Remove Advertisements

Kara, threat vs T6 DPS

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Kara, threat vs T6 DPS

Postby styrm » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:21 pm

I am needing ideas to pump up my threat vs bosses in kara, nightbane inparticular against T6 DPS.

Seems 2nd or 3rd ground phase I am losing the threat that I had built up to our Hunters (that dont use FD for some reason) and our Ele shamman that continues to build while Nnightbane is Airborne.

Suggestions welcome.

I would link my armory but currently that is down. so the Character name is Styrm on the Frostmane (US) server.

Currently in tanking gear, so please take a look and offer guidance as available. and I will post armory as soon as it comes back up.

Thanks all for your time.
Frostmane: Danyell, War, 80 MT/Arms
Karahmon, Sham, 80 Resto/Ele
Tazzlehof, Rog, 80 Combat Dags
Raystlyn, Mag, 80, ICE/Fire
Styrm, Pally, 80, Tank/Ret
Headshotz, Hunter, 80, MM
Beatah, Sham, 80, Enhc
Soth, DK, 80, Blood/Frost
styrm

Postby Aerfalle » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:30 pm

Well, Nightbane resets aggro between phases, so the ele shaman will have no more threat than you would when he lands. Is the shaman attacking Nightbane right before he lands and getting owned? If that's happening and you're not already getting an MD, you should let him know about the aggro reset and to chill for a moment.

It's pretty silly for you to try to build more threat than a hunter, when they have the best aggro drop in the game. Just suggest that the hunters FD.
Aerfalle

Re: Kara, threat vs T6 DPS

Postby Kelaan » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:32 pm

Styrm wrote:I am losing the threat that I had built up to our Hunters (that dont use FD for some reason) and our Ele shamman that continues to build while Nnightbane is Airborne.

Suggestions welcome.

Suggest to your hunters that they either Feign or throttle their damage, and to the elemental shaman that they are welcome to use an Ankh to reset their aggro if they want. as long as they don't endanger the healers.

{edit: Dorvan pointed out that NB can indeed be DPSed in the air, as there's a reset when he lands. So -- jsut ask them to hold back while you re-frontload on damage at the beginning of each landing phase.}
Last edited by Kelaan on Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kelaan

Postby Dorvan » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:52 pm

DPS'ing Nightbane while he's in the air is fine, and even encouraged as long as you've got enough DPS on the skeles. Aggro is reset every time he lands, so as long as your ranged stops a few seconds before the landing there should be no aggro issue there. I've been on Nightbane runs where we got him down 20% each air phase.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Kelaan » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:01 pm

Sweet, that I didn't know. :) In that case, I guess the thing to do would be to remind them that you need time to frontload some damage on him again after the landing, right?
Kelaan

Postby Dorvan » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:33 pm

Yep, DPS just needs to treat each landing the way they would the beginning of any other fight....letting the tank establish aggro before really opening up.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:54 pm

Or else use the definitive threat dump:

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=27239
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Return to Karazhan