Remove Advertisements

Heroic Mech...

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Heroic Mech...

Postby Fivelives » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:59 pm

It's been a long, long time since I ran non-MrT heroics - but is it just me, or has mech gotten a bit harder? I noticed that some of the mobs were casting a pretty nasty unstable affliction, and there are more knockdowns than there used to be. Anyone else notice this, or have I just forgotten from the last times I ran it? I'm trying to gear up my gf's priest, and she's been having issues healing it for me.
Fivelives

Postby Seloei » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:39 am

Unstable affliction? Did you have a lock on the final fight? Don't remember them ever casting that... and the instance itself feels the same (or as same as possible when you outgear them).

knockdowns can be attributed to "steady avoidance" and you missing them.
Seloei

Postby Hearthsidius » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:05 am

Seloei wrote:Unstable affliction? Did you have a lock on the final fight? Don't remember them ever casting that... and the instance itself feels the same (or as same as possible when you outgear them).

knockdowns can be attributed to "steady avoidance" and you missing them.

There's UA in there, always has been. I made the mistake a few times when I was holy of dispelling it It was sad times.
Hearthsidius

Postby UMIO » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:20 am

Yeah i noticed the UA as well packs a punch at about 4-5k if dispelled. best thing to do is just let it tick. as for the instance getting harder, i can't really say because only did it for the first time last week but i found it surprisingly easy only part i had problem with was the final wave of adds before the last boss
UMIO

Postby Lookit » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:27 am

The hardest part of heroic mech is surviving my homocidal friends who try to kill me with their positive/negative charges after the robot boss :P

I happened to run this last night, and didn't find it harder in any way. I know no one has mentioned having trouble with them, but I figured out a cool little trick for the short demons that are at the base of the left-side stairway, the ones that throw bombs:

Run into the middle of the group and drop a consecrate. Then, strafe-run in a circle around the edge of the consecrate - the bombs have a cast time, and if you constantly keep moving, they will all miss you, if you keep running in a circle.

I used to dread doing those packs without a warlock to enslave, but now I can run in, hold aggro on the whole pack, and hardly take any damage at all. Plus I get to run around like crazy =)

Obviously, this trick works better with ranged dps who can stand at max range and take down the targets according to the kill order, because any melee dps will be catching stray bombs unless they're moving exactly with you, which is pretty difficult to manage. You may ask any rogues to just work on leveling their thrown weapon skill for these packs ;)
Lookit

Postby Fivelives » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:21 pm

Odd, I guess I just never noticed the UA before. Overall the place just seemed a bit harder after not having done it in months.
Fivelives

Postby Discus » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:02 am

We "farm" mech heroic (by farm I mean maybe once/twice a week) and last time we ran it, it seemed significantly harder. We blamed a later start and general tiredness but maybe they've nerfed it as so many were farming it for badges.
Discus

Postby Levantine » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Bwahahaha I remember the first time I discovered that UA.

I was on Terrin.

I had 5k HP.

I one hit myself.
Levantine

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics