Remove Advertisements

Bubbling through Pyro

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Lookit » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:55 am

Garov wrote:You sir, are a much braver man than I. I would never pug heroic magisters.

Well, I have a good friend who is an awesome healer. With her and I covering tanking & healing, we can round up pretty much any scrubs from LFG and have a nice smooth run :)

Seloei wrote:But... he is taunt immune (will become non immune in 2.4.2)

I believe that is only the normal version. On Heroic he will remain untauntable.
Lookit

Postby Zeruvar » Sun May 04, 2008 2:11 am

Never did know about the pyro... til I ate one my first time tanking him earlier in Heroic MgT.

Before, Id run MgT as ret since my friend pally was better geared. Since Gearing up myself, and after a long day of heroic runs, my guildies decided to end the night with a heroic Mgt with me tanking. So i try and handle the situation as best I can. (which wasnt too bad, considering I had to spend 2 full Repairs on my first SLabs and Arc heroic tanking XD while here I just messed up enough times to warrant one full repair)

But the Kael fight was just surprising. Had about 15k hp with buffs, but when I see him hitting me with 4k-5k fireballs, I was close to panicking. And then suddenly, it all ended. I was lying on the floor, with a huge 40010 damage scrolling above me. Healer tells me, Uh oh Pyro. :(

So next fight, I pay more attention to his cast bar. Still get hit by nasty fireballs, when suddenly I see pyroblast casting again. Not knowing how to survive a hit like that again, I tried one last trick. Decided to bubble right before he finishes casting (which apparently was the way to do it) Made it, and got him down to 50% (sigh of relief)

Oh and I got killing blow while chucking hammers lol
Zeruvar

Postby Cosmoz » Mon May 05, 2008 2:16 pm

once you have PVE epic geared DPS in your group, you will never se a pyro again. if people come with PVP gear, or blues, then kael will have time to cast his pyro. With good gear, he will be below 50% HP befor he even starts casting it.
Cosmoz

Postby Lowgrus » Mon May 12, 2008 4:23 pm

Will someone else please squash this. Divine shield is not an aggro dump first off as I hope the rest of you know. I've always been able to bubble through pyroblast even the one on kaelthas in TK. I mean maybe I'm just a heroi cbadge whore but and do to many to count every day but....

When a mob targets another mob to heal, and you kill that mob that the other mob was trying to heal guess what happens....

The mob that was healing still continue to cast its heal and it just fails at the end of cast, becuase it doesn't switch targets. Yeah dead serious. Once you have someone targeted with a spell you can't just switch targets and expect that spell to go to them doesn't make since and is improper game mechanics.

If anything I'd say you bubbled before he started casting pyroblast becuase you got freaked out when you saw shockbarrier that would do it. IF you bubble before he starts to cast he'll target someone else. or on the 5 man boss or 25 man boss a fireball can kill them if your not quick to declick bubble after the pyroblast.
Lowgrus

Postby kensanity » Mon May 12, 2008 6:36 pm

Lowgrus wrote:Will someone else please squash this. Divine shield is not an aggro dump first off as I hope the rest of you know. I've always been able to bubble through pyroblast even the one on kaelthas in TK. I mean maybe I'm just a heroi cbadge whore but and do to many to count every day but....

When a mob targets another mob to heal, and you kill that mob that the other mob was trying to heal guess what happens....

The mob that was healing still continue to cast its heal and it just fails at the end of cast, becuase it doesn't switch targets. Yeah dead serious. Once you have someone targeted with a spell you can't just switch targets and expect that spell to go to them doesn't make since and is improper game mechanics.

If anything I'd say you bubbled before he started casting pyroblast becuase you got freaked out when you saw shockbarrier that would do it. IF you bubble before he starts to cast he'll target someone else. or on the 5 man boss or 25 man boss a fireball can kill them if your not quick to declick bubble after the pyroblast.

Thank you as i totally agree with this view of thinking and have always understood game mechanics to work that way
kensanity

Postby Racerover » Tue May 13, 2008 9:39 pm

You're all doing it wrong. I've done this several times. Just bubble right as the cast is about to go off. It will display as immune in your combat log.

/cast Divine Shield
/cancelaura

Learn to love this macro.
Racerover

Postby Mordinm » Wed May 14, 2008 9:16 am

Lowgrus wrote:Will someone else please squash this. Divine shield is not an aggro dump first off as I hope the rest of you know. I've always been able to bubble through pyroblast even the one on kaelthas in TK. I mean maybe I'm just a heroi cbadge whore but and do to many to count every day but....

Mobs are not players and can do many things that palyers cannot. See dodging from behind, dazing and landing crushing blows.

In fact in your example if a mob is trying to heal and you kill his heal target early enough he will switch targets without breaking his cast and his heal will go off on another mob. It does take a small amount of time for the mob to switch targets so if you bubble near the end of the cast the pyro will still be cast at you.
Mordinm

Postby Cearn » Wed May 14, 2008 9:33 am

Mordinm wrote:[...]In fact in your example if a mob is trying to heal and you kill his heal target early enough he will switch targets without breaking his cast and his heal will go off on another mob.[...]

In doubt! Evidence please!
Cearn

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed May 14, 2008 9:46 am

Master Trick for bubbling through his pyro: Run Away!
By gaining distance, you gain about half a second for the spell to land.
I operate under average-high latency(500ms~) due to distance and international traffic, so it may change for you, but for me, running away before bubbling made it work for me. If I just stood there the pyro would either hit me anyway or hit someone else.

Run away, bubble at half the cast time, win. He'll shoot a fireball at someone else anyway. They won't kill.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Mordinm » Wed May 14, 2008 10:24 am

Cearn wrote:

And how exactly would I post evidence? It's not exactly condusive to being proved with a screen shot and I don't know how to make a video of it. Go test it out for yourself. Get 2 mobs down to 10% or so and then go pull a Blood Knight with an AS or some other damaging attack. Proceeded to assit and one shot the blood knights heal target and watch the other mob get healed.
Mordinm

Postby jere » Wed May 14, 2008 10:32 am

All I know is when I bubble through Pyro, he doesn't swap targets until after it is cast. I cancel bubble and he swaps back to me. I do this all the time without issue.
jere

Postby Lowgrus » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:09 am

/agree
Lowgrus

Postby Catriona » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:56 am

Cearn wrote:
Mordinm wrote:[...]In fact in your example if a mob is trying to heal and you kill his heal target early enough he will switch targets without breaking his cast and his heal will go off on another mob.[...]

Yeah, I watch those stupid blood knights on the Isle continue casting on a mob that I've killed already, and the cast just fails at the end. It doesn't land on any other mobs (themselves included). I don't think you're correct here.
Stonemaul
Catriona - holy priest / Chivalry - prot paladin / Spirallis - marks hunter / Daiya - destro lock
Catriona

Postby MrDuck » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:37 pm

Questioner wrote:
Robin de tolens wrote:Kael Thas is a mob, not a player. Even if you set your bubble a millisecond before he casts his pyro, he would still change his target. That's why you have to either bubble ~2sec before the cast and taunt , or step back and bubble after he's casted his pyro.

This is the first time I have heard of this, and I've tanked through Illidan, so I would have to disagree. :D

Although I will be honest, I've never had Kael cast his pyro so it could happen I suppose.
I haven't tanked anything past kara,but i actually tanked Kael in MGT and had him cast pyro,and once it happened to me that he killed a shadowpriest,once from maybe 20times he tried pyro on me. The reason was simple,he was above me on threat. Not sure how does Kael change targets,he seems to stay on tank when casting,but whenever i had some threat over others in party,i always ate the pyro with my bubble(once without,hurts=>pewpew :p), and the single one time,when a shadowpriest had more threat than i did,he ate the pyro,nothing much to figure for me :p
MrDuck

Postby EvilNuff » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:31 pm

Mordinm wrote:
Cearn wrote:

And how exactly would I post evidence? It's not exactly condusive to being proved with a screen shot and I don't know how to make a video of it. Go test it out for yourself. Get 2 mobs down to 10% or so and then go pull a Blood Knight with an AS or some other damaging attack. Proceeded to assit and one shot the blood knights heal target and watch the other mob get healed.

Been there, tried that, heal failed so I have to disagree with you.
EvilNuff

PreviousNext

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics