Remove Advertisements

Threat on Curator

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Menardi » Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:22 am

I don't know why you'd have threat problems at all in this fight. :S I've always Judged Wisdom and swung SoV until right before the Evocate, Consecrate as it starts, Wings, Judge, SoR, AS, Consecrate, Judge, back to normal. After the first Evocate I swap to my Sun Eater and only swap back for the next Evocate.
As for Arcane Bolts, we've never really bothered with the mechanics behind it, we use three healers for Kara so the Druid is on me and the other two are healing the raid.
Menardi

Postby Everlight » Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:46 pm

TBH, I had some aggro issues on Curator last night. Don't get me wrong, I was MILES ahead of the rest of the raid, but the Warlock hateful bolt soak was riding my coat-tails the whole damn time, it was pretty stressful.

I've already told him off for getting ahead of me, but yeah, it's very hard to keep a threat lead on a Warlock with no Salvation who's pushing - especially when he's flinging amped Curses of Doom on Curator that crit for like 26k :P

Though, I got a really sweet 6171 Hammer of Wrath crit on Curator right at the end there :P
Everlight

Postby Lore » Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:10 pm

Why on earth would he not have Salv?
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Phaex » Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:58 pm

Nah you should be doing more threat than a def warrior on curator. Uhm, after all, you should be doing more threat on everything.
Phaex

Postby Everlight » Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:34 pm

Lore wrote:Why on earth would he not have Salv?

Because he was the HB soaker, and not having Salvation means he needs to spend less time on Curator keeping in second place, and can spend more time on Flares.

Though considering how much of a bastard it was staying ahead of him this week, I think I'll Salv him anyway next week :P
Everlight

Postby Lore » Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:55 pm

I do it on my warlock with salv, all I do is throw instant cast DoT's on it inbetween orbs, and it does the trick nicely :P
Lore
Global Mod

Postby kedalic » Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:39 pm

You don't need to be number 2 on threat to soak the hateful bolts. Whoever has the most HP in the top 7, other than the MT will take the bolts. So, your warlock only needs to toss a COA or something at the start, to stay above the other dps, and his CoD's should do it just fine from the first evocate on. If someone else in the group is eating bolts, blame the healers for not keeping him topped off.
kedalic

Postby Cragus » Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:09 am

Who needs salv these days anyway lol :) Since my guild tends to do kara on a weekend evening for fun nowadays i tend to experiement in there for fun, dont really use salv, a bit of extra spell dm gear and it makes up the difference.
Cragus

Postby Afraithe » Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:45 am

You should not have any problems building threat and keeping aggro on Curator. When I tanked this Wednesday, someone on vent made the joke "lets get him down on first evocation" and everyone laughed. Well, after first Evocation was over, we had him at 26%, killed of a few adds and then nuked him down. I dunno how much DPS my guildmates pushed out, but it must have been absolutely massive, and I didn't loose aggro. Not exactly sure what item set I was using at the time, but I probably had around 300 spelldamage, also, I used Auto blocker instead of Dodge trinket, the more hits my shield take, the more threat I produce.
Afraithe

Postby Sayka » Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:49 am

I always tank Curator with suneater, seal and judgement of light. Nobody has salvation and I have never lost the aggro. (except for the hateful bolts)
Rwlrwlrwlrwlrwlrwlrwlrwlrwlrwlrwlrwlrwl!
Sayka

Previous

Return to Karazhan