So I tried Heroic MgT Last night...

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Yes found this out the hard way

Postby ldeboer » Sun May 25, 2008 9:42 pm

Kelaan wrote:It's interesting:

High DPS groups tend to have a hard time with the second boss (unless they're careful/smart, of course), whereas they often seem to do well on the 3rd and final bosses. Kindof cool, IMO.

It was daily I was late on and most of guild had done so I got a pug group and my first fail at H-MgT

The group had massive dps mage, lock and rogue but could not get there head around controlling it.

We would sort out plan but the moment we start they seemed intent on burning it down and next adds would be up and they would ignore adds and still be dpsing next they all dead and then there would be me left still tanking.

After run 6 the healer and I called it. Just shows good gear and dps doesn't make you a good player.
ldeboer

Postby Truthiness » Wed May 28, 2008 4:53 am

First off you should have a bubble macro to deal with the pyroblast. It is nearly impossible to take the pyroblast full force. Since you eventually beat the fight, I assume you already did that. Second, your rogue needs to be kicking at every available opportunity. It greatly cuts down on the damage you take.
Truthiness

Postby Lanicus » Wed May 28, 2008 11:53 am

I will most likely be running this one tonight with the following gear on:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &n=Lanicus

I'm fairly confident that (assuming we find a good healer) this will not be too painful.

I remember running this on regular, but I dont remember the pyroblasts at Kael that everyone is discussing.

Question: Does he emote or say something so you know the pyro is coming?
Lanicus

Postby Lookit » Wed May 28, 2008 12:05 pm

He only does the pyroblast on heroic, not on normal. And there is an emote that says "Kael'Thas Sunstrider begins casting pyroblast."

Fortunately, the tank dying to the pyroblast doesn't matter much because he should be almost at 50% health anyways, after which point a tank is fairly useless.

If it's your first time on heroic, I'd recommend getting as much ranged dps as possible. It makes Kael much easier having DPS that can kill the phoenix without eating the AoE fire damage and that can target him in Phase 2 without having to get close.
Lookit

Postby sunburst » Wed May 28, 2008 12:43 pm

Ironically MGT heroic was my 3rd heroic, and I've tanked it in complete blue set (just look at any pre-kara gear list and you'll get the idea). It went pretty smooth, even though it was a PUG. We didnt have rogue, so Kael's fireballs gave our healer a hard time, other than that... cake. No trinket, no mace for me... and I still dont have it despite sooooo many MGTs done :(
sunburst

Postby dmok » Wed May 28, 2008 12:52 pm

I didn't even knew he did a pyro until I started reading strats on Kael. I get the feeling the first time I see one, is going to be on my tank -_-
dmok

Postby Mialina » Wed May 28, 2008 11:03 pm

Not sure if this is advised in prior posts but wanna write it anyways:

The easiest way to do the third boss is putting up your healing gear :)
That extra bit of healing helps a lot. Since the priestess or others don't need serious tanking (and cant be in fact), saving your group with your heals is the best option we have left. I actually helped a rogue solo two npcs (warrior and lock if I'm not wrong) by healing him with my flash heals only (otherwise it was a wipe :P).
So if its all going wrong try putting up your healing gear (and if it is arena gear like mine then you can feel free to take hits and stay alive easy :P )
Mialina

Previous

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics