Remove Advertisements

Wyrms

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Wyrms

Postby Dendrah » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:09 am

Hey guys!!

I did my first full Kara run yesterday. I was OT'ing everything but Illhoof.

I ran into trouble on the Wyrms. The mana Wyrms did drain my pool in a matter of seconds while the other wyrms seems to be basicly immune to my spells. How do you guys handle those?

What do you guys do during the Aran encounter? Heal? DPS? Tank the elementals?

For the rest I had the normal problems as staying second on Moroes and on Curator. I think I'll grab a mean big 1hand weapon and slap them around with SoB.

my armory:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... od&n=Denby
Dendrah

Postby Mishakal » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:35 am

The ones that drain you get a non-mana tank to deal with them or cleanse the mana drain asap, LOS, get conc down...

The spell immune ones, everyone stacks and melee's, there is no real tanking those ones...

Moroes its better if you can MT him and allow the other tank to chase, if its another paladin I am guessing gear must be better or you would be MT.

We use a lock for second on curator most of the time ... however you can chainpot and get wisdom on the boss and have a hunter MD.

As for other fights where you find yourself not tanking, what you do will depend on your offsets and group ...

I have an epic set for Tank, Heals and Ret, if I aint MTing I think about what will be needed most and on goes the gear.
Mishakal

Re: Wyrms

Postby ldeboer » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:06 am

Dendrah wrote:I ran into trouble on the Wyrms. The mana Wyrms did drain my pool in a matter of seconds while the other wyrms seems to be basicly immune to my spells. How do you guys handle those?

I used to have trouble with these because they would take ages to kill until it was pointed out to me that you need to kill the little worms first they are actually draining mana to put the mana shield around the big one (the reason it seems immune). Once we got the dps to concentrate on killing the little mana suckers fast the whole thing was alot easier and I usually had mana left.

Dendrah wrote:What do you guys do during the Aran encounter? Heal? DPS? Tank the elementals?

Cover heal the clothies particually mages. Will BOP a mage when the elementals appear and tank the elementals that aren't feared or banished.
Mages are so squishy but output huge dps keeping them alive adds more dps to teh grp than anything I can do.

Dendrah wrote:For the rest I had the normal problems as staying second on Moroes and on Curator. I think I'll grab a mean big 1hand weapon and slap them around with SoB.

Moroes the best way to keep mana is to leave one of the male adds alive beating on you so you have damage for healer to heal.

Curator when you gear is better you will tank it. If you have locks with greater than 10K HP they usually stay on curator as number 2 and take the strike because they suck at dps'ing the flares anyhow and the MT will put on dps gear and dps flares.
ldeboer

Postby Tyaera » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:00 am

ldeboer wrote:

I used to have trouble with these because they would take ages to kill until it was pointed out to me that you need to kill the little worms first they are actually draining mana to put the mana shield around the big one (the reason it seems immune). Once we got the dps to concentrate on killing the little mana suckers fast the whole thing was alot easier and I usually had mana left.

This is blatantly wrong. The mana shield must be burned through just like a mage's mana shield, by doing damage to the mob. You will note it does not say "Immune", but "Absorb".

Usually, a quick Avenger's Shield to start the pull gives enough threat to keep the mana-shielded mob off the healer until it dies. Since the DPSers aren't actually doing direct damage to the mob, they generate no threat on it, but the healers will. Remember when it teleports it drops aggro so be prepared to taunt off a healer.

With the mana draining mobs, drop a max rank Consecrate straightaway. If you have the mana to, drop a second. After that you'll probably be oom, luckily they don't hit that hard, unlike the mana-shielded mob who packs a punch.

Dendrah wrote:What do you guys do during the Aran encounter? Heal? DPS? Tank the elementals?

I like to tell the healers that are with us "don't worry about your own HP, I'll cover you, you get the others"

Dendrah wrote:For the rest I had the normal problems as staying second on Moroes and on Curator. I think I'll grab a mean big 1hand weapon and slap them around with SoB.

Just have the Retribution paladin or Prot warrior add (or both) beating on you. They don't hurt that much, but the Ret paladin stuns, so your incoming damage should be moderately high. Only do this if your healers can manage it. Otherwise just accept that you aren't going to be able to keep second threat. Don't ask a warrior to do it either, he won't be able to. Druids are the only tanks that can generate high threat in a rage starvation situation.The best thing to do is to main tank it, and ask a DPS warrior or hunter to DPS without Salv. They will have no problem staying beneath you, and being in plate and mail respectively, can take a hit or two if the healers are expecting it.
better to tank in hell than DPS in heaven
Tyaera

Postby ldeboer » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:26 pm

Tyaera wrote:
ldeboer wrote:

This is blatantly wrong. The mana shield must be burned through just like a mage's mana shield, by doing damage to the mob. You will note it does not say "Immune", but "Absorb".

I agree it does indeed absorb ... but try getting the dps to focus on mana siphoners and notice diff in speed of death. They are feeding the mana shield around the big guy. As you do I basically try to tank the big guy wait for the jump to healer but I get dps to focus on the siphoners means not as much shield to have to as you put it "burn through".
ldeboer

Return to Karazhan