Remove Advertisements

Underbog issues

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Underbog issues

Postby thewarphrog » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:02 am

The first heroic I ever did on my paladin was a few days ago. I taked Heroic Arc, and was only possible because the healer and all 3 DPS were in full epics. But he dropped my tanking ring that he never dropped in normal, and I got a few badges and a tanking gem. =)

Anyway, last night I tanked Heroic Slave Pens, it was fine. Then tanked Heroic Underbog. A few wipes from simple mistakes, nothing major. But on the last boss... no luck. It started with myself, druid healer, mage, rogue and something else that I don't remember. But we wiped two times or so and someone left (it was late, I don't remember who). But we brought another guild rogue, so it was 2 rogues, mage, myself and druid healer. We tried all sorts of strats.

Usually when I tank it on my other tank (yes, I have 2 tanks on the same server both Horde). Our strategy is usually just burn the boss down so fast that adds aren't any trouble. Apparently we didn't have the DPS for that. After 30 seconds or something, the place was filled with adds. I taunted what I could, consecrated over some, threw shield at one. We got raped. Then we tried having the rogues take down the addss while the mage and myself stayed on boss. That didn't work either. The rogue switched to her feral druid, we even replaced the healer with a shaman (actually skilled). Tried again, sham burned all of his cooldowns, we couldn't do it. Tried about 6 times at the least, one time we got him to 1%, then he 1 shot the mage who was the last one alive.

I tank this place flawlessly normally, but we had to call it and couldn't do the last boss. I don't think it was a tanking issue, I personally feel it was lack of DPS or something. Just looking for pointers or something, not sure. Lol. All I know is that it totally sucked. =P
Never try, never fail. If you succeed, you didn't set your goals high enough. Set low standards and you'll never be disappointed. - Optimism for the optimistic
thewarphrog

Postby Arcand » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:12 am

She's like that sometimes, spawning amazing numbers of adds, and little can be done about it. This is one of several reasons why I'm suspicious of people who call hUB an easy heroic.

If you hug the left wall when you pull her, it's possible to get her into the area where the ceiling is lower which makes the levitation suck a bit less.
Arcand

Postby thewarphrog » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:33 am

The levitation wasn't even the problem. It was adds/not the DPS I am use to.

But normally I do feel UB is one of the easiest heroics. On my druid, we would at least do SP and UB heroic every day because they're both so very easy without ever having any issues. It was just much different this time.

Oh well, we'll make more attempts and hope it doesn't suck as bad =)
Never try, never fail. If you succeed, you didn't set your goals high enough. Set low standards and you'll never be disappointed. - Optimism for the optimistic
thewarphrog

Postby antiy4ho0 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:51 am

I've found H UB to be pretty random. Sometimes you only get a few adds that are no problem at all. Other times you get tons and tons of adds and it turns into much more of a problem. Bad luck I guess?
antiy4ho0

Postby GothicPL » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:27 pm

Get better DPS, basically. Last boss is not an execution fight, it's a DPS race, as you can't control adds in any reasonable way. Use AW, drop SoC, and go all out on him very early, so that good DPS can burn him down quickly. Tell them to use their cooldowns 10 seconds into the fight.
GothicPL

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:50 pm

It's just an insane dps race. Pop all you have as soon as it's in consecration range, and tell your dps to go buckwild-shit-hitting-the-fan-boss-at-1%-tanks-dead style. Best you can do is taunt the adds off the healer...maybe ONCE.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics