Moroesed rhymes with hosed.

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Moroesed rhymes with hosed.

Postby Losbullitt » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:09 am

So I unofficially took over tanking duties during an engagement with Moroes. I've cleared him once before as an OT, largely in part of high dps and the MT knew what he was doing. So remembering those sacred strategies, when we confronted Moroes about the stolen cookies, he went apeshit.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... Losbullitt

My hp is 12407 unbuffed.
mp is 4800.

I think I've wiped 6 times total between two raid groups. It was bad.

One question is, am I ready for main tanking duties? The guild I'm in has MTs but they're on periodically and not on enough to really matter.

Second question: what kind of CC am I looking for? The first group had two hunters that ice-trapped while dps swung away at the healers. Then I had an ice trap/shackle team for the second raid. Would it be wiser to just get three hunters and just ice trap em while taking them (sub bosses) down one by one?

Question 3: If Moroes is this hard, everything else is much worse, right?

Fourth question: Since Kara is seemingly a bust for me, what should I do about gear? I'm deathly afraid of heroic instances.
Losbullitt

Postby Fapman » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:44 am

As far as i can tell your hp is ok, but you need way more avoidance (atm you have 19% unavoided incoming damage, of which 15% crushing).

I suggest you read some of the uncrushable gear stickies.

Out of the top of my head: get CE revered neck, andormu's tear, bracers of the green fortress, the shatari vindicator belt and it should be a big step forward towards moroes tanking.

Also, not that resillience - while helping you get crit immune - is not avoidance.
Pure spelldamage items have no place in raidtanking gear, unless when you outgear the instance.

Get 40 spelldamage enchant on you weapon, 150hp on your chest (it gives you more than the 10 sta)
Fapman

Postby Seloei » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:12 am

Didn't bother crunching the numbers, but based on the gear you have you are crushable and you have non-tanking pieces which are hindering that.

Read up on uncrushability and how to reach it in the gear forums, theres plenty of lists/guides there how to reach it.

150 health on chest is an EH enchant, you would use once you are way beyond uncrushable (read SWP/BT). 15 defense rating instead. Get 12 defense rating on cloak also.

Swap those non-tanking pieces (resilience, no tanking stats) to heroics/normal drops atleast. Get the 15 badge libram for raids etc.

Theres lots of things to change to be ready to maintank a raidboss.
Seloei

Re: Moroesed rhymes with hosed.

Postby solina » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:41 am

Losbullitt wrote:Question 3: If Moroes is this hard, everything else is much worse, right?

Others are covering the gear questions, so I won't.

But, I will say this: Moroes is the most difficult encounter in Kara for the expected gear level. It gets easy when you are sufficiently geared to AoE tank it.
solina

Postby ulushnar » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:53 am

Yep, Moroes and Maiden were hell on our tanks when they were at the bare minimum gear level for the encounter. It gets ok after that, most of the other bosses hit on that level, except Nightbane, Prince and maybe Netherspite (we cleared NS after we'd taken down the Prince and were much better geared by that point.)
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Return to Karazhan