Remove Advertisements

Use Kara to Challenge Yourself: Fun Last Night

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Use Kara to Challenge Yourself: Fun Last Night

Postby towelliee » Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:58 am

Well last night was our weekly Kara night and my favorite night of the week. I say this because going back to my Ally warrior I have spent 68 nights in Kara. And no Moroes Pocket Watch. And yeah don't worry I didn't get it last night either.

So finally we are setting up our Kara groups we were running 3 last night. Group 1 left at 7:10 ST. Our group was set up and we left at 7:30. Now what made the night interesting is in first group my Pally class leader was chosen over me (he's Tankadin). I dunno our guild has some whack theory that GRP 1 is always the ub3r leet group which it isn't but people think that way. Now we had our guilds main warrior tank as Main and me as OT.

Lemme tell you I said F IT this run. I wanted to beat the other group and challenge myself at the same time. I think I have built my gear enough to be able to pull massive mobs. Which is what I did. All way up to Attunesmen I pulled all mobs in groups, warrior was able to get her target but I took care of the rest. The ghostly essences on way to Aran and Chest I took on my own. During the Illhoof fight the Locks and Mages didn't have to worry much about the imps as I kep them and Kilrek on me. I actually started to get the feeling of what a Pally tank is REALLY capable of.

So in the end We finished in 3hours and 42minutes. GRP 1 finished about 30 minutes later but they didn't down Netherspite. Last group finished like an hour and half later.

So I guess now I know with my gear I am capable of making Kara run a lot smoother and faster for the group I am in.

Also Shade of Aran what I love to do best in that fight is POP BL at first Flame Wreath, we had 2 warriors I had them pop Reck and he went from 86% to 50% in like 15 seconds it was quite the site to see. When we downed him his Mana was still at about 45%
towelliee

Postby Dendrah » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:14 am

Well congratulations :)

Good to hear you enjoyed yourself and that you will become a new advocate for the tankadin community.
Dendrah

Postby Holyfuri » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:35 am

Congratulations!

I must say that learning to clear karazhan with speed has been very fun for me, and I still learn little tricks all the time. It makes it more fun for everyone.

For kara I must say holy wrath is my favorite pulling tool. You can commonly pull 2-3 groups at once with massive threat if you position yourself correctly.

Something you might be able to do as well is set little competitions. We have a guild kara clear record that we always try to beat. We also have boss kill times. Try to keep dps on nightbane for instance until all the skellies are on the pally tank, bubble pull the room with the sliding bookcase to illhoof for aoe fun, try to kill curator before the first evocate ends, don't cc any adds on moroes and just stand backwards and tank everything, pull maiden's hallway in two (or one) pull, solo tank attumen and the horse, solo tank R&J, use your undead threat abilities to call for a big push in dps on the undead and demon bosses, etc. There really are alot of things you can do to make kara a fast clear and quick.

Good luck in the future =)
Holyfuri

Postby BubbaBill » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:54 am

Was in there last night. Pulling away up to moroes nice and clean, business as usual. 9man 2 Healers solo tank.

Get into the banquet hall clear away 3 tables....throw my shield at the 4'th table....run in and hop up onto the table..."UNINVITED GUESTS!!" WTF MOROES. Raid chat goes crazy mellee DPS start to run for the exits. I yell out Hold the line and AoE like mad!
AoE rains down, healers spam, mellee DPS wet themselves, and I start marking up the Shadow priestess, RetPally, MS warrior, Moroes, and Prot warrior. while dancing a little jig trying to shuffle Moroes behind me.

6 minutes later the place looks like an Italian restaurant in a mob turf war. One full table dead Moroes and guests dead. 9 raiders standing and healthy, and very happy for this not yet full clearing Kara group.
Last edited by BubbaBill on Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BubbaBill

Postby Holyfuri » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:48 pm

lol that's awesome.
Holyfuri

Postby guillex » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:50 pm

BubbaBill wrote:Was in there last night. Pulling away up to moroes nice and clean, business as usual. 9man 2 Healers solo tank.

Get into the banquet hall clear away 3 tables....throw my shield at the 4'th table....run in and hop up onto it..."UNINVITED GUESTS!!" WTF MOROES. Raid chat goes crazy mellee DPS start to run for the exits. I yell out Hold the line and AoE like mad!
AoE rains down, healers spam, mellee DPS wet themselves, and I start marking up the Shadow priestess, RetPally, MS warrior, Moroes, and Prot warrior. while dancing a little jig trying to shuffle Moroes behind me.

6 minutes later the place looks like an Italian restaurant in a mob turf war. One full table dead Moroes and guests dead. 9 raiders standing and healthy, and very happy for this not yet full clearing Kara group.

You're lucky Bubba ... I almost replied so that you couldn't delete your double post. :P
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Kelaan » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:06 pm

Guillex wrote:You're lucky Bubba ... I almost replied so that you couldn't delete your double post. :P

That story was awesome enough for two posts. ;) I can't wait until I'm better geared so I can try this kind of thing, hehe. (Though, I MIGHT BE there now, but tend to be overly cautious.)
Kelaan

Postby BubbaBill » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:11 pm

Kelaan wrote:That story was awesome enough for two posts. ;) I can't wait until I'm better geared so I can try this kind of thing, hehe. (Though, I MIGHT BE there now, but tend to be overly cautious.)

It was not my intention to pull the head table. We had just cleared up the front right table and I darted across in front of the head table to grab the left side. Guess I got to close to the stairs and they spotted me. This was a mistake. And I don't think I would try it again on purpose.
BubbaBill

Postby towelliee » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:39 pm

So you grabbed everything including Moroes and the skeletal waiters and killed him?

Jesus I might try that tonight
towelliee

Postby BubbaBill » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:52 pm

towelliee wrote:So you grabbed everything including Moroes and the skeletal waiters and killed him?

Jesus I might try that tonight

No all the elites on the floor were cleared. Just the non-elites sitting at the table to the left of the head table....and the head table. With proper warning to raid after all the elites on the floor are down you could probably pull both front side tables in sufficient gear. I wouldn't recommend trying this with the Elite skeletons. They have a REALLY nasty debuff that will cause wipe for sure.
BubbaBill

Postby Worldie » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:22 pm

Guillex wrote:
BubbaBill wrote:Was in there last night. Pulling away up to moroes nice and clean, business as usual. 9man 2 Healers solo tank.

Get into the banquet hall clear away 3 tables....throw my shield at the 4'th table....run in and hop up onto it..."UNINVITED GUESTS!!" WTF MOROES. Raid chat goes crazy mellee DPS start to run for the exits. I yell out Hold the line and AoE like mad!

You're lucky Bubba ... I almost replied so that you couldn't delete your double post. :P

He didnt, i deleted it :P I'm ninja deleter for double posts :)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Return to Karazhan