Remove Advertisements

Nightbane...

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Strom » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:49 am

Going for Nightbane on Friday night... wish me luck! We got a draenei priest as well in the guild.... just in time ;)
Strom

Postby Lollore » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:37 pm

Downed Nightbane tonight :)

2 tremors, BoP, DS and pvp trinket ftw.

http://www.lossendil.com/wws/?report=gg ... =4721-5478
Lollore

Postby Lore » Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:02 pm

So the group of random friends I do Kara with on my alts just did Nightbane, I tanked it on my pally...

He's not dropping aggro from DS/BoP. You can put it up and he'll just keep wailing away at your immune shield. He's also not dropping aggro on fears, even if someone resists and the tank gets feared.

Dunno if it's bugged or not (seems it) but it's pretty nice.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby DJSticky » Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:24 pm

Lore wrote:So the group of random friends I do Kara with on my alts just did Nightbane, I tanked it on my pally...

He's not dropping aggro from DS/BoP. You can put it up and he'll just keep wailing away at your immune shield. He's also not dropping aggro on fears, even if someone resists and the tank gets feared.

Yea I noticed the same thing, struck me as pretty strange but I can't complain ^^
DJSticky

Postby Atreidies » Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:29 am

Another thing to notice, as with all dragon mobs, with Nightbane/Onyxia/Netherspite/Nefarian, they will all melee attack people within range during phases they should be unable to. I'm sure many know that if you walk to the edge of the terrace during Nightbane's flight phase he can melee still, Netherspite is now melee'ing people during his nether-fed phase and Onyxia melees people during phase 2 in addition to everyone being able to white damage attack her. And just throwing this out there, Nefarian can melee before he lands as my dwarf priest found out last week while we were having fun in BWL.
[url=http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=Bricksauce]Image
Image[/url]
Atreidies

Postby Cakes » Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:47 pm

Lore wrote:So the group of random friends I do Kara with on my alts just did Nightbane, I tanked it on my pally...

Did this the other night and he dropped agro the instant DS went up. A couple weeks ago, he did the same thing you described.
Cakes

Postby Lore » Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:02 pm

Hmm. I just did it last night without him dropping aggro. Strange.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Enkal » Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:31 pm

Lore wrote:Hmm. I just did it last night without him dropping aggro. Strange.

I had him aggro a mage during fear once... but fire mages are known for their love of over aggro. :/
Otherwise Nightbane stays glued to me during fear. :)
Enkal

Postby Leon » Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:47 am

Fun fight.. normaly i would Aoe-tank the adds and heal on the fight, yet yesterday we hat no Warrior present.. but a dwarf Priest.. AS + Exorcism is H4X! in the transition phase ;)
Leon

Postby Questioner » Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:06 am

So I'm hitting up Kara tonight and I would love to get a shot at Nightbane tankage. Any confirmation on the fear issue, or does it just seem random? Should I drop a trinket for the pvp trinket and set up the macros or just wing it and see who gets aggro?
<3 Tankadin at Heart.

Not necessarily accurate: Armory
Questioner

Postby adese » Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:32 am

I just tanked Nightbane last night, however since we had a FW I didn't need to try the BoP trick at all.

If you don't have a FW or Tremor totem available, IMO you'll definitely want to get your PvP trinket + macros ready. A lot can happen in the few seconds that you get feared, and if a healer and/or dps goes down, you might not have enough left to finish him off before he finishes you off.
adese

Postby Izreii » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:59 pm

I will be tanking him tonight as the Warrior OT in my kara group is gone and the other warrior isn't prot spec'd

I was wondering tho... what are the macro's used to cancel the bubbles?
"In raids, the reality is that most of a player's contribution comes from how well that player plays that character, regardless of the class."
~Kalgan, Blizzard Lead Developer
Izreii

Postby adese » Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:29 pm

Izreii wrote:I was wondering tho... what are the macro's used to cancel the bubbles?

The one I use is:
Code: Select all
/cancelaura Divine Shield
/cast Divine Shield

You'll need to hit it twice to bubble and then cancel it - sadly I do not think that there is a way around that.
adese

Postby Vanifae » Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:42 pm

I am just looking for confirmation that Nightbane is still sticking to the tank during fears or Divine Shield, I intend to kill this bitch this week with me tanking.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Tybalt » Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:53 pm

In our run tonight, he was *not* sticking to the tank during fear if someone resisted, or if I popped DS.

-Ty
Tybalt

PreviousNext

Return to Karazhan