Nightbane...

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Ehtirno » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:02 am

Well it certainly is harder when you don't have the gear to swap in the PvP trinket, especially if you only have 1 priest (or even 0).

Remember that you can swap to fire res aura when he does his breath due to cast times, which helps alot on damage taken. Just switch back to devotion afterwards. Being on the ball with DS/BoP against fear is also a great damage reduction. If you have specced into Guardian's Favor, 1 priest, PvP trinket and decent DPS should be enough to not being affected by fear.

(Also chest/shield can (and should, atleast IMO) be replaced with badge chest/s2 shield anyway, just so you know that there are options available :) )
Ehtirno

Postby Xanatos » Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:17 pm

Am I the only one that finds it counter-productive to bubble on fears nowadays? If my pvp trink is up then I will use it but since he stays on me during fears and I know I can take the hits, I'd rather take a few hits on my back than to bubble and have him charge a clothie before I drop the bubble. (Yes, I have the instant drop macro but you still lose him for a second while spamming the button.)
Xanatos

Postby Sthallas » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:09 am

Xanatos wrote:Am I the only one that finds it counter-productive to bubble on fears nowadays? If my pvp trink is up then I will use it but since he stays on me during fears and I know I can take the hits, I'd rather take a few hits on my back than to bubble and have him charge a clothie before I drop the bubble. (Yes, I have the instant drop macro but you still lose him for a second while spamming the button.)

I'd rather instant drop bubble than tail whip/flame the rest of the raid while feared or while getting him turned to the side again. That said I just put on the 2 min trinket, there is no way our dps is slow enough to hit a 2nd let alone a 3rd fear in between the cooldowns but if yours is make sure you have 1 priest for a FW too.
Sthallas

Postby Brawlking » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:43 am

I tank both phases of Nightbane, my guilds DPS is usually high enough that we take the Skeletons down before Nightbane lands again, and I end up with a few seconds to get back into position and drop consecrate so I grab him as soon as he lands. Still have to reposition, but having a good Pally tank for Kara is nice.

Oh and Fear doesnt make you lose aggro anymore, just have to reposition Nightbane after each fear.
Why is a gun better than a woman? You can put a silencer on a gun...
Brawlking

Previous

Return to Karazhan