Remove Advertisements

Bubbling through Pyro

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Eltiana » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:49 pm

Robin de tolens wrote:Theoretically, the bubble makes you lose aggro, so I would say he'd change his target once you put it on, but i might be wrong, as I have never tried.

Nevertheless, I've already seen mobs just target another player or my pet (when I'm on my lock) and just before the end of the cast, target me and cast the spell on me.
Anyway... a mob shouldn't be able to change the spell target, since players cannot :evil:
You are wrong. I have bubbled very early through the pyroblast(practically when the raid warning pops up) and considering no one else died, I assume it was still aimed at me when he fired it.

As was explained to me, Bubble, doesn't make you lose aggro by itself, but after hitting you and finding you immune, they change targets.
Eltiana

Postby GothicPL » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:56 pm

Robin de tolens wrote:Kael Thas is a mob, not a player. Even if you set your bubble a millisecond before he casts his pyro, he would still change his target. That's why you have to either bubble ~2sec before the cast and taunt , or step back and bubble after he's casted his pyro.

Just curious, why people step back when bubbling through pyro? What does stepping back achieve?
GothicPL

Postby Robin de tolens » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:01 pm

GothicPL wrote:Just curious, why people step back when bubbling through pyro? What does stepping back achieve?

The pyro does not instantly hit you, so that allows you to bubble after the spell has been cast. But as it seems bubbling doens't make you lose aggro, it's not useful (sorry for my ignorance about this specific thing ;) )
Krahla - 80 Warlock
Elemmírë - 70 Priest
Veljen - 25 Shaman
The reliable protection of the horseman is DONKEY of the bathroom
Robin de tolens

Postby Lalecize » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:28 pm

Strange I have bubbled through it on every run standing in melee range as soon as I notice he is casting it and not had a problem!
Lalecize

Postby Sysse » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:01 pm

He will change target if you bubble during the cast, the pyro however, is aimed at you, and will hit you.
Sysse

Postby Lookit » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:44 pm

I've tanked heroic MgT probably 12 or so times, and my experience has always been the same: if I bubble while he's casting pyroblast, it will hit someone else. However, it's fairly easy to just start strafing away from him the moment he begins casting it, and then bubble after it leaves his hands. That has worked for me every time. Forewarn your dps that they should interrupt his next fireball after the pyro, as that will most likely be aimed at someone else.

Also, is he immune to taunt? I thought I got the immune message the last time I tried to taunt him.
Lookit

Postby Dunkan » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:21 pm

Last night i always got my bubble on time for the first pyro, but the shield was on CD for the second.

We were always at 60ish % for the second bubble. What gives? If i am reading right, that should not have happened that way.
Khaz'goroth Oceanic
Dunkan

Postby kensanity » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:47 pm

Dunkan wrote:Last night i always got my bubble on time for the first pyro, but the shield was on CD for the second.

We were always at 60ish % for the second bubble. What gives? If i am reading right, that should not have happened that way.

so he casts pyro to u prior to 60% and then again when u hit 60%?

if that is the case, it just seems like a lack of dps.

idk tho,
kensanity

Postby Lookit » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:25 pm

Dunkan wrote:Last night i always got my bubble on time for the first pyro, but the shield was on CD for the second.

He casts the first pyro exactly 1 minute into the fight, regardless of his health.

In every group I've ever been in, he either didn't have time to cast the first pyro before the 50% gravity lapse, or the gravity lapse occured within 15 seconds or so of the first pyro.

If you're encountering 2 pyro's, your dps really needs to step it up.
Lookit

Postby Cosmoz » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:45 pm

if you get decent dps, he will be below 50% hp befor he even starts casting pyro, witch results in phase 2, and he wont cast pyro at all.
Cosmoz

Postby Dorvan » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:16 pm

Yeah, it's hard for me to fathom getting to Kael in H MgT and DPS'ing so slow that you get 2 pyros. I'm generally used to getting him below 50% before we get one, makes the fight a lot simpler :P

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Hankthetank » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:32 pm

Questioner wrote:
Robin de tolens wrote:Kael Thas is a mob, not a player. Even if you set your bubble a millisecond before he casts his pyro, he would still change his target. That's why you have to either bubble ~2sec before the cast and taunt , or step back and bubble after he's casted his pyro.

This is the first time I have heard of this, and I've tanked through Illidan, so I would have to disagree. :D

Although I will be honest, I've never had Kael cast his pyro so it could happen I suppose.

I believe he means change his target for the 2nd Pyroblast (in case you have a group with really really really bad DPS, or sucks at interrupts)
Hankthetank

Postby Lookit » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:45 pm

Hankthetank wrote:
Questioner wrote:

This is the first time I have heard of this, and I've tanked through Illidan, so I would have to disagree. :D

Although I will be honest, I've never had Kael cast his pyro so it could happen I suppose.

I believe he means change his target for the 2nd Pyroblast (in case you have a group with really really really bad DPS, or sucks at interrupts)

No, he means that if you bubble while Kael is casting Pyroblast, it will sometimes hit someone else. I've observed this twice. I've also seen him *not* change targets and have the Pyro hit me, which of course is ideal since I'm immune to it. I couldn't say why he changes targets sometimes, and why he sometimes doesn't.

I do know that the guaranteed way to bubble through the pyroblast is to run away from him as soon as he begins casting it, and then bubble once the spell has been cast but before it hits you. That always impresses the pugs ;)
Lookit

Postby Garov » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:15 pm

I've found if i bubble earlier than the middle of his cast he'll destroy someone. I've started bubbling with 3/4 of his castbar done and it's worked like a charm everytime. It always makes me nervous tho, since my target of target goes blank right as I bubble, and then he selects me again when I cancel it. And yeah, 2 pyros? Never seen that ever. I think I might go ballistic on people if their dps was that slow.

Lookit wrote:That always impresses the pugs ;)

You sir, are a much braver man than I. I would never pug heroic magisters.
Garov

Postby Seloei » Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:56 am

he pyros? O.o

Never seen it, then again i used to be picky who i took there, only people i knew how can "grasp" the scope of things and not stand around there with no idea wtf they are doing.

But... he is taunt immune (will become non immune in 2.4.2)
Seloei

PreviousNext

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics