ManaShield guys before Curator

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

ManaShield guys before Curator

Postby BubbaBill » Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:13 am

These guys with the mana shield before curator that come with the Manadrain worms. They seem to take real damage from the initial hit with my Shield. They have really low health. The shield seems to take about 70% down on a good hit. Has anyone tried having a mage pull them with pyroblast or similar BIG opening move that might be able to 1 shot them?
BubbaBill

Postby Worldie » Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:28 am

They always remain with 1 HP.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby BubbaBill » Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:33 am

Worldie wrote:They always remain with 1 HP.

Damn kinda figured there was a problem with this plan just wasn't sure what it was. The most I've ever been able to drop them to on the pull was about 10%. Good to know before going in and suggesting it to our mage.
BubbaBill

Postby Holyfuri » Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:13 am

Initially when kara came out mages could one shot those guys, so they fixed it so that they always remain at 1hp. I've crit my avenger's shield before and put them at 1% too as well, lol.
Holyfuri

Postby Amirya » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:01 pm

They don't die until all of their mana is expended. You could try having a spriest mana burn or a lock drain mana, see how that goes.

I don't bother with that 'cause my spriest just mindflays him and the locks like to SoC.

I got good healers :D

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Andurin » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:53 pm

Everyone comes with that question some day, so I tried it on my priest aswell... Critted my shadow word death with my priest and died when they started to hit me... but it was worth trying :P and indeed 1% left >.<
Andurin

Postby lawlmk » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:24 am

i was reading short-cutting in karazhan on elitistjerks and i came across this(this might of been patched or hotfixed the thread is pretty old i was reading.)

I don't know if this is considered an exploit or clever use of game mechanics, but at the trash before curator, you can pull the arcanemobs without the manashield. If a hunter pulls, then feigns, then pulls again, the mobs will have cooldown on their manashield and die in 3 hits. This certainly speeds up the clearing time for those packs(not that they are the worst though).

next time i am in kara it would definatly be worth it to try that out making the trash before curator take 2 minutes instead of 10
Last edited by lawlmk on Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
lawlmk

Postby samoa » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:39 am

Has anyone tried this yet?
Quote:
I don't know if this is considered an exploit or clever use of game mechanics, but at the trash before curator, you can pull the arcanemobs without the manashield. If a hunter pulls, then feigns, then pulls again, the mobs will have cooldown on their manashield and die in 3 hits. This certainly speeds up the clearing time for those packs(not that they are the worst though).

samoa

Postby Arcand » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:32 am

samoa wrote:Has anyone tried this yet?
Quote:

It used to work, but the timing is nontrivial for the hunter. Even though my guild at the time was losing 0-3 people on each pull, they decided this trick wasn't worth using.
Arcand

Postby samoa » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:42 am

Well i don't get it , If he loses mana shield wouldn't agro be alot more better to keep on him and the worms or killing him faster since he won't have mana shield up? Well only one way to find out i'm try it tonite and see if it really works happy hunting.
samoa

Postby Mordinm » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:35 pm

samoa wrote:Well i don't get it , If he loses mana shield wouldn't agro be alot more better to keep on him and the worms or killing him faster since he won't have mana shield up? Well only one way to find out i'm try it tonite and see if it really works happy hunting.

If he loses the mana shield agro is not an issue because he is as good as dead. A pre-kara hunter can take him down in one aimed auto instant cycle which is why they fixed it so you can't take him lower then 1 life till his mana shield goes up.
Mordinm

Return to Karazhan