Remove Advertisements

MgT normal/heroic FYI

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:51 pm

Traps are just behind sheep and ahead of seduction in my cc list. Sap is under all these.

In fact, I only really use sap to gain time and almost always it's not even necessary, just more organized because some people can't understand the concept of focus fire(gg wiping at Shade of Akama because I was overwhelmed with mobs).

It's also a good "cc whatever comes first" and my favorite to stop the naga if we have no sheep for Delrissa.

Warlock - mage - hunter - CirclePriest is my favorite setup for MrT
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Roulex » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:25 pm

...wait, just wait. This place on normal is as hard as some heroics? Um... how come I tanked it two nights ago at level 69 with the Engineering googles as my only epic and the healer being at kara/gruuls level gear? (Oh, and only 1 mage as our CC.) Not to brag, but this place isn't that hard on normal, especially if your group knows what they are doing. Heroic, on the other hand... I've cleared it several times on my rogue, and it definitely is one of the harder heroics, but not the hardest by a long shot.
Roulex

Postby Dorvan » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:09 pm

Roulex wrote:...wait, just wait. This place on normal is as hard as some heroics? Um... how come I tanked it two nights ago at level 69 with the Engineering googles as my only epic and the healer being at kara/gruuls level gear? (Oh, and only 1 mage as our CC.) Not to brag, but this place isn't that hard on normal, especially if your group knows what they are doing. Heroic, on the other hand... I've cleared it several times on my rogue, and it definitely is one of the harder heroics, but not the hardest by a long shot.

Saying it's as hard as one of the easier heroics seems pretty accurate to me. If your healer was able to keep your level 69 self up in MrT, they could probably do the same in Heroic SP.

Compared to pre-nerf heroics, heroic MrT might not have ranked that high...but at this point I'm not sure what you'd rank as harder.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Brickhouse » Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:03 pm

Roulex wrote:...wait, just wait. This place on normal is as hard as some heroics? Um... how come I tanked it two nights ago at level 69 with the Engineering googles as my only epic and the healer being at kara/gruuls level gear? (Oh, and only 1 mage as our CC.) Not to brag, but this place isn't that hard on normal, especially if your group knows what they are doing. Heroic, on the other hand... I've cleared it several times on my rogue, and it definitely is one of the harder heroics, but not the hardest by a long shot.

You are right, and I am wrong. I am so sorry for misleading people. Level 69 Tanks should just go there and equip up.

Or, post your mailing address, and I mail you a medal for being the worlds greatest WoW player.

Like already said, if this isn't the hardest heroic? What is? Slave pens? Mana-Tombs? Dark Portal? Arkatraz? What is SO by a long shot harder? =) Please enlighten us.

And, like I said, it is "not that hard" on the tank himself. Maybe instead of posting hate, perhaps go AoE tank Black Temple at 69. =) that surely is more fun?

In response to another post:

I am the OP, btw, that said Trap is quasi-CC, and the reason is thus: sheep AND sap simply require click on the target, and click on the ability. The dumbest of the dumb, can do it. Trapping requires 10% skill, which unfortunately, not every Hunter has. Do I hate on hunters? No, I love hunters and trappers. Freezing trap works nice. And, I wouldn't not take a hunter. They are just one tier down below Mages as far as the CC goes. You are right though, a SKILLED hunter is superior to all but a skilled Warlock in general CC-ing. Kiting, having pet tank something, freezing, re-freezing, so on and so forth.

Damn, I just try to help out, and spread some useful information, and everyone gets all Aggro. I don't even have my righteous fury on right now =(

I am not ashamed to admit that I have wiped many times, in normal and in heroic, and I am fully epic geared T5+. 90% of the time, I have gone with complete randoms, so that leads to that. But, part of the fun for me is leading groups through.

If you can go through at level 69 in greens and blues, then you are a better player than me. Congratulations.
Brickhouse

Postby BlackHand » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:17 am

The OP's guide is quite nice. Managed to 1 shot every boss on my first heroic run following it (did wipe on trash once or twice). And I got a new mace to replace the PvP one (not much of an upgrade if at all, but I was getting sick of my old one). Deffinetly farming this instance for the trinket and the SSO rep. Thanks for the info.
BlackHand

Previous

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics