Remove Advertisements

Chosing a group

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Chosing a group

Postby Mishdorf » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:39 am

What are the minimum requirements that people look for in chosing healers and dps in pugs? Is there a minimum AP/SD/+heal requirement that you impose.

Myself, I tend to see +1400 heals as the minimum required to heal me through a heroic. I tend to look at 800 as the mimum spell damage and somewhere in the vicinity of 1k-1.5k AP for physical classes.

Obviously I'm not fully geared yet (trying to get as many badges as possible at the moment, and also my gold to buy bracers of the green fortress) but here is my armoury.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &n=Orgaria
Mishdorf

Postby guillex » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:41 am

You know what? It depends on the player, and not so much their attributes.

You could have a +1000 healing priest who knows to proactively heal, and can heal you through most anything ... Then again you could have a +1600 healing priest who reactively heals and lets you die all the time because "you're too hard to heal."

Unfortunately, we can set minimums, but in the end, it's the player that makes the character, not the other way around.

Skill >>>>>>> Gear, sadly.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Cearn » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:51 am

i run the first few trashes and abandon if 80% of the party suck - otherwise just rotate your hopefully enourmous pool of willing heal and dps slaves

and to be precise: though skill is far more valuable than skill, just checking AP or SPD is plainly stupid, as crit is insanely useful as well!!!!!! no serious, classes differ in spd/ap to dps conversion.
Cearn

Postby sweeney » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:01 am

I've found that Armory'ing people to see if there's anything blatantly retarded about their spec or gearing choices is a better indicator than raw stats.

Plus, some people are just plain better at certain types of healing than others -- our MT healer for raids is not someone I will run a heroic with if I have any other choice whatsoever. +1800 heal, but he does not adapt well to unforseen situations and that is the kiss of death.

Two cute anecdotes about this fellow (I love the guy, but I have to share)

- Heroic SH, before I had the sense to skip glad packs -- "What does the Mortal Strike debuff do? These guys were hitting you really hard"

- Heroic Magister's Terrace, after a 3 hr festival of learning it on heroic. Last try before we quit and leave Kael up - "Do those orbs do something bad?" followed, i kid you not, 3 days later by linking Violet Signet in guildchat with "Hey, I bet this would be useful in that fight."

But if you give this guy a MT target with a raidboss beating on it, they will not die.
Sweeney: 80 Paladin, Runetotem
sweeney

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics