Remove Advertisements

Kael is insanely hard

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Arcand » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:14 am

Snake-Aes wrote:I heard the bubbling doesn't work

Worked beautifully last night. I had a group who for some reason didn't realize I'd be able to, and the leader was emphasizing to everyone that they had to hammer down that shield or I'd get annihilated.

"We have to drop the shield or he'll pyroblast Arc for 47,000."
"Actually if all goes well, he'll pyroblast me for Immune."
Arcand

Postby Ocin » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:10 am

2ndNin wrote:Bubble works, wait till he is part way through cast, put it on, drop it as soon as you get hit (he normally starts throwing fireballs right afterwards, so if you are bubbled a dps gets smashed).

Bubble makes this fight stupidly easy, there is actually no challenge at all in this part if you use that.

yeah...i had a hard time getting aggro back right away and lost our healer. i need to work on the timing. BoP didn't work on her either as he kept hitting her.
Ocin

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:15 am

Ocin wrote:BoP didn't work on her either as he kept hitting her.

BoP is not for spells, that's what happened.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby farmerjohn » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:01 pm

Aye, I had my face melted with a 45k pyroblast. I had to double check my combat log to make sure I wasn't too drunk. :lol:
I'll need an unlimited supply of Xena tapes and Hotpockets
farmerjohn

Postby fudomyou » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:41 pm

In our run through MrT last night he didn't actually put up the shield - it went phoenix, flame strike, gravity lapse.

Is the shield/pyro based on percent or time? We were doing some pretty solid dps on that part, but I seriously didn't see him doing anything like the shield/pyro.
fudomyou
Maintankadonor

Postby Arcand » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:44 pm

I've had him not do it as well.

It probably becomes an option for him at a certain health %, and if you get him from there to 50% fast enough he might never get around to it.
Arcand

Postby 2ndNin » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:03 pm

Its time i believe, about 30-1min.
[url=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria]Armoury Link
[/url]
2ndNin

Postby Khayne » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:09 pm

also i dont know if i´m just strange but seems some people are really scared of being in buble too long after the pyro.

i rather be surely immune to the pyro, and let 1 fireball get to a dps (it´s below 5k, it wont kill even the squishies mage) than debubble too soon and die myself :) .

Personally i find in pugs the difficulty thus far has been
2nd boss/3rd (depends on group and adds)>4th>1st
Khayne

Postby Willy-Willy » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:29 am

I'll be very frank with you... The only time I saw Kael was with 1 Holy Paladin, 1 Rogue and 2 Mages (Fire & Frost); Kael died very fast, I never knew what happened... Besides floating around and maneuvering around those bubbles, the DPS played their part so well, I don't know what they did right so I can teach the other ones who are doing wrong. It's all a mystery to me.

Any other party, I never even reached Kael (I've been to MgT about... 7, maybe 8 times) - I'm a nervous wreck whenever I hear the "Pala n00b, you don't know how to tank; you take too much dmg"... As if spell-dmg would be mitigated by armour or block ratings... Anyway, nothing good appears to drop, so I won't be going back anytime soon.

Edit: Going there on Heroic mode is far from my mind atm... Though the two items Snake listed are valuable, I doubt they will be worth the effort - time, repair costs, nerves of steel etc - without an organised group (I'm PUGing it)
Last edited by Willy-Willy on Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
'The world is grown so bad, that wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.'
Willy-Willy

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:36 am

Cudgel of Consecration and Commendation of Kael'thas are the only items you'll want from there, prot-wise.

And yeah, this instance's bosses require, all of them, smart dps. They all play roles other than omgwtfpewpewpew
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby ehly » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:06 am

Snake-Aes wrote:And yeah, this instance's bosses require, all of them, smart dps. They all play roles other than omgwtfpewpewpew

Yup, this has been the only issue I have had in this instance, especially with the Kael fight. I did get pawned by a pyro once so far, but the overall problems have always been dps classes not moving enough in the gravity phase. I have watch the orbs (that I call the 'omfgmove orbs' now) go right upto mages and the like and nuke them while they try to squeeze in every last cast.

As long as the dps is smart, in all honestly I find the KT fight to be one of the easiest in the instance.
ehly

Postby Amirya » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:03 am

I hate this place.

Can't run it with my guild, I think we're simply not geared enough. Or else they're totally spoiled by me saying, "Let me get aggro, then go to wtftown on them."

Healadin friend begged me to go today (my off day from tanking), and promised a great group (him, me, hunter, two warlocks). Definitely interesting.

We had one complete wipe between bosses 2 and 3 (hunter couldn't get her mark into her trap, mob kept ignoring her, and he interrupted our healer and smote us hard).

Boss three is a BITCH. By the time she said her last line, everyone had died except for me - and they were all running back. I was last one standing with about 2k health or so...blew a mana potion, a health potion, a healthstone, and LoH. Honestly figured it was a wipe when the healer went down (warlock and hunter went down, warlock went down, healer went down...). And to make it worse, we had the worst possible group I could think of to face off: the warrior, the rogue, the warlock, the hunter...and her. GAH.

Kael, by comparison, was cake. Warlock and hunter died during gravity phase, healadin died somewhere in there, but he was SS'ed, so the other warlock and I just smoked Kael.

Much as I hate CC, you WILL need it. Just suck it up, eat the CC, nail their balls to the place.

And curse the sadist at Blizzard who thought of this special little hell called Magister's Terrace.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Zeels » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:20 am

Cleared heroic for first time yesterday. Had 4 wipes on kael before finally getting him down. Having at least 2 CC for heroic is recommended.

On kael i used bubble to pervent pyroblast
Had around 330ish fire resistance and was crittable (he still hits like a girl)
By the Power of Grey Skull!

Lvl 80 Spanks you very much Spankadin!

Spank
Zeels

Postby Worldie » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:33 am

I strongly discourage using FR on Kael, it's almost useless since you don't look like being able to resist fireballs.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Khayne » Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:05 am

Worldie wrote:I strongly discourage using FR on Kael, it's almost useless since you don't look like being able to resist fireballs.

qft.

use the fire res. aura still though, as fire res. does seem to affect phoenixes damage output and there´s no other aura that´d help your group more.

and on 3rd boss i see the hardness as directly related to "how many of the warrior and 2 rogues and shaman are there"

engineer and hunter can be feared by us or as i often have a lock, lock can banish that one and fear a 2nd mob.

mage casts blizzard that hits no one alot.
warlock damage is lower than the melees in there and dont do as nasty spell pushback/interrupts/MS.

while warrior MS´s (and intercepts around doing lots of damage), rogues interrupt alot and rip clothies apart, and having another healer in there which also drops WF for those melees aint fun either.
Khayne

PreviousNext

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics