Thats it! From now on...

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Thats it! From now on...

Postby Mishdorf » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:05 pm

I refuse to tank Prince for people until we down Netherspite. If we can't down Netherspite I'm not tanking Prince.

Last week I had to run with a couple of PUG players in my Kara group. It has convinced me more than ever that people who have no intelligence should not get t4.

Locks who won't seed on illhoof.
Offtanks who won't strafe in the red beam.
Pally healers who want to raid heal instead of stick to the one target.

All of these things make me want to cry. So now I have instituted this policy, even for full guild runs (at least until I get my shoulders).

Does anyone else have strict "I'm not tanking this until we do that" policies or am I the only one?

"mana efficiency is for people who aren't tanking enough mobs" - Knaughty
Mishdorf

Postby inthedrops » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:57 pm

if you're there for badges, don't do nether before prince. That's my only rule. Otherwise, I think what you're saying makes sense. If the group can't kill nightbane at least you know right then in there you've got a couple slackers. Better to know sooner than later.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Mishdorf » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:51 pm

inthedrops wrote:if you're there for badges, don't do nether before prince. That's my only rule. Otherwise, I think what you're saying makes sense. If the group can't kill nightbane at least you know right then in there you've got a couple slackers. Better to know sooner than later.

Well in reality the only item I *need* from kara is the shoulders from Netherspite, though some of the gear from nightbane would be nice as well, which is why I instigated that policy. I just got tired of tanking prince so that scrubs could get their T4 helm and then leave before netherspite because they "have to go" or whatever.

"mana efficiency is for people who aren't tanking enough mobs" - Knaughty
Mishdorf

Postby Celestira » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:42 pm

Mishdorf wrote:
inthedrops wrote:if you're there for badges, don't do nether before prince. That's my only rule. Otherwise, I think what you're saying makes sense. If the group can't kill nightbane at least you know right then in there you've got a couple slackers. Better to know sooner than later.

Well in reality the only item I *need* from kara is the shoulders from Netherspite, though some of the gear from nightbane would be nice as well, which is why I instigated that policy. I just got tired of tanking prince so that scrubs could get their T4 helm and then leave before netherspite because they "have to go" or whatever.

Oh god, this. Yeah, the only time I'd do Prince ahead of schedule is if the pug is already taking forever and I just want the 3 badges and to get the hell out of there. Otherwise, you will get idiots who "have to go" after Prince. Hey, if you are getting them their helm, they should at least have the courtesy to give you a crack at your shoulders (even if you have to force the courtesy upon them).
Celestira

Postby ulushnar » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:50 am

We used to bypass Netherspite all the time, simply because he was a pain in the ass to explain to new people.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Re: Thats it! From now on...

Postby Kelaan » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:01 am

Mishdorf wrote:Offtanks who won't strafe in the red beam.

The thing is, I didn't know about this until I was OT for someone who told me about it. I have never really seen it mentioned elsewhere. (Do we have a kara thread covering it that I haven't noticed? probably.) It's not really discussed well on wowhead, and I think not really mentioned on wowwiki. So, if you expect OTs to do so, make sure you explain it to them. It might be a Learning Experience for them, rather than them just sucking.
Kelaan

Postby jere » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:21 am

Kelaan wrote:
Mishdorf wrote:Offtanks who won't strafe in the red beam.

The thing is, I didn't know about this until I was OT for someone who told me about it. I have never really seen it mentioned elsewhere. (Do we have a kara thread covering it that I haven't noticed? probably.) It's not really discussed well on wowhead, and I think not really mentioned on wowwiki. So, if you expect OTs to do so, make sure you explain it to them. It might be a Learning Experience for them, rather than them just sucking.

I think it is typically called "Beam Dancing". If you do a search for that, you will see it mentioned here and there.

It was put into this guide on our forums:
http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/ ... p?p=110960

But I don't think any of our stickies have it. I would have to look around.
jere

Postby Holyfuri » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:01 am

For badge runs, I do every boss in order, which means illhoof before shade, and netherspite before chess event.

I usually simply explain who's in what rotation while clearing trash, and if there is a new person I make sure I don't give them a beam and tell them whatever they do DO NOT cross any beam EVER.

It's better that way anyway, after a new person sees the fight without stress they feel more comfortable to handle a beam the next time.
Holyfuri

Postby Amindra » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:33 pm

I can't believe that random players have such a hard time with this fellow. He is really easy when you know what to do and it ain't that hard.

I think you're doing the right thing to tell the grp "Either we kill Netherspite or there is no T4 helms for you"

Tanks who think they are supposed to stay in the red beam and starts whining when they're sub 5k hp and "don't get any heals!" just wanna make me kill something :)
Amindra

Postby Amirya » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:28 pm

Mishdorf wrote:Does anyone else have strict "I'm not tanking this until we do that" policies or am I the only one?

My only policy is, "We're not moving on to other raids until we can clear Kara 3 times in a row."

But we just got 4 new people into our rotation, and it's paaaaainnnnffuuuullll.... :(
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Andurin » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:58 pm

In kara I have only one I'm not tanking this until we do that policy...

Kill shade before Illhoof... Mostly because i`m to lazy to walk all the way back if a lock slacked at illi again...

Since were clearing kara each week we mostly kill them all on the run, and we get to Netherspite sooner then Prince. So the dragon dies first. Very simple :P
Andurin

Postby Holyfuri » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:17 am

I have found the quickest way to clear it is straight in order. Obviously if the raid is still a little new to kara and each boss kill isn't 99% garaunteed you want to do shade first for safety purposes.

If you can though, do it in order. Nightbane after opera and before curator, illhoof before shade, netherspite before prince. I'm sure that's pretty obvious though so I really don't know why I posted it other than that I'm bored right now, lol.
Holyfuri

Postby samoa » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:37 am

Yeah i just started running Kara again and i kill everything in order, No skipping bosses because of whatever excuse, If we can't down a certain boss I call it, But so far we haven't had no problems (cross fingers). I run with

MT- PALLY (Me)

HEALERS - 2 maybe 3

DPS - 6 maybe 7 Depending on Healers( 1 Melee would be a War Or Druid For OTing Nether)
samoa

Postby Holyfuri » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:06 pm

I throw a kara group out of any two healers and any 7 dps.

I have done full clears with no deaths with zero warriors or druids in the raid.
Holyfuri

Postby samoa » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:47 pm

Yeah i want to try that route Kill Nether on his first phase, And no need for OTing and run with only 2 healers. :D
samoa

Next

Return to Karazhan