Need tips for timed run.

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Need tips for timed run.

Postby enix » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:52 pm

Need some tips for a 3-4 hour full clear of kara.

Right now my guild is doing kara with
1-2 mt/ot (pally (me)/ warr)
2 healers (shaman then priest/druid/paladin)
6-7 dps (random combo)

Any advice will be appreciated.
enix

Postby Karador » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:04 am

How good is your gear?

Reason i ask is for a long time i have been solo tanking Kara runs ( long before i was in this gear ) and that allows for another DPS to come in to speed things up.

Also make sure people have the time to invest in the run. Random AFK's can slow you down a ton.

Set up taking a 10 minute break after opera or something and go from there.
Karador

Postby enix » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:55 pm

Karador wrote:How good is your gear?

Reason i ask is for a long time i have been solo tanking Kara runs ( long before i was in this gear ) and that allows for another DPS to come in to speed things up.

Also make sure people have the time to invest in the run. Random AFK's can slow you down a ton.

Set up taking a 10 minute break after opera or something and go from there.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... non&n=Enix
enix

Postby spelltank » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:40 am

Your gear's pretty good, if everyone's geared around your level 2.5-3hr clears should be fine, provided you dont have many afks and stuff.

There arent many tricks to kara, not many groups you can skip or anything like that. Mainly, the biggest things slowing you down will be afks and downtime between pulls. Try to get a shadowpriest if you can, and keep it in your group for trash, if a dps in the other group needs to drink, they can always drink while you're pulling, just try to chain pull as much as you can. Also, gear for threat, and try to maintain a decent balance of gear so that you dont go oom too much but don't strain your healers much.
Try to get your warrior to spec for dps, you only really need an offtank for moroes and NS, and a dps warrior will work fine for that. You could also run without an offtank, but i find that running with one works fine, and for the other bosses, a dps warrior is as good dps as any other, so it works fine.
Also, try to make looting efficient, ML with rolls for mainspec and offspec work fine, as does group loot, with people needing mainspec upgrades and greeding offs, and the rest being d/ed
spelltank

Postby Lousiana » Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:35 am

Reducing your downtime is the more important than gear.

No downtime on trash:

Have raid - assistance set to those members who know the pulls. Best suited for this is a second tank So when you are on the last two mobs of your pull one of them moves on to mark next pull. As soon as your pull is finished off you can pull new marked pull or even better your OT has raid assist and can mark and already pull on trash.

DPS can drink 'between' pulls. 1 or 2 DPS down is not as slow as everyone has a break after each pull.
Healers should rotate on trash so only one has to drink after a pull while the other is topped up. Swapping MT healer with raidhealer will do that job.

No downtime on bosses:

I guess you will run this on master loot. As soon as loot is published in raid chat all those members who don't need/can't use loot can move on for the next trash pull as long as a tank is available. There is no reason to wait until loot is distributed if you don't need it. You still can say 'grats' later.

Wipe & run:

If you suffer still from random but minor chances that at some stage of Karazhan you will wipe there is one rule we used in any of our raids:

"When you are dead, release and start running"

There is no need to keep at your corpse watching your mates die. If they get away with the pull or can run away to evade-reset pulls/bosses. There is always the chance that a warlock is in the group so even when you already zoned in again you are able to be summoned which is much faster than being rezzed from some strange places.
Rezzers ress other rezzers first

IF you have never done chain pulling before, tell them that you will do so. That AFKing even for 10 seconds is not an option. If they ignore you just wipe them. You'll have their attention immediately.
Lousiana

Return to Karazhan