Remove Advertisements

Arcatraz

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Arcatraz

Postby Catarine » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:59 am

I'm tanking my first trip through Arcatraz tonight. The group is guildmates who are all capable. Holy/Disc priest, Shadow priest, rogue, arc mage.

My profile is here fwiw.

Anything particularly tricky abuot this instance? I've read up on the boss fights as described on ampwow and wowhead.

Thanks.
Catarine

Postby Lore » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:12 am

As far as the boss fights go, there really isn't anything that Paladin tanks need to particularly watch out for. Most of the bosses are demons, so aggro gen should be simple enough. So long as you know the boss strategies and your group is solid, you should be fine.

The last boss is a complete and utter pain no matter who you're there with, though. I hate him.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Endure » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:17 am

Lore wrote:The last boss is a complete and utter pain no matter who you're there with, though. I hate him.

That being said, a 40 yard taunt let's me taunt the copy over to me.

God, I love that taunt.
Endure of Crimson
http://www.crimson-guild.org
0/49/12
Endure

Postby Catarine » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:29 am

Thanks, guys. Any trash mobs of note?
Catarine

Postby Lore » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:33 am

The infernals before the last boss will make you hate not only Arcatraz, but anything else that your mind associates with Arcatraz.

The invisible Succubi before the second two bosses are pretty annoying unless you have a warlock or maybe an elixir of detect lesser invisibility (not sure if that works on them or not). On one run, we actually had a mage use his own invisibility to see them and pull them back to us. I'd drop a consecrate in the doorway to make sure they aggroed onto me and not him, cuz they tend to wreck clothies.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Catarine » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:44 am

Great advice, thank you.
Catarine

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics