Remove Advertisements

Bubbling through Pyro

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Lowgrus » Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:24 am

deleted post becuase of accidental double post.
Last edited by Lowgrus on Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lowgrus

Postby Lowgrus » Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:25 am

Mordinm wrote:
Lowgrus wrote:Will someone else please squash this. Divine shield is not an aggro dump first off as I hope the rest of you know. I've always been able to bubble through pyroblast even the one on kaelthas in TK. I mean maybe I'm just a heroi cbadge whore but and do to many to count every day but....

When a mob targets another mob to heal, and you kill that mob that the other mob was trying to heal guess what happens....

The mob that was healing still continue to cast its heal and it just fails at the end of cast, becuase it doesn't switch targets. Yeah dead serious. Once you have someone targeted with a spell you can't just switch targets and expect that spell to go to them doesn't make since and is improper game mechanics.

If anything I'd say you bubbled before he started casting pyroblast becuase you got freaked out when you saw shockbarrier that would do it. IF you bubble before he starts to cast he'll target someone else. or on the 5 man boss or 25 man boss a fireball can kill them if your not quick to declick bubble after the pyroblast.

Mobs are not players and can do many things that palyers cannot. See dodging from behind, dazing and landing crushing blows.

In fact in your example if a mob is trying to heal and you kill his heal target early enough he will switch targets without breaking his cast and his heal will go off on another mob. It does take a small amount of time for the mob to switch targets so if you bubble near the end of the cast the pyro will still be cast at you.

BAM guess you need to learn game mechanics :D. cause i just tried this to and not a single heal got off :D. So in short bubble works on pyro.
Lowgrus

Postby 2ndNin » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:26 am

As a confirmation bubble works, hit it about 50% through his cast (too early and you can lose it due to lag and strange server gimmicks, so no "dbm says pyro, hit", as the warning appears before the cast).

The fireball right after you can't taunt him back, in Heroic Kael is untauntable (changed in 2.4.3 on ptr) so someone eats that fireball if its not interrupted.
[url=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria]Armoury Link
[/url]
2ndNin

Previous

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics