Magisters' Terrace 2nd Boss Vexallus made easy

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby ldeboer » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:58 pm

Mystery solved I got a debuff in a run last night.

No they are immune to consecrate they do however pick there target at random and that includes you the tank. Holy shield definitely kills them according to my log last night I guess redoubt would too.

But yes to get a reliable use of the buffs you would have to actually target them manually.
ldeboer

Postby Invisusira » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:25 pm

ldeboer wrote:Mystery solved I got a debuff in a run last night.

No they are immune to consecrate they do however pick there target at random and that includes you the tank. Holy shield definitely kills them according to my log last night I guess redoubt would too.

But yes to get a reliable use of the buffs you would have to actually target them manually.

Ah, that would explain it. On PTR, they would actually get killed by consecrate (I would get every single debuff). They must have made them immune to AoE once it hit Live (which makes sense)!
Invisusira

Postby ldeboer » Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:28 am

BTW Nerf incoming :)

This guy was obviously harder than they intended in normal from mmo-champion apparently live on PTR

Magister’s Terrace

Vexallus is no longer immune to taunt on Normal difficulty.
Kael’thas is no longer immune to taunt on Normal difficulty.
Wretched Skulkers, Wretched Husks, and Wretched Bruisers will now reset properly.
Sunblade Imps will now reset properly.
The doors in Heroic Magister’s Terrace will no longer respawn after a soft reset if a boss has already been killed.

I know its not a pally problem but apparently he is a pain for warriors because shield slam doesnt work there are some interesting workarounds on wowwiki with locks and shadow priests tanking him :)

Hence the addition of tauntable.

Edit: It's not shield slam but some of there agro build up doesnt work on him and they often lose him. Seems to be alot of disquiet on warrior forums about pallys becoming the preferred tank in MgT.
ldeboer

Postby Cosmoz » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:28 pm

dident know about that bug.
well, no need to use it the boss is easy anyway without cheating.
I always take 1 of the adds when they spawn every spawn, and spare the dps from the debuff. easier for the healer to just heal me. rogue usualy takes the other half of the adds.
Cosmoz

Postby Dorvan » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:57 pm

Why are you using Holy Shield on that fight? I'm pretty certain that like all other elemental melee damage, this guys attacks can't be blocked.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby spelltank » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:11 am

ldeboer wrote:BTW Nerf incoming :)
Sunblade Imps will now reset properly.

Woot, no more pulling a group 20+ yards from the group you are pulling
spelltank

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:33 am

Cosmoz wrote:dident know about that bug.
well, no need to use it the boss is easy anyway without cheating.
I always take 1 of the adds when they spawn every spawn, and spare the dps from the debuff. easier for the healer to just heal me. rogue usualy takes the other half of the adds.
Warlocks also trivialize the adds, they can take one and the pet another. VW will take a lil while to die(3 stacks?2?) and a warlock with 1000+ shadow damage can easily outheal a couple stacks the debuff with drain life + a hot. The dps loss isn't even felt as you're not supposed to steamroll the boss' hp.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby sucellus » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:05 am

Dorvan wrote:Why are you using Holy Shield on that fight? I'm pretty certain that like all other elemental melee damage, this guys attacks can't be blocked.

Can anyone confirm this? It's annoying as hell that there is no distinction between true melee and elemental melee so looking at recount it looks like melee dmg was huge thus I would obviously use Holy Shield.
sucellus

Postby Lookit » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:59 am

sucellus wrote:
Dorvan wrote:Why are you using Holy Shield on that fight? I'm pretty certain that like all other elemental melee damage, this guys attacks can't be blocked.

Can anyone confirm this? It's annoying as hell that there is no distinction between true melee and elemental melee so looking at recount it looks like melee dmg was huge thus I would obviously use Holy Shield.

My understanding has always been that elementals who deal elemental melee damage cannot be blocked. So if your combat log says "Vexallus hits you for 2165 Arcane damage" then it cannot be blocked. If it just said "Vexalus hits you for 2165 damage" then you'd know it was normal melee damage that could be blocked.
Lookit

Postby sweeney » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:28 am

He's an arcane elemental, and yes that's exactly how it works. WWS reports the damage as Arcane with 0 physical damage dealt by Vexallus over the fight.
Sweeney: 80 Paladin, Runetotem
sweeney

Postby Cosmoz » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:01 pm

never thougth about the blocking....checked it today while killing him, and yea...holy shield is worthless here.. :( kinda sucks, cuz only agro I have on him then is Consecration (cuz i use JoR to kill 1 add every spawn) but ofc most of the time it is enough unless DPS go 110% crazy on boss.
Cosmoz

Postby Worldie » Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:09 pm

Actually if you get the first 2 adds (judge one, melee other) your consecration will be enough to hold aggro even with t6 dps nuking.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Aurthur » Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:48 am

I haven't yet tried him since I got my arcane resist set together (352 arcane resist)... with that and spell warding, hoping to see some 800-1000 pt ticks on consecrate! :)
Aurthur

Postby ldeboer » Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:00 pm

Dorvan wrote:

Why are you using Holy Shield on that fight? I'm pretty certain that like all other elemental melee damage, this guys attacks can't be blocked.

Habit :)
ldeboer

Postby Daiden » Wed May 14, 2008 6:40 am

I think they've fixed the "stand under the candle" trick, I was in a group last night, and the ppl killing the adds were now getting the debuff.
Daiden

PreviousNext

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics