Remove Advertisements

magisters terrace?

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby GothicPL » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:13 pm

If you have Violet Badge, wear it on the second and last boss fights. Kael's Orb damage can be partially resisted, unlike his fireballs - I've never seen them resist.

Equip Medallion of the Horde for the third fight and whenever seducing mobs are present. I just keep it equipped full time in my heroic set, as I don't always remember which mobs stun/fear/MC/seduce.
GothicPL

Postby sbeacher » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:17 pm

This instance seems to be Blizzard slapping all the pally tanks (and pally healer's for that matter) into line after getting maybe a bit too cocky at being able to own every other instance.

You have to suck it up and use as much cc as you can otherwise it just makes it way harder than it needs to be.

I do like the fact that they at least threw us a bone by letting us do actual DPS on the second boss. If I get 4 or 5 of those debuffs stacked on me and throw up AW (which is a bit scary cause then you can't bubble to remove them) I can hit 5k judgements and 6k hammers.

More than a few times I've been the last person left alive finishing the boss off from 8% or whatever.
sbeacher

Postby 2ndNin » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:39 am

Umm, pally tanks rock for this instance, we don't use more than 1cc normally.

Pally healers also rock, they let you do the very slow plan on the 2nd boss, are tough for the third boss, on the first boss any healer can spam through the aoe and for Kael the combo of pally tank + pally healer works very nicely (tank can keep up 1 dps, healer 2 + themselves, and we can both bubble through 40% of a lapse :D).

Its not anti-paladin, its anti-bad-paladin. Its not the easiest if you approach it with the spam dps, win plan, if you approach it like its meant to be approached then it is a beautiful and challenging instance.
[url=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria]Armoury Link
[/url]
2ndNin

Postby ldeboer » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:42 pm

sbeacher wrote:This instance seems to be Blizzard slapping all the pally tanks (and pally healer's for that matter) into line after getting maybe a bit too cocky at being able to own every other instance.

You have to suck it up and use as much cc as you can otherwise it just makes it way harder than it needs to be.

I do like the fact that they at least threw us a bone by letting us do actual DPS on the second boss. If I get 4 or 5 of those debuffs stacked on me and throw up AW (which is a bit scary cause then you can't bubble to remove them) I can hit 5k judgements and 6k hammers.

More than a few times I've been the last person left alive finishing the boss off from 8% or whatever.

You think its hard for a pally tank try going in as a warrior tank or a real challenge a feral tank.... have a read of there forums :)

The instance just hasn't been nerfed yet .. it's like slabs before they nerfed it back.

If you want easy mode take a well geared shadow priest and a cc (mage or lock) thats about it.

Shadows are amazing they can MC stuff and you dont have to worry about consecrate and if they have close to 1000 spell dmg they can actually vamp embrace tank any of the adds if need be.

The 3rd boss the shadow priests are fantastic they come out of shadow form they dot,fear,2nd heals,shield.

I love coming into groups for MgT with shadow priests I get a warm glow inside :)
ldeboer

Postby xstrykr » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:50 pm

ldeboer wrote:I love coming into groups for MgT with shadow priests I get a warm glow inside :)

Being a Shadow priest as my main, I have to say that I give just about all tankadins (aside from myself, of course) that warm and fuzzy feeling inside.

A good SPriest should know when an MC is useful over straight up DPS. It's a little harder for a holy priest to do it; the last pull right before Kael is a cakewalk if you have a SPriest to thin the group out.

And it's not just anti-bad-paladin, it's anti-bad-player. It's meant to be extremely challenging, and will make short work of anyone not prepped for it. Hell, my first time through it, it took me nearly half an hour to figure out what works and what didn't - and this was all in the first room. Granted, I had run it with a group where only one person had run it before. At least he talks enough on Vent for it to matter. I would have hated for him to type everything out.
xstrykr

Postby Andox » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:52 pm

Its not a anti paladin instance imo, you dont have to use CC at all. I´ve ran it with this setup once;

*Me tanking
*Holydin
*Ele shammy
*Ele shammy
*MS warrior

As you can see no CC at all, but still one of the smoothest runs ever. The DPS on bosses was instance, 2 Heroisms and 2 elementals. NOt to forget, also 8 totems!
Andox

Postby ldeboer » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:01 pm

Andox wrote:Its not a anti paladin instance imo, you dont have to use CC at all. I´ve ran it with this setup once;

*Me tanking
*Holydin
*Ele shammy
*Ele shammy
*MS warrior

As you can see no CC at all, but still one of the smoothest runs ever. The DPS on bosses was instance, 2 Heroisms and 2 elementals. NOt to forget, also 8 totems!

Yeah I agree the whole suggestion its anti paladin is naf its no easier for a warrior or druid.

The problem is they are all casters so its not like a simple melee multi tank run in drop consecrate begin killing.

You either

a) Use CC to reduce down the number to be tanked
b) Make good use of LOS to bunch them up so you can consecrate and kill
c) Take classes that can tank them by themselves

I love the instance it actually teaches you to tank rather than become a run in AOE tank and spank bot.

So I think of it more as a Tank retard check and yeah some pally tanks will have a hard time of it and there are plenty of druids and warriors in same boat.
ldeboer

Postby 2ndNin » Thu May 01, 2008 7:57 am

:( I failed the tank retard check :(

CC the mage guard, after that its just a high damage instance like tanking SH backwards, its amazingly fun and so not anti-paladin, each time I go with a warrior tank I find this place so much harder than when I tank it.
[url=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria]Armoury Link
[/url]
2ndNin

Postby ehly » Thu May 01, 2008 8:20 am

I have really enjoyed MgT so far. Besides the annoying princess fight, all I ever use is 1 cc max. LoS pulling + AoE tanking is win on heroic and normal. I never have any problems with the trash. I hear horror stories from the warriors about specific pulls, which I have never had issues with.

Since I started slapping some all resist on the arcane fight and taking most the early sparks myself that fight has been cake. The 5v5 can be annoying depending on the luck of what spawned verse which CC you have with you.
ehly

Postby Fahsky » Thu May 01, 2008 9:02 am

ehly wrote:The 5v5 can be annoying depending on the luck of what spawned verse which CC you have with you.

Exactly. >_< I've found that sometimes, it'll be super-duper easy (getting the hunter & monk elf guy) or WTFinsane (warrior, shammy & rogue D: ). It just seems a little bit unfair, but I still somehow have fun on it, even when I'm in a group that wipes four or so times. lol

Also, I recently threw together a Ret set, & found that me helping out DPS instead of standing around in my healing set was way more fun & helpful. :3
Fahsky

Postby Zeruvar » Fri May 02, 2008 7:09 am

I've yet to actually tank mgt, but ive been to some runs with paly tank and a warrior tank (dpsed as Ret).

Looking at other peoples gear that tanked it, i guess i should be able to. Unless I fail the tank retard check XD

Im gonna try it soon, since im hurting for trinkets, still using dabiris enigma or adamantite figurine. Plus the random plate drops for my offspecs wouldnt hurt.
Zeruvar

Postby Cearn » Fri May 02, 2008 10:14 am

Fahsky wrote:Exactly. >_< I've found that sometimes, it'll be super-duper easy (getting the hunter & monk elf guy) or WTFinsane (warrior, shammy & rogue D: ). It just seems a little bit unfair, but I still somehow have fun on it, even when I'm in a group that wipes four or so times. lol

Just wanted to state the easiest setup of hunter, ingi and both clothies to be possible. °_°

Wanted to state the hardest setup of Rogue, Shaman and both Warriors is possible as well. °_°
Cearn

Postby Wyleai » Mon May 05, 2008 10:17 pm

sbeacher wrote:This instance seems to be Blizzard slapping all the pally tanks (and pally healer's for that matter) into line after getting maybe a bit too cocky at being able to own every other instance.

A few days after 2.4 went live I went to MrT on my resto druid with a holy priest, 2 random DPS, and a tankadin.

First pull was rough, we used CC. Came back and the paladin got the idea to just AoE grind everything in sight, no CC. We were looking at Kael less than 20 minutes later.

I say, this is the perfect instance to not use CC, but to show off your LoS pulling skills. I can't wait until my paladin has enough gear to go and tank that place, I plan to do it AoE style.
Wyleai

Postby Discus » Tue May 06, 2008 8:55 am

>I failed the tank retard check

Me too, well we completed it eventually but the amount of criticism I got from the couple of full epic PuGs who joined us was a severe confidence dent.

It seems, in my realm at least, we are left with mainly hardcore epic players who take WoW way too seriously.
Discus

Postby Kelaan » Tue May 06, 2008 9:24 am

Wyleai wrote:I say, this is the perfect instance to not use CC, but to show off your LoS pulling skills. I can't wait until my paladin has enough gear to go and tank that place, I plan to do it AoE style.

Emphasis on GEAR. ;) Because about half of almost every pull is a caster, you have very little mitigation against them. As such, you probably want very good gear (lots of stamina ;)), and a healer who can heal you through the apocalypse. If either of you are starting out, you might have a hard time with it. (That said, there were times when I felt that I could have survived one more mob beating on me, but didn't want to risk a wipe if I was wrong.)
Kelaan

PreviousNext

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics