Remove Advertisements

H.MrT - Priestess Delrissa encounter - tankable?

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

H.MrT - Priestess Delrissa encounter - tankable?

Postby Argali » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:33 am

Well usually I provide crap dps/mediocre healing while we deal with it, but on wowwiki it says.

Since this is a 5v5 fight, it is extremely beneficial to have as many DPS classes that can CC as possible. However it is not necessary, as most of the adds have a fairly low damage output, and good tanks can keep at least two (if not three) on themselves at any given time, lowering the amount of CC necessary to complete this encounter. However tanking adds are extremely dificult as they are immune to taunt and choose their targets seemingly by how hard it is to kill for them (for example warrior types continue to jump to rogues etc.).

Is tanking any adds possible? Since dmg is being spread all over the place, if i try to pull aggro with judgment or AS or consecrate, mana runs out in like 2 secs.

Any thoughts?
Argali

Postby Mordinm » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:47 am

In my experience if you beat on one it will stay on you most of the time. I think keeping 2 on you is a bit optimistic but maybe I'm not doing it right. For me, I think it's more valuable to slap on some healing gear. HoJ, BoP and LoH are all life savers on that fight. If you BoP the main healer you will often get a few adds on you anyway. Throw a sheild when it's up too as any of the adds that matter are very easy to kite if you get them slowed.
Mordinm

Postby Lookit » Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:35 pm

My experience is that they are in no way tankable (with the exception of the hunter's pet, of course, which operates on completely normal aggro mechanics) and that if you find one is "sticking to you" it's simply because with 5 players, you basically have a 20% chance for them to choose you as the target too.

In my opinion, that Wikipedia entry was written by someone who happened to have 2 of the mobs beating on them at once and thought "Oh my god I'm tanking two of the adds!"

Put on healing/stam gear, and treat it exactly as you would an arena match. CC the other team as much as possible, get the priestess down fast, use your stun every cooldown, save your BoP for a clothie who gets a warrior or rogue on them, and be prepared to throw out some big heals and cleanse like crazy.
Lookit

Postby Sarutankah » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:13 pm

Lookit wrote:Put on healing/stam gear, and treat it exactly as you would an arena match. CC the other team as much as possible, get the priestess down fast, use your stun every cooldown, save your BoP for a clothie who gets a warrior or rogue on them, and be prepared to throw out some big heals and cleanse like crazy.

QFT - I don't dps at all but usually do more healing than the healer on this fight.
Sarutankah

Postby Arcand » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:33 pm

Just from what I've observed running around trying to bodyguard the casters, I would guess that either...

* They reset their threat tables every 5-10 seconds, or

* They don't have threat tables and randomly select targets every 5-10 seconds.

I've walloped the warriors with Avenger's Shield + JoR right after they broke out of polymorph, which would normally be enough threat to have a bad guy on me to the end of its days. With a few rare exceptions they've ignored me and headed off to dominate one of the casters.
Last edited by Arcand on Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arcand

Postby Argali » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:17 am

I take it my suspicions are confirmed. Lies on wowwiki.
Argali

Postby Diazepam » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:17 pm

I've had better luck getting threat in this fight by switching to my healing set. There is no real hate table from the looks of it. If anything, they go after the squishies first and then move on to the more durably armored targets.
Diazepam

Same story

Postby ldeboer » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:56 pm

I have never ever been able to get any real control on them I put on healing gear.

Never fight in amongst poles there are too many LOS issues pull them right back. Fear from locks and priests and nova from mages is king in this fight it keeps the mobs slowed down on hitting your peeps.

All I do is make sure the dps knows they must take priestess down first and fast while we have some under cc before they snap it.

I pull cc goes off and the dps goes mad on her you dont worry about dps pulling agro as she hits like a pussy even on clothies. If dps pulls you can try RD which sometimes works else clothie needs to take evasive action IceBlock, Deathcoil whatever that class can do. Everyone must concentrate to stop her healing herself. If you get her down generally you win.

Usually by now the healer has healed someone and got agro I immediately BOP the healer. Usually that gets them to come beat on me for a little moment. Its those moments of control that are the key your cc must take those moments to do do there thing be it fear, nova, sheep so you have the least number up wailing on your group.

From here I just heal and HOJ and RD whenever I can. With now two healers and 3 dps you should be able to easily clean them up.

PS: Clear 16 last night still no commendation :(
ldeboer

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics