Fel Overseer Demons in SL

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Fel Overseer Demons in SL

Postby Balanor » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:41 am

I did a normal SL run with some friends on Saturday and noticed something new with the big Fel Overseer demons that patrol that long hall before the first boss. It seems their Intimidating Shout no longer drops agro from the tank. The couple times I got feared by the shout, the overseer chased me instead of someone else from the group.

And whats even odder is that unlike before, I didn't just cower in place, I was actually feared and running in the opposite direction from the healer :D

This must be new. Anyone else notice it?
Balanor
 
Posts: 184
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:44 am

Re: Fel Overseer Demons in SL

Postby Gimorth » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:06 am

Balanor wrote:I did a normal SL run with some friends on Saturday and noticed something new with the big Fel Overseer demons that patrol that long hall before the first boss. It seems their Intimidating Shout no longer drops agro from the tank. The couple times I got feared by the shout, the overseer chased me instead of someone else from the group.

And whats even odder is that unlike before, I didn't just cower in place, I was actually feared and running in the opposite direction from the healer :D

This must be new. Anyone else notice it?


This was a change to all non-player mobs with Intimidating shout. It was changes to be an ordinary fear on the current target. This is actually a huge change that greatly impacts our options in 5- mans
Gimorth
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:10 am

Re: Fel Overseer Demons in SL

Postby ldeboer » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:52 pm

Balanor wrote:I did a normal SL run with some friends on Saturday and noticed something new with the big Fel Overseer demons that patrol that long hall before the first boss. It seems their Intimidating Shout no longer drops agro from the tank. The couple times I got feared by the shout, the overseer chased me instead of someone else from the group.

And whats even odder is that unlike before, I didn't just cower in place, I was actually feared and running in the opposite direction from the healer :D

This must be new. Anyone else notice it?


They changed the fear mechanics as a global nerf its not special to this mob.

Before fear worked that any feared target had reduced agro (not sure how much) so if you got feared yes it would usually go for the next highest agro target. When the fear snapped you would be restored to top of the agro list and it would come back.

The change is that being feared does not reduce agro so yes it stays on you. It also seems predictable that when feared you run 180 degree from the direction you are facing.

So tank this mob now with your back to the wall but stand slightly away from it. You kind of bounce off the wall but really dont run very far. If you are right against wall you can get feared forward. Healers and dps stay at max range out of fear range ... kind of makes the fight trivial I dont like it.

edit: BTW nightbane in kara works same way now and tank can get feared dps just needs to pull back when its about to fear so they dont wear the tail or its breath and resume dps when tank has positioned it back. Before if tank got feared it proceeded to kill all the dps and healers :)
Image
Image
Image
ldeboer
 
Posts: 553
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:13 pm
Location: Perth Australia

Postby inthedrops » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:23 am

ldeboer,

While you're right about the changes to Fear, Fear and Intimidating Shout are two different things. Intimidating Shout used to incapacitate the tank which would cause the temporary loss in agro. As Gimorth stated, they changed the mechanic of Intimidating Shout to act as a Fear against the mobs target instead of an incapacitate.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1281
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:19 am

Postby Worldie » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:50 am

Actually they didn't change at all the mechanic of Intimidating shout.

They changed the skill, it's now Frightening Shout (for mobs)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13437
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Postby Ariashley » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:41 am

Note that I was getting feared so often by one of these I got feared through the wall, into a sky (somewhere) and fell to my death. Had a very difficult time trying to get these guys somewhere that I wasn't shoved into a corner so that didn't happen again.

WTB shaman for every SL group from now on.
Ariashala - Level 70 Tankadin
Ariashley - Level 70 Rogue
Image
Ariashley
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:26 pm

Postby inthedrops » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:04 pm

Ariashley wrote:Note that I was getting feared so often by one of these I got feared through the wall, into a sky (somewhere) and fell to my death. Had a very difficult time trying to get these guys somewhere that I wasn't shoved into a corner so that didn't happen again.

WTB shaman for every SL group from now on.


Lol, had that happen too.

Thanks for the correction Worldie!
inthedrops
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1281
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:19 am

Postby ldeboer » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:45 pm

inthedrops wrote:ldeboer,

While you're right about the changes to Fear, Fear and Intimidating Shout are two different things. Intimidating Shout used to incapacitate the tank which would cause the temporary loss in agro. As Gimorth stated, they changed the mechanic of Intimidating Shout to act as a Fear against the mobs target instead of an incapacitate.


Did these guys used to incapacitate tank because my main is mage I only ever remember them as fear bombs you used to sit right behind so you made sure you got feared with tanks cause they would 1 hit a mage until they nerfed slabs.

Kinda weird you now do the reverse sit as far off them as possible as a mage :)
Image
Image
Image
ldeboer
 
Posts: 553
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:13 pm
Location: Perth Australia


Return to 5 Mans / Heroics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest