Remove Advertisements

Returning Tankadin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Returning Tankadin

Postby Josual » Wed May 28, 2008 6:22 am

Hello all, long time lurker here, just finally registered.

I am now returning after about 6 months away from WoW. Before I left I busted my butt to get to 70 after I PUG'd with a decent sized guild who promised me a spot as OT or MT in a Kara group as soon as I was geared. I must have gotten burned out because shortly after I started in the Kara group I lost interest. It didn't help that the guild disbanded also.

Well, I am back and want to run some Heroics, and eventually get into a raiding guild again. I know for now I should stick with the easier Heroics like mech and SP to get more badges. I am looking for a few tips for my gear. I am uncrittable, and I believe uncrushable, so was wondering what I should be aiming for gear-wise.

I used the list on this site to get ready for Kara, and now I am looking for a similar list of upgrades to get from Heroics/Badges.

Thank you for your time.

P.S. This is the armory link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... i&n=Josual
Last edited by Josual on Wed May 28, 2008 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Josual

Re: Returning Tankadin

Postby guillex » Wed May 28, 2008 6:41 am

Josual wrote:Hello all, long time lurker here, just finally registered.

I am now returning after about 6 months away from WoW. Before I left I busted my butt to get to 70 after I PUG'd with a decent sized guild who promised me a spot as OT or MT in a Kara group as soon as I was geared. I must have gotten burned out because shortly after I started in the Kara group I lost interest. It didn't help that the guild disbanded also.

Welcome back :)

Josual wrote:Well, I am back and want to run some Heroics, and eventually get into a raiding guild again. I know for now I should stick with the easier Heroics like mech and SP to get more badges. I am looking for a few tips for my gear. I am uncrittable, and I believe uncrushable, so was wondering what I should be aiming for gear-wise.

An armory link would help.

Josual wrote:I used the list on this site to get ready for Kara, and now I am looking for a similar list of upgrades to get from Heroics/Badges.

Thank you for your time.

There are a few stickies in the Gear forum now that are dedicated to this kind of information, but really there aren't many gear upgrades that you're going to find in Heroics themselves, but rather from the Badges... So don't worry too much about that. Just be running Heroics and Kara to farm badges.

There's also the Gear Check/Advice Sticky that you can post your question into. But first, we need an armory link. :)
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Josual » Wed May 28, 2008 7:11 am

Bah sorry for the lack of the armory link, here it is:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... i&n=Josual
Josual

Postby guillex » Wed May 28, 2008 7:45 am

Get rid of the +4sd/+4stam gem.
    Get rid of the +20sd to gloves.
    Enchant your Jade-Skull with +15 defense.
    Get the Devilshark enchanted.
    Run Laj or Murmur over and over and over for the Righteous or Bold shoulders, respectively.

You're uncrittable, but you don't need to be uncrushable for heroics. If you're going to be running them for badge gear, I'd suggest the 2.3 breastplate (the one with spelldamage), the 2.4 legs, and the 2.4 ring.

Also, try to grind out your SSO exalted shield. That'll help you too, if you're not running Kara/Gruul's for Nightbane's shield, or the ALD.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby lostsouls » Thu May 29, 2008 4:34 am

Guillex wrote:
    Run Laj or Murmur over and over and over for the Righteous or Bold shoulders, respectively.

You're uncrittable, but you don't need to be uncrushable for heroics. If you're going to be running them for badge gear, I'd suggest the 2.3 breastplate (the one with spelldamage), the 2.4 legs, and the 2.4 ring.

Also, try to grind out your SSO exalted shield. That'll help you too, if you're not running Kara/Gruul's for Nightbane's shield, or the ALD.

Now i agree with most of what u said except for one thing keep the +spell on ur gloves. If hes going to be running heroics the more spell damage the better cause u will be in there with people who can pull threat quite easily if your not good on spell damage.
I kill cause I must....

lostsouls

Postby jere » Thu May 29, 2008 6:15 am

lostsouls wrote:
Guillex wrote:

Now i agree with most of what u said except for one thing keep the +spell on ur gloves. If hes going to be running heroics the more spell damage the better cause u will be in there with people who can pull threat quite easily if your not good on spell damage.

2% threat to gloves is better than 20 spell dmg in most cases.
jere

Postby Cosmoz » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:48 pm

at his lvl of gear, +20 SD is outperforming +2% by faar. many treads about that, so no idea to bring it up here again. leave it with this.

get some wizard oils, hp food and maybe some cheap forti elixirs/spelldamage elixirs, and you should do very well.
no need for the elixirs ofc, but I never go without them, even if I dont need them. more SD, kill faster, more agro, can save mana, wont ahve to sit and drink. etcetc
Cosmoz

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics