Remove Advertisements

Stepped up to the plate

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Stepped up to the plate

Postby Fapman » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:01 am

I usually offtank kara on thursdays, but due to an exam for the MT there was only one tank available. After succesfully tanking a few bosses before and a bit of heroic experience, I decided to show them what we do best: tank everything and anything.

The run went pretty smoothly, we even did a full clear (almost never get a lock with us for illhoof). Only ninjapulled a patrol in maiden's hallway (for a total of 6 terrible mobs, the pulls with the succubi) and 3 fleshbeast on the way to prince.

Tanked nightbane for the first time and also maiden. I feared maiden because of the silence, but i got a comfortable lead in aggro pretty fast. I hate the button smashing bit though, it did go better once i checked omen and saw 10-20% lead.

Also on trash our lock did pull aggro a couple of times, but hey, i'm not perfect and basically locks are ment to die a lot :P.

Also got a few tank gear upgrades: maiden gloves, boots of elusion and shermanar ring. And a couple of healing upgrades legs libram shoulders.
Even won the roll for the holy damage cloak against a spriest.

Needless to say i'm a happy blood elf. Strengthened my own confidence, as wel as the guilds confidence in me/pally tanking.

So thank you all for this forum and loads of tactics and advice.
Fapman

Postby Andurin » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:02 am

Good job! /cheer
I should try it aswell... only our guilds main tank warrior (complete T4 and stuff) wants badges so he claims the spot for main tank :cry: He loves me tanking moroes tho 8) Non in the guild knew how to do it before... Untill I showed them the light of my Consecration :twisted:

Good job ^^ Keep the tonking up :D
Andurin

Postby Kelaan » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:42 am

Also, you can do Illhoof without a warlock. It's harder, and you need some DPS (either an AOEing mage/druid, or a dedicated single-target DPS-er) thinning the herd, but you can pretty easily keep aggro on nearly all (if not all) of them all with consecrate. Fire aura might help here, as does killing Kil'rek sooner (so you don't get debuffed). Don't write it off just because you don't have a warlock, rather look at ways your group CAN do it.
Kelaan

Postby Ashmadai » Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:09 pm

Doing Illhood without Seed of Corruption is the only way I do it now, even if there is a warlock. Just get all the imps in your consecration and be glda you won't run out of mana for the fight!
Ashmadai

Return to Karazhan