Remove Advertisements

So I tried Heroic MgT Last night...

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

So I tried Heroic MgT Last night...

Postby antiy4ho0 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:40 am

And wow. What a pain in the ass. Had no problems with the trash. Had a Rogue/Lock/Mage so I had a ton of CC I could use. First boss was cake too, we ignored the crystals and killed him on the 2nd crystal. Second boss = a bit tougher. We had to put our ranged DPS on the sides of the lamps, because our healer couldn't keep both the DPS and me up. 3rd boss was pretty much what you expect. Pain in the ass. We had ridiculous luck with fears, wiped 3 times because of fears pulling groups. I think we wiped maybe 6 times on this boss but when we did get her down everyone was spot on on the CC and it went perfect.

Now heres the problem. I kid you not, we wiped on Kael 8-12 times. To be honest I kind of lost count. I think it may of been a thing with our mage and lock pretty much sucking at kiting. Kael was also hitting pretty damn hard and our healer was constantly throwing big heals on me. We ended up downing Kael 6 minutes until server shut down. He dropped both plate pieces an I picked up some off spec stuff. Unfortunately that means he did not drop the cudgel and priestess Delrissa did not drop my trinket. So that means I'm not done running this place. I just want to make sure our gear isn't the reason why this place was such a pain last night. I'm thinking our mage was horrible at kiting the phoenix' and our lock just wasn't putting out enough burst damage. That along with the healer having problems avoiding the orbs ( I know... )

My armory
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &n=Proteuz

Healer
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... zdnconfuzd

DPS
Rogue:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &n=Phordel

Lock:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... =Swishrswt

Mage:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... ltimaseeuh
antiy4ho0

Postby GothicPL » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:03 pm

Your group is very well geared. The healer could use a few upgrades, but it should be doable still.

Heroic MrT is all about execution and playing smart. Folks just cannot relax there like they can in most other heroics, one mistake is often a wipe, so make sure everyone is focused.

Trash:

Try to clear as much as you can. Some groups are bugged, in that they pull other groups when you don't expect it. There are also duplicate or loose imps that may pull unrelated mobs. The only pulls I skip these days are:
1. The group on the right in the very first room.
2. Two groups to the far sides after you are done with the priestess fight.

Make sure you completely clear the room before priestess, and all little groups to the sides in front of her.

Boss fights:

First boss - DPS has to react quickly to the orbs and kill them. Healer needs to pay attention.

Second boss - DPS needs to kill sparks quickly and plan in advance how to manage debuffs. I wiped on him a few times til DPS explicitly decided to pick sides - rogue got sparks on the left, and mage got sparks on the right. Healer needs to work very hard - priest is nice in that he can heal for a while in the spirit form. Usually a couple of people die on this fight.

Third boss - plan CC in advance, mage needs to resheep all the time, you need to spam Turn Evil every cooldown on demon adds, pull the group back to the door to give space for fears. Even with all this, it's a hard fight - heal others and use BoP on clothies/healer when they start taking physical damage. Also, use hammer of justice every cooldown.

Fourth boss - just so many things to pay attention to. Use AW before the pull (so that you can bubble through pyro), lay down consecrate on Kael very quickly, so that the first phoenix spawn doesn't stay on you. Mage should kite phoenix around the platform behind Kael. Watch out the ground for flamestrike and run out of it. Kael can be temporarily silenced (I believe Imp Kick does it), in which case he may start running to you. I use a quick weapon switching macro after phase 1 to put healing weapon, shield and libram on. On phase 2 and 3, apart from avoiding the orbs, prioritize healing DPS - they are the ones necessary to win the fight at that point, it's a DPS race because there's too much damage flying around.

Do not get discouraged if you wipe, heroic MrT is hard, much harder than other heroics. I don't know many people who actually enjoy running it. The drops are fantastic though.
Last edited by GothicPL on Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GothicPL

Postby inthedrops » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:03 pm

I didn't look at your gear or anyone elses. You killed it, you can do it again. It'll get easier.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:43 pm

First Boss: Unless you have a bad healer(pallies do just fine against his aoe), it's wiser to just dps him ASAP. THe crystals never go down before he gets mana for 3 or so explosions. Just burn him asap and if you have hunters/spriests, mana burn.
Second Boss: If healing is getting rough, tell dps to slow down. The debuffs only make the next energies come FASTER. Slow dps wins this race against the healer's max output.

My biggest recommendation for third boss is: Don't rush. Everyone has a ton of cc to work on, but DO NOT RUSH! Stay near the healer, usually a few yards before the columns. Everyone should be together to better handle the incoming enemies. Once they are in range from whenever they should come, they get CCed. Step in the "arena" and you die. Yes, you die. Only the tank should go in there so he does the pull and absorb the initial damage. This single factor is what wiped my groups the most.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Druaka » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:39 pm

heroic mgt done it 2 times and both took a couple mins over the hour.

any one who says to kite the pheonix is mad. kill it and your fine..

kael is an easy fight in heroic. especially for a pally if the dps is slow you bubble thru pyro.

but the thing is kill the pheonix and egg fast and its i win button
Druaka

Postby Sparti » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:33 pm

a great strategy i discovered for the second boss is to judge righteousness on as many orbs as you can - once the debuff outpaces your healing, hit a divine shield/cancelaura macro. You'll have eaten 4-6 debuffs that would have wiped out your DPS otherwise. It worked great for me the other night. Shame we basically got screwed by the worst possible priestess spawn.

Drink Time, Wimps! -- A blog.
Sparti

Location: Probably contributing to Sprint's wonderful track record of horrible customer service.

Postby Taeron » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:35 am

Sparti wrote:a great strategy i discovered for the second boss is to judge righteousness on as many orbs as you can - once the debuff outpaces your healing, hit a divine shield/cancelaura macro. You'll have eaten 4-6 debuffs that would have wiped out your DPS otherwise. It worked great for me the other night. Shame we basically got screwed by the worst possible priestess spawn.

Run to the wall separating the starting area with the overpass that has 2 mage-guards standing at the beginning of it. Type the following:

/tar Apoko ... (shaman)
/tar Eramas ... (fury warrior)
/tar Ell ... (warlock)
/tar Gara ... (hunter, demon)
/tar Kagani ... (rogue)
/tar War ... (/tar Salaris won't work, Warlord Salaris, MS warrior)
/tar Yaz ... (mage)
/tar Zel ... (engineer, demon)

Once you see which 4 adds you have with the third boss, decide if it's something you'd want to go with. Otherwise, run outside the instance, select difficulty Normal, select difficulty Heroic again (this resets the dungeons) and try again. You can do this 5 times.
Taeron

Postby kensanity » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:00 am

My first post in these forums but considering that this resource helped me a great deal in building my tank, lemme tell you bout my experience with H MgT.

first off, here is a link to my armory just in case my sig doesn't work (just made that thingy today)

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/chara ... rmidantwon

Anyway, tanking experience wise, i've only felt comfortable tanking Heroic Mech, UB, SP, BF and Ramps. I have not even ATTEMPTeD any of the others (should i?)

Anyway party make up consisted of t4 lock, mage in mostly blues, t5 hunter, pally with 1700 + healing, and myself tanking.

Typical group CC was Sheep Mage Guard, TRap blood knight, Seduce lock/physician, and then dps imp, physician, lock and then whatever else.

those first pulls were pretty easy i guess.

Following advice from somewhere on this forum, skipped the whole dps crystal thing and just straight dps the first boss. Easy modes.

Second boss wiped like mabye 4 times but eventually downed him on 5th try with noone dying. Dont know why it turns out like that.

Next few pulls, having a lock made this so much easier and i think having MAge, lock and 1 more CC makes this heroic a cake walk. CC everything the same as usual, but DPS the naga FIRSt. and also enslave sisters of torment or whatever and have them be meat shield and dps. CAKE walk for pulls.

idk what was up with 3rd boss but we had rogue, shaman, mage engineer
that was easy modes as well.

after that was the last pull before boss, fairly simple with enslave.

Then kael. Kael is pretty much easy mode I guess. His fireballs can hurt, followed advice here again and went with Avenging wrath before combat, lock put up curse of doom, initiate, DPS, CS the pyroblast or bubble it, phase 2, fly heal, dps GG.

I got the mace from kael although i really only ran cuz i wanted the trinket but yeah, just wanted to say that i can do it in my crap gear with a pally healing me anyone can do it.

Just follow the advice on this forum cuz it went a long way in preparing me for battles which are much easier than they seem.
kensanity

Postby Catriona » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:40 am

Er, Ken, that image needs to go in your signature, not your avatar. O_o
Stonemaul
Catriona - holy priest / Chivalry - prot paladin / Spirallis - marks hunter / Daiya - destro lock
Catriona

Postby kensanity » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:41 am

Catriona wrote:Er, Ken, that image needs to go in your signature, not your avatar. O_o

rofl. this is true. and freaking why doesn't my "sig" show stats?! wtf...
kensanity

Postby Brickhouse » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:42 pm

GothicPL wrote:heroic MrT is hard, much harder than other heroics. I don't know many people who actually enjoy running it. The drops are fantastic though.

Yeah, once I got exhalted, I have not gone back - of course, i got all the drops that could even be moderately useful, as well =)

But, I will go back very rarely - with my paladin tank - if at all.

I will try to get exhalted with my priest as well.
Brickhouse

Postby Catriona » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:57 am

Brickhouse wrote:
GothicPL wrote:heroic MrT is hard, much harder than other heroics. I don't know many people who actually enjoy running it. The drops are fantastic though.

Yeah, once I got exhalted, I have not gone back - of course, i got all the drops that could even be moderately useful, as well =)

/twitch
It's exalted. There's no h in.
Stonemaul
Catriona - holy priest / Chivalry - prot paladin / Spirallis - marks hunter / Daiya - destro lock
Catriona

Postby sapientialb » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:37 am

Can we nominate someone with good writing skills and such to just write a stickyable guide to this fun house of horrors? Seems like we are getting a topic a day or more that all seem to have the same information and questions.

Just a thought.
-Sap

"Tanks need many stats, including No-blink crotch staring resistance" - Snake-Aes
sapientialb

Postby Impervium » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:47 am

I'll take a shot at it. Should be done by 4:30pm Central time unless I actually have to work today.
Impervium

Postby Brickhouse » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:53 am

Catriona wrote:
Brickhouse wrote:

/twitch
It's exalted. There's no h in.

/twitch
If it is that important to correct people's spelling and grammar, that you post about it, perhaps you shouldn't visit internet forums. It is the front line for the disintegration of the human language(s). =)

Sorry, my English is not as fantastic as yours.

Sometimes I post at 4:30 a.m. so I might make a mistake here in there. In the above case, it was 4:42 a.m.

If I wanted to fret, I would say your second comment, "There's no h in" is not a grammatically proper sentence. It is missing an indirect object. There is no "h" in what?

Anyway, I don't really care =)

Peace.
Brickhouse

Next

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics