Remove Advertisements

Anyone CC in HMGT?

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Arcand » Tue May 13, 2008 1:14 pm

arilink wrote:1. Summoned Imp
-> Will be 2s casting 1k Firebolts but can be dispatched with 1-2 spells/hits.

If you assign a hunter or shaman to the imp, tell them "Wreck the imp and then join us on skull", they seem to get a kick out of that and try to show off how quickly they can do it. Everyone wins except the imp. :)
Arcand

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue May 13, 2008 1:21 pm

Arcand wrote:Everyone wins except the imp. :)

I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Sammuel » Thu May 15, 2008 5:16 pm

well i typically aoe tank everything in this dungeon. Now i guess imlucky cause my guild healers are pretty good and keep me up... we rarely wipe on trash. Although we do CC the sisters cause its fun to have extra dps on 3rd boss.... btw i absolutely hate her... she is the hardest one in there imho but thanx to this thread i have a couple additional tricks to try next time which may make it easier... she really needs to drop my trinket btw :) Kael seems to be easy...when i go i usually have 3 ranged dps (2 warlocks and a hunter) a pally healer and me... last time i died cause of pyro blast (will have to use that bubble trick you just posted) but my dps was able to take him down from there no prob...last time was a bit rough but only cause only 3rd boss... everything else we ran through pretty quick..just had to try her 3 times b4 we got her down...
"everything is easier with a pally tank"
Sammuel

Postby Sammuel » Thu May 15, 2008 5:21 pm

oh i also forgot to say WHY i aoe tank it... we first tried to CC but the people i was with kept leeting cc expire and wiping us on the first big pull...after around 4 wipes my GM who was playin his mage at the time said to just aoe tank it....after that we didnt have any issues with the trash..made it easier on the healer who just had to focus on one guy
"everything is easier with a pally tank"
Sammuel

Postby Minn » Thu May 15, 2008 8:52 pm

MC and Enslave are awesome in here. You can AE tank with a little help from a shadowpriest or warlock. MCing Mage Guards makes the initial pulls super easy. Instead of your party getting stunned, your new buddy provides an ae interrupt. Sisters of Torment are great too, especially with their channeled stun if you're short on interrupts. If you do want to bring one for Kael, I'd suggest taking one from somewhere other than Kael's room. Clear that whole pack and you won't have to worry about a full repop mid fight. Bring a sister from Delrissa's room and watch the 1337 damage (I swear they hit for that all the time) :)
Minn

Postby MrDuck » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:19 pm

Sammuel wrote:oh i also forgot to say WHY i aoe tank it... we first tried to CC but the people i was with kept leeting cc expire and wiping us on the first big pull...after around 4 wipes my GM who was playin his mage at the time said to just aoe tank it....after that we didnt have any issues with the trash..made it easier on the healer who just had to focus on one guy
Completely agreed, when there's a good healer, it's just WAY easier to AoE tank it all, and more fun :-) Against poisons, stoneform FTW, occasionally cleanse a debuff or two, stun something when it tries to hurt you and you can do this instance really easily. I seriously love it there, my favourite instance around, though the 3rd boss is a lil pain >.<
MrDuck

Postby Aerfalle » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:39 pm

MC/Enslave = best CC evar!

Since the MgT mobs can easily tank each other, so that takes 2 off me.

Oh wait, someone already said this.

I absolutely hate hunter trap, and sheep is only good if you have a fast mage, but they'll both work. Seduce is terrible.
Aerfalle

Postby Mishdorf » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:46 pm

Aerfalle wrote:MC/Enslave = best CC evar!

Since the MgT mobs can easily tank each other, so that takes 2 off me.

Oh wait, someone already said this.

I absolutely hate hunter trap, and sheep is only good if you have a fast mage, but they'll both work. Seduce is terrible.

Sheep is almost necessary on the 3rd boss if the warrior add is one of them.

Had a horror draw yesterday with Warrior, rogue, hunter and shammy. We had to kick the rogue and pick up a mage to beat it (group makeup - Me, resto shammy, hunter, lock, rogue->mage).

"mana efficiency is for people who aren't tanking enough mobs" - Knaughty
Mishdorf

Postby Worldie » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:23 pm

3rd boss without CC is doable by any setup... except... the naga.

The presence of the naga + no CC = 100% wipe.

I've menaged to do without CC the combo shaman + rogue + fury warrior but seriously, the naga is going to annihilate any group setup.

In fact, the 3rd boss is probably the only place where you'd want 2... let's say 4 mages.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Levantine » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:16 pm

I thought the third boss was fun. =/ I just told them it was a 5v5 arena (i.e. pure chaos) and it went fine.
Levantine

Postby DracoTB » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:00 pm

Levantine wrote:I thought the third boss was fun. =/ I just told them it was a 5v5 arena (i.e. pure chaos) and it went fine.

That probably works if all of the group are PvPers. Doesn't work to well if none of them PvP. I've never been in a group that could get past the third boss without CC.

Oh, Aerfalle, seduce is fine so long as the warlock has a good seduce macro.
DracoTB

Postby Levantine » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:23 pm

DracoTB wrote:
Levantine wrote:I thought the third boss was fun. =/ I just told them it was a 5v5 arena (i.e. pure chaos) and it went fine.

That probably works if all of the group are PvPers. Doesn't work to well if none of them PvP. I've never been in a group that could get past the third boss without CC.

Oh, Aerfalle, seduce is fine so long as the warlock has a good seduce macro.

I suppose it helped that the group had a Frost Mage and a Rogue who was quick with his stunlocky things. ^^'
Levantine

Previous

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics