Remove Advertisements

Heroic Magister best group for a palatank

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Heroic Magister best group for a palatank

Postby palouf » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:48 am

Hi all,

I had the best heroic MT clear yesterday, no wipe.
Healer : Holy pala
Tank : me
Mage
2 Warlocks (afflic + destruction)

We had priest/shaman/mage/rogue/engineer combo at third boss:
Sheep shaman/Banish engineer
Nuke Priest + rogue (stun rotation and slowing effects )+ mage ( i didnt even noticed him, he run oom really quick )

Conclusion :
1- Holy palas can easily handle heroic MT if they know what to do, they are even better at third boss fight : stun/BoP clothies

2- 1 cc + enslave are more than enough if you want to keep a little bit of mana :-)

3- Kael was cake ( frost mage for phoenix ), dots + 3 ranged :-)

4- Most important : Commendation dropped ...
palouf

Postby Cearn » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:52 am

GRATZ!
Cearn

Re: Heroic Magister best group for a palatank

Postby Amanor » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:21 am

palouf wrote:2 Warlocks (afflic + destruction)

That's not really limited to "best group for a Tankadin." Even one Warlock makes the instance immensely easier, especially if you get the Shaman and/or the Engineer at Delrissa. Two would likely make it child's play, and throw in a mage, and I can't say it matters who you have healing or tanking by that point.

Grats on the commendation, though!
Amanor

Postby Snake-Aes » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:03 am

Phoenix isn't immune to fire. Spec barely matters if the mage is smart enough to actually use frost every now and then to keep it slow.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby spelltank » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:48 pm

i've been thinking... Since the palliy type mobs have a good heal, if that is useable during MC, would a holy priest be able to heal while MCing it? if so, that would be so awesome :O
spelltank

Postby Aerfalle » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:44 pm

Heroic groups with shadow priests are always awesome.

Especially magister's, since MC takes out two mobs and cons can't break it.
Aerfalle

Postby Aeverius » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:35 pm

spelltank wrote:i've been thinking... Since the palliy type mobs have a good heal, if that is useable during MC, would a holy priest be able to heal while MCing it? if so, that would be so awesome :O

While I can't confirm for this mob in particular, I've gotten heals from the Menders in Bot while a priest had them MC'd. Said priest was shadow, the priest's spec doesn't matter in the slightest. I'm not sure I'd want my main healer using a MC'd mob to heal, personally, although I do want to check this out next time I'm in there.

"Incoming!" is the new ready check.
Aeverius

Re: Heroic Magister best group for a palatank

Postby Charodej » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:12 am

palouf wrote:Hi all,

I had the best heroic MT clear yesterday, no wipe.
Healer : Holy pala
Tank : me
Mage
2 Warlocks (afflic + destruction)

We had priest/shaman/mage/rogue/engineer combo at third boss:
Sheep shaman/Banish engineer
Nuke Priest + rogue (stun rotation and slowing effects )+ mage ( i didnt even noticed him, he run oom really quick )

Conclusion :
1- Holy palas can easily handle heroic MT if they know what to do, they are even better at third boss fight : stun/BoP clothies

2- 1 cc + enslave are more than enough if you want to keep a little bit of mana :-)

3- Kael was cake ( frost mage for phoenix ), dots + 3 ranged :-)

4- Most important : Commendation dropped ...

Well, I did tanking for heroic MgT also did healing. Surely that inst is paladin friendly :))
The setup of the 3rd boss you had I consider as the easiest one of available. What really makes problems there is when you get arms warr - naga(must be shipped all the fight, and reshipped before ship wears off).
But the group itself is great that is true :) Palas work better with AOE :roll:
EDIT: Oh and GZ on the comendation ! Mine dropped when I went there for the 2nd time (1st time I had a pug that was wiping at kael, so they had 3rd boss killed by the time when I was invited :) )
Charodej

Postby Mortehl » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:25 am

Warlock = Teh pwn in this place. Period.

Enslave the witch = win on trash.

Getting 2 demons in the arena match = win on arena match. Seriously, I fear the engineer, the lock banishes the huntard, then fears another target (usually the MS warrior) and we win.
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Postby Amanor » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:40 am

spelltank wrote:i've been thinking... Since the palliy type mobs have a good heal, if that is useable during MC, would a holy priest be able to heal while MCing it? if so, that would be so awesome :O

I've had my fiance use it spot heal on occasion where the sister of torment seduces our main healer, but she's a shadow priest. As Aeverius said, I'm not sure that I'd want my main healer relying on a MC'd mob to do the primary portion of healing, especially considering all the things that could go wrong with it.
Amanor

Postby Robin de tolens » Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:17 am

Moreover, most of the time there is a CD on the mobs' heals, so it can go really wrong. But in a group lacking CC, it can be useful as the heal is really OP.
Krahla - 80 Warlock
Elemmírë - 70 Priest
Veljen - 25 Shaman
The reliable protection of the horseman is DONKEY of the bathroom
Robin de tolens

Postby Gimorth » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:01 am

I would support either an additional mage or an SP as a replacement for the second warlock. The mage's CC is a bit more ubiquitous. The shadow priest is great for the mana return and their MC. MC/Enslave effective takes 2 mobs out of the equation.

One thing I would recommend for your mages is to make sure they steal the Blood Knight's seal. It does 1500 holy damage on each spell cast. That's an excellent DPS increase.

I was not aware that the phoenix was not immune to fire.
Gimorth

Postby Amanor » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:32 pm

Gimorth wrote:One thing I would recommend for your mages is to make sure they steal the Blood Knight's seal. It does 1500 holy damage on each spell cast. That's an excellent DPS increase.

Unless Blizz has hotfixed it by now, however, it also adds the fun effect of breaking polymorph.
Amanor

Postby Cosmoz » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:24 pm

I make my HC MgT groups setups for 1 encounter. boss 3.
tankadin (me)+ mage+ warlock+ rogue+ healer (druid/shaman/priest)

done it several times with different setups ofc, but usualy its messy. I prefer a lot of CC on that boss, and me jumping into healing gear. unless people are sleeping, its very easy.
Cosmoz

Postby Dianora » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:37 pm

Cosmoz wrote:I make my HC MgT groups setups for 1 encounter. boss 3.
tankadin (me)+ mage+ warlock+ rogue+ healer (druid/shaman/priest)

done it several times with different setups ofc, but usualy its messy. I prefer a lot of CC on that boss, and me jumping into healing gear. unless people are sleeping, its very easy.

That's my usual set up. Usually I start the group and invite the people I want to take with me. With sufficient DPS, boss 3 is easy. (It also helps that I can cherry pick what adds goes with her).
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Next

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics