Magisters' Terrace 2nd Boss Vexallus made easy

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Mortehl » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:34 am

Snake-Aes wrote:I could reply exactly what I've done already and finish with "You'll see that I'm right" too, but that'd be destructive. I'm going to parse a combat log of that asshole of a boss. I'm getting that debuff every now and then and the only thing that could possibly hit them is consecration. I'm as certain that it works as you are that it doesn't.


Snake, all due respect sir but consider that all others have experienced that their AOE is not doing and you have. I'm not calling you crazy but empirical evidence suggests that we're right and you're wrong. Simply run the instance again and pay close attention to the energies.
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl
Moderator
 
Posts: 1289
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:25 am
Location: Naxx 10 prepping for Naxx 25

Postby Aarek » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:35 am

I think the reason for us killing flares could be one of our 8 billion reactive damage abilities. I've personally seen the flares dying and me getting the debuff thing happen. The only true way to discover the reason is for a parse.
Image

Let's just say that if complete and utter chaos was lightning, he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are bastards'.
User avatar
Aarek
 
Posts: 200
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:07 am

Postby Hearthy » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:35 am

Snake-Aes wrote:I could reply exactly what I've done already and finish with "You'll see that I'm right" too, but that'd be destructive. I'm going to parse a combat log of that asshole of a boss. I'm getting that debuff every now and then and the only thing that could possibly hit them is consecration. I'm as certain that it works as you are that it doesn't.


Do you have the Darkmoon Furies trinket? That proc could be killing them.
Hearthy
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:32 pm

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:43 am

Mortehl wrote:
Snake-Aes wrote:I could reply exactly what I've done already and finish with "You'll see that I'm right" too, but that'd be destructive. I'm going to parse a combat log of that asshole of a boss. I'm getting that debuff every now and then and the only thing that could possibly hit them is consecration. I'm as certain that it works as you are that it doesn't.


Snake, all due respect sir but consider that all others have experienced that their AOE is not doing and you have. I'm not calling you crazy but empirical evidence suggests that we're right and you're wrong. Simply run the instance again and pay close attention to the energies.

I know that. I'm insisting on it because They are dieing, i'm getting the debuff, and i'm not attacking them.
Hearthy wrote:
Snake-Aes wrote:I could reply exactly what I've done already and finish with "You'll see that I'm right" too, but that'd be destructive. I'm going to parse a combat log of that asshole of a boss. I'm getting that debuff every now and then and the only thing that could possibly hit them is consecration. I'm as certain that it works as you are that it doesn't.


Do you have the Darkmoon Furies trinket? That proc could be killing them.
Must be it? I only use that trinket in this instance(qq lemme dodge spells!). Does the trinket proc off spells? Does the energy melee? I have yet to see Pure Energy live enough to do it's aoe.

Our inherent reactive damage abilities are all linked to physical damage, aren't they? Ret aura only procs in melee swings, holy shield only on melee swings and ranged attacks(not spells), what about DMC:Vengeance? Am I missing something?

Consecration works differently than other aoe spells. It's an environment dot that can't be resisted. All other aoes are active straight aoe damage.
Image
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
User avatar
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 15539
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:15 am
Location: Thorns

Postby Mortehl » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:47 am

Snake-Aes wrote:Consecration works differently than other aoe spells. It's an environment dot that can't be resisted. All other aoes are active straight aoe damage.


It might be DMC:Vengeance. That retarded ass card has pulled bosses by accident when I've cast holy shield right before I meant to actually pull, and other assorted atrocities.

As for Consecrate, it is an environmental dot as you describe, but it is still subject to the same ANTI AOE rules as totems and other AOE immune targets use.
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl
Moderator
 
Posts: 1289
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:25 am
Location: Naxx 10 prepping for Naxx 25

Postby Aerfalle » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:38 pm

Consecrate doesn't kill them. Also, someone said they don't consecrate during this fight? How does that work? You already can't block any of his attacks, how are you getting enough threat?

Snake -- I have had mysterious debuffs during this fight as well. I normally use the DMC card, but have been swapping in the Violet Badge and (come to think of it) haven't seen any mysterious debuffs since.

This boss is tough. I've run this many times and have had a mix of good and bad encounters with this boss. It's actually kind of mind boggling that anyone is posting "he's easy, l2p" (not literally, but that's the meaning)
User avatar
Aerfalle
 
Posts: 183
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:09 pm

Postby Arcand » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:58 pm

Aerfalle wrote:It's actually kind of mind boggling that anyone is posting "he's easy, l2p" (not literally, but that's the meaning)


It's impossible to ask any question about a boss without getting a few worthless drive-by "I've never had any trouble therefore I'm better than you" posts. Makes me miss killfiles.
Arcand
Moderator
 
Posts: 4525
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:15 am

Postby Lookit » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:38 pm

Yes, DMC:V will definitely kill the adds. Hence mystery debuffs when you haven't so much as targeted them.

Also, pro tip:

The First Boss of Heroic Magisters' Made Easy: Make sure at least 1 healer and 1 dps make it into the room with you, without getting locked out. Completely trivializes the fight.
Image
User avatar
Lookit
 
Posts: 255
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:17 am

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:40 pm

Lookit wrote:Yes, DMC:V will definitely kill the adds. Hence mystery debuffs when you haven't so much as targeted them.

Also, pro tip:

The First Boss of Heroic Magisters' Made Easy: Make sure at least 1 healer and 1 dps make it into the room with you, without getting locked out. Completely trivializes the fight.
So true...rofl. First time I did this fight the healer was locked out.

Everyone had to use a healthstone but no one died =D

Well, the boss did.
Image
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
User avatar
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 15539
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:15 am
Location: Thorns

Postby ldeboer » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:04 pm

Mortehl wrote:
Snake-Aes wrote:Consecration works differently than other aoe spells. It's an environment dot that can't be resisted. All other aoes are active straight aoe damage.


It might be DMC:Vengeance. That retarded ass card has pulled bosses by accident when I've cast holy shield right before I meant to actually pull, and other assorted atrocities.

As for Consecrate, it is an environmental dot as you describe, but it is still subject to the same ANTI AOE rules as totems and other AOE immune targets use.


Yeah it is slightly weird I too have had the debuff and infact had stopped consecrating because of it and I dont have the card think I had the figurine of colussus and dabriri on at the time have never had the card
yet I know that consecrate doesnt work I was chasing them the other night dropping the dam thing on them and they wouldnt die I had to whack them.
Image
Image
Image
ldeboer
 
Posts: 553
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:13 pm
Location: Perth Australia

Postby Garov » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:36 am

Aerfalle wrote:Consecrate doesn't kill them. Also, someone said they don't consecrate during this fight? How does that work? You already can't block any of his attacks, how are you getting enough threat?


I haven't had any major issues with keeping threat on him and not consecrating. DPS splits off to kill sparks which lowers their threat on the boss. I pull with wings popped and throwing the shield. I keep Seal of Light on him. I know most of you guys are saying consecrate doesn't make a difference on the debuffs, but I notice a significant drop of situations where I would get the debuffs when I don't consecrate. I'm not saying my way is right and yours is wrong. I'm just saying I've noticed it work for me. I've worn my darkmoon card every time I've gone in here btw.
Image
Garov
 
Posts: 306
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 7:19 am

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:53 am

Threat is an issue for me because I rarely run without a high-dps group. They do like to go hiper on overload, which is always fun. The dot debuff increases their damage a LOT, so I can't afford not to consecrate on this boss(I actually ninja any Energy that is dangerously left alone for the threat boost).

"Damn, 8k eviscerate" says it all for me :/
Image
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
User avatar
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 15539
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:15 am
Location: Thorns

Postby sweeney » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:03 pm

Anecdotal evidence: Arcane Explosion doesn't kill Pure Energy. Our mage thought maybe they were immune to arcane damage, but it seems more likely that it's the AOE flag, like totems.

Also, I've not gotten the debuff unless I specifically targeted Pure Energy and whacked them, *or* had Retribution Aura up. (I don't have DMC:V). That's with Consecration ticking pretty much the whole fight.

I don't know exactly how the mechanic works for certain, but that's what I've observed.
Sweeney: 80 Paladin, Runetotem
sweeney
 
Posts: 297
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:15 pm

Postby Dorvan » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:11 pm

I've killed adds without ever targeting them...I don't have a combat log to go back and check the cause of death though.
Image

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
User avatar
Dorvan
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 8462
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:28 pm

Postby 2ndNin » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:10 pm

Warning: Anecdotal evidence ahead

Consecrate does seem to kill them.

However, in their normal spawn positions they are not on top of it, and tend not to move through it. If you move up and consecrate on top of them it can hit them and kill them, I do not tend to wear the DMC card, but do use ret aura (so that may explain it). Well just me, seems to work tbh.
[url=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria]Armoury Link
[/url]
Image
2ndNin
 
Posts: 617
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:53 am
Location: EU-Silvermoon

PreviousNext

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest