Remove Advertisements

Advice on the two obnoxious worms...

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Talmus » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:33 am

rabbel wrote:Even the Consecrate is quite useless, as from my experience, the worms don't give a damn about aggro and just leech whoever they like. As said, it's just experience, I'm not absolutely sure.

What you can do is making sure to throw the shield at the big guy, that will be more than enough to keep him on you until he teleports. With two Pallys you can establish a taunt-rotation to get that big guy from the healers after he teleports. If that's not enough and you have either a warrior or a druid of any spec in the raid you can tell them to go defensive stance / bear form and assist in taunting. He doesn't hit that hard on plate or pelt, so any spec will do. The worms manadrain shouldn't be much of an issue, you can always pop a potion when you are completely drained, which will allow you to use one RD, same for the second Pally. If that's not enough to bring him down you usually have both RDs on CD, so you have no RD AND no mana, and you are totally screwed :p.

Yeah, I'm thinking a shield toss, LOS pull into the room to cut off the mana drain (though I've had some issues breaking their mana drain) and then just beating on him with Seal of Wisdom/Judgment of Wisdom is probably the way to go...if you judge wisdom then you'll have a chance to get mana back even if you don't have the mana to reseal.
Talmus

Postby Seloei » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:59 pm

After boosting through another batch of alts, i tried something new on these.

Spam max rank Seal of Righteousness. (it has an innate threat each cast)
Worked well, even had it swap from a healer -> me without a taunt a few times after he blinked. Taunt if it blinked/swapped targets. Noone died.
Seloei

Postby Talmus » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:10 am

Seloei wrote:After boosting through another batch of alts, i tried something new on these.

Spam max rank Seal of Righteousness. (it has an innate threat each cast)
Worked well, even had it swap from a healer -> me without a taunt a few times after he blinked. Taunt if it blinked/swapped targets. Noone died.

Fascinating...not very mana intensive so you can hopefully afford it...I'll have to give that one a try :)
Talmus

Postby djellum » Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:59 pm

if you have a druid present he rolls a 3 stack + whatever he can on the healers, while the other healer heals you (and the druid if hes good). that way when the dude shifts theres 1k+ hot ticks on the healers. helps them take a shot or 2 and might let teh other healers get a heal off. you know its going to happen so just try to live anyway possible. pally bubble, priest PWS, shaman... self rez i guess.

for the physical only make sure everyone stands together, even healers. this eliminates running around chasing them. you prob already do that but just in case.

djellum

Postby Blutreich » Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:43 pm

for the blueberry pulls before curator i pull out full arcane resist AS pull, Judge wis seal righteousness, forget holy shield but try to keep pally puddle up. when they blink i taunt judge rightousness and reseal. if they blink again there is nothing i can do so i try to tell a dps druid/warrior to pick em up till they die. IMO arcane resist helps a lot i take less damage (less healing threat) and i get less mana drained.
usually the JoW keeps my mana up enough to puddle and taunt/judge
Going to spend my cab money on more shots and just take the ambulance home
Blutreich

Postby Talmus » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:05 am

We had a single death the entire time this past trip. A lot of it is the dps...if it's fast enough to limit them to one blink and you conserve your mana (no holy shield, r1 cons after the first one, etc) then you pretty much definitely have the mana left for a taunt. As long as the DPS can limit them to one blink you're fine.

For the worms that are immune to magic I finally found a way to get agro - toss on your healing gear and spam-heal. Got me more agro that way than I got trying to tank them. :lol:
Talmus

Postby Worldie » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:30 am

Note: don't bother using mana at all while tanking the manadrain wryms + elite packs. You will be generating 0 threat since you arent actually damaging the mob. Just save your taunt and bubble for healers and tell them that they will have some repairs :)

Or get a offtank for them, they hit for arcane damage so for what it matters a clothie can tank em if healed. And that's what your healers will be doing anyway.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Neara » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:55 pm

i will be killed for saying it and i'm hating myself for it, but:

let a warrior tank the big ones

*runs as fast as he can and sees a lot of Avenger's Shields fly over his head* :D

Pulling them with Avenger's Shield before they bubble let's you get the aggro until the teleport. After that a Warrior could pick them up and spam Sunder Armor (does threat without the need of doing dmg)

Or just kill them fast ^^
Neara

Postby Ghort » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:12 am

..... Holy Boomerang, LOS pull, Consecrate/judge righteousness, reseal, spam CLEANSE, Consecrate on cooldown.... I keep mana the entire fight generally, keep big blue on me along with all his little friends... works nicely when you dont have/need the warrior option
80 Paladin (Prot) - Azual
80 Warrior (Prot/Arms) - Madarab
80 Mage (Arcane/Frost pvp) Arlensul
80 DK (Blood Tank) Deadkitten
80 Priest (holy/disc) - Ghort
5/12 ICC 10

Runetotem Server, Fifth Column
Ghort

Postby Talmus » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:28 am

Neara wrote:i will be killed for saying it and i'm hating myself for it, but:

let a warrior tank the big ones

*runs as fast as he can and sees a lot of Avenger's Shields fly over his head* :D

Pulling them with Avenger's Shield before they bubble let's you get the aggro until the teleport. After that a Warrior could pick them up and spam Sunder Armor (does threat without the need of doing dmg)

Or just kill them fast ^^

Oh, trust me...if I had a warrior there they'd be front and center. I like being THE main tank (which I have been for my new guild lately) but I'm still going to let a warrior tank the things that a warrior tanks well.
Talmus

Previous

Return to Karazhan