magisters terrace?

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Sarutankah » Sat May 24, 2008 5:51 pm

I aoe tank it - los all pulls (shield then exorcise imp usually kills it) then just try to remember to move out of debuff bubbles.

The only thing that can make it hard is retard dps that stand in the wrong place and pull something before it gets into consecrate.

Last pull makes me vomit though - that ethereal guy hurts :(

Definately doable(aoe style) with just blue quest/ah/rep gear.
Sarutankah

Postby drizzy » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:06 am

I've got stuck on that last trash pack a couple of times now. I'm yet to figure out which to CC and which to kill fast.

Naga - chain lightning hurts?
Bloodknight - healing is bad, dot is not good
Succubus - kill it first to stop seduces?
Ethereal guy - Bloody aoe
Mage guard - spell damage reduction shield? :(
Warlock - meh

I had a group with me tanking, resto shammy, ele shammy, mage and rogue. So 2 CC and the mage was pretty good at resheeping. Blitzed through the whole instance up until this point (even 3rd boss with warrior + rogue). We mixed up the sap/seduces a fair bit for about 30mins before it got too late to continue.

The restoshammy had about 1200 + healing, 230/61 mana regen (looking at armory).

Generally finding this last pull harder than any of the heroics I've done so far. I haven't tanked much in the past year (moved regions for a bit) so it maybe it was just a retarded tank problem. My sig lies - I'm back from retirement :P
drizzy - Retired until Blizzard introduce cross-region transfers
Grilloz - Sometimes I tank, sometimes I spank
drizzy

Postby rabbel » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:24 pm

Have had struggles with that group too, now i usually do it this way, even on heroic:

- Blood Knight: First target, throws a very large heal and generally _hurts_.
- Succubus: More annoying than dangerous, you can stun her to break seduce, if you yourself get seduced you won't lose aggro. Second target usually, because not much of a threat
- Warlock: Always CC. They just hurt. Sheep preferrably
- Magister: CC, but lower priority than the Warlock. Sheep preferrably.
- Naga: CC if available and not used on either Warlock or Magister. Usually sapped.
- Mage Guard: If you have a spare CC, use it. Otherwise they don't really pose much of a threat, move out of their bubble and they won't do anything. The glaive throw is just like seduce more annoying than dangerous.
- Physician: Never, never ever let him and the Blood Knight get out of CC at the same time. If there is a Blood Knight, we CC the Physician. If there isn't one, he is first target. His Poison can easily be cleansed, and he melees like a girl.
- Ethereal Guy: Well, most of the times the famous last one, who doesn't get any CC because we used it on the more dangerous or annoying mobs. His Nova hurts a fair bit, but he can be stunned during the cast and only does it every other minute. Besides his Nova, which can be interrupted or avoided by moving away he is the least dangerous of them all.

We ran that instance countless times on heroic in the past weeks with these assignments, and it worked very well for us. Record is around 40 minutes from first pull to Kael'thas biting the dust.
rabbel

Postby Losbullitt » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:49 am

^ used that method in taking the last mob out, although had to switch the order because of personel issues but worked. Thanks!
Losbullitt

Postby Seipoc » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:57 am

Could just AoE tank the last pull, that's always fun
Thread killer
Seipoc

Previous

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics