby Kelaan » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:51 pm

't' is the default key for toggling autoattack. If you haven't remapped it, this can save you a hotbar slot.
Kelaan

Postby Pizbit » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:54 pm

Kelaan wrote:'t' is the default key for toggling autoattack. If you haven't remapped it, this can save you a hotbar slot.

Interesting.

I just targeted myself or someone else. >.>

Mebbe not mentioned, brewfest is up, grab a bear mug(45 stam) if you're still after a stamn trinket.

Bonus effect is you can 'use' it and start drinking bear while everyone else pewpews...
Honestly I found 40-30% the roughest tanking wise on prince when I first started. Agi elixirs, food etc are your friend.
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby Ghort » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:38 pm

ah ha, forgot about that handy T button
80 Paladin (Prot) - Azual
80 Warrior (Prot/Arms) - Madarab
80 Mage (Arcane/Frost pvp) Arlensul
80 DK (Blood Tank) Deadkitten
80 Priest (holy/disc) - Ghort
5/12 ICC 10

Runetotem Server, Fifth Column
Ghort

Postby Poneress » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:00 pm

My first time tanking Prince, I had 15.8k HP 16.8KAR Uncritable and 90% uncrushable (with HS active Uncrushable with Redoubt). I had zero issues and was able to down him the first time. since then I have upgraded my gear significantly.

My word of advice. Make sure your uncrit/16Khp ish. And save your trinkets (if you have any mitigation trinkets) for phase 2. Also warn your healers to start spamming and over healing you on Phase 2. I have yet to die on prince but has seen to many times our tank die due to just being unfortunetly crushed 2-4 times during phase 2. Phase 1 and 3 are cake work. But 2 is where the tank and healers love for each other plays factor. I really see no reason why you couldn't tank him for the entire time just a matter of good teamwork.

That and follow the advise of everyone else. Btw, run the BRD Brewfest things. You can get 2 trinkets in there that will greatly benefit you. The 45 stam one (either one really) AND the block one. They both match the 41 badge trinket so you basically getting 82 badges for free esentially (SP?) Good luck to you tho!
Poneress

Previous

Return to Karazhan