Remove Advertisements

Nightbane...

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Lore » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:05 am

A lot of fears in PVE are non-dispellable because they simply don't have a classification. I don't remember if Nightbane's is dispellable or not. It's certainly not a physical attack, however. I've never dodged a fear :P
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Saladin » Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:59 am

His fear is undispellable >.< it shows up as a red debuff
Saladin

Postby Novariety » Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:09 pm

Further to Nightbane's fear.

We went in with a new warrior to the fight who was a tad slow on the stance dance initially, so the 1st 3-4 times he was feared. Each time there was at least 2-3 people out of fear range including me on my priest, but Nightbane stuck like glue to the feared warrior.
Novariety

Postby Downpour » Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:55 am

Last night my fear warding priest died when a mage overaggro'd, we had 3 fears left until the kill. For the 1st and 3rd he staying on me, for the 2nd he left and ran at a resto druid until it broke and came back to me. I don't believe positions were any different between the 3.
Downpour

Postby Prepared » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:46 am

I suck and just do it with Fear Ward. :\

That being said, last night's kill was amazing. Two deaths:

1) A mage at third air phase, because he AoE'd some skeletons.
2) Myself, during first air phase. Stood too close to the balcony, and Nightbane himself cleaved me and then crushed me for 7k. I was battle-rezzed, buffed, and picked up the remaining skellies off the druid who shifted out of cat to AoE taunt, then flawlessly picked up Nightbane ... and tanked him for like a minute forgetting to rebuff Righteous Fury. XD

Dropped the shield I already had, which went to a Holy Paladin!
"Judgement day's not coming soon enough."

Defense < 490 = Healing gear or Hydross gear.
Prepared

Postby Candiru » Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:36 pm

Horray! I tanked nightbane without a warrior tank today :)

Its incrediably easy if you just make sure everyone stands in for the fears, but stands just out of cleave distance.

We had 2 shammies for tremor totems too (which nightbane seemed to like attacking once everyone was feared!)

If there was a bad charred earth so people had to stand too far away, I used BoP as he starts casting the fear, and cancel it as soon as it hits. Otherwise save your Fear trinket for when someone resists and the Divine shield for either.

As long as you can convince everyone to stand in for the fears its a piece of cake :)

Dropped his plate chest for me too :)
Candiru

Postby hamerhead » Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:52 am

I was wondering for those plais who AOE tank the skeles what armor are you wearing? I was trying to skim through all the posts but I didnt see anything. Do you wear your tank gear or do you wear your everyday DPS gear? We start him this weekend and I think that would be my best role for fight but I was a bit worried on how hard the skeles hit.

Thanks
hamerhead

Postby Nich » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:21 am

hamerhead wrote:I was wondering for those plais who AOE tank the skeles what armor are you wearing? I was trying to skim through all the posts but I didnt see anything. Do you wear your tank gear or do you wear your everyday DPS gear? We start him this weekend and I think that would be my best role for fight but I was a bit worried on how hard the skeles hit.

Thanks

It depends on how many healers we take.

It's relatively easy in a mixture of tanking and damage gear, where your focus is high stam.

Usually tho', I'll wear around 6-700 spelldamage to help with offhealing and dpsing Nightbane.

It's a mixture of mail and plate, so even tho' the skeletons stick to me like glue, I'm taking less damage than a cloth caster.
Nich

Postby Jaydin » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:47 am

Candiru wrote:Horray! I tanked nightbane without a warrior tank today :)

Its incrediably easy if you just make sure everyone stands in for the fears, but stands just out of cleave distance.

We had 2 shammies for tremor totems too (which nightbane seemed to like attacking once everyone was feared!)

If there was a bad charred earth so people had to stand too far away, I used BoP as he starts casting the fear, and cancel it as soon as it hits. Otherwise save your Fear trinket for when someone resists and the Divine shield for either.

As long as you can convince everyone to stand in for the fears its a piece of cake :)

oo does the BoP trick work?
that sounds interesting - ds first fear, trinket 2nd (damn it i needa pvp), bop 3nd, if each fear is 1 minute intervals trinket 4th, ds 5th, rinse repeat... but if its faster than 1 then... bah
Jaydin

Postby hamerhead » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:24 am

Nich wrote:
hamerhead wrote:I was wondering for those plais who AOE tank the skeles what armor are you wearing? I was trying to skim through all the posts but I didnt see anything. Do you wear your tank gear or do you wear your everyday DPS gear? We start him this weekend and I think that would be my best role for fight but I was a bit worried on how hard the skeles hit.

Thanks

It depends on how many healers we take.

It's relatively easy in a mixture of tanking and damage gear, where your focus is high stam.

Usually tho', I'll wear around 6-700 spelldamage to help with offhealing and dpsing Nightbane.

It's a mixture of mail and plate, so even tho' the skeletons stick to me like glue, I'm taking less damage than a cloth caster.

Cool thanks for the info
I should be fine in my everyday gear then and I can wear my healing Shield since I dont have the DPS one that drops off NB yet
hamerhead

Postby Candiru » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:33 pm

Jaydin wrote:oo does the BoP trick work?
that sounds interesting - ds first fear, trinket 2nd (damn it i needa pvp), bop 3nd, if each fear is 1 minute intervals trinket 4th, ds 5th, rinse repeat... but if its faster than 1 then... bah

Yeah if you have BoP on you then you cannot be feared by nightbane. Make sure you cancel it with a new blessing or just a cancel though :)

And you don't need to worry about most fears, if you get your 2 groups to stand within the fear range then nightbane will stick to you through the fear, or kill a totem. You can save your trinket/DS for when someone resists / is too far away and you need to break the fear.

I used my BoP when charred earth means people were too far away.
Candiru

Postby Eliane » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:39 pm

I just tanked Nightbane and we did exactly the same, except I didnt use BoP.

Stand inside fear range and have two tremors down at all times during phase one.

I tanked the skeletons during phase two with the help of a feral druid.
Eliane

Postby Fridmarr » Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:28 pm

Eliane wrote:

I just tanked Nightbane and we did exactly the same, except I didnt use BoP.

Stand inside fear range and have two tremors down at all times during phase one.

I tanked the skeletons during phase two with the help of a feral druid.

I was under the impression that tremor totems ticked on a server specified interval, so two tremor totems would be exactly the same as one, since they would tick at the same time. I guess the area of effect would be greater. Forgive me if this is not correct, my experience with totems is lacking.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Eliane » Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:10 am

Fridmarr wrote:I was under the impression that tremor totems ticked on a server specified interval, so two tremor totems would be exactly the same as one, since they would tick at the same time. I guess the area of effect would be greater. Forgive me if this is not correct, my experience with totems is lacking.

I'm not familiar with the mechanics of totems so I don't know if they pulse at the same time. We had two shamans in the raid so we just used both for safety. It would be great id one was enough tho :D
Eliane

Postby Candiru » Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:26 pm

they tick as soon as they are put down, and then every 5 seconds. So two put down 2.5seconds apart is the best.
Candiru

PreviousNext

Return to Karazhan